• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Kingdra/Mandibuzz

KatsuSado

Team Blitzkrieg FTW!!!
Horsea: 4
Sedra: 2
Kingdra(water arrow): 1
Kingdra(prime): 3
elekid:2
zoura(emerging powers):2
zoroark:2
jirachi:1
manaphy:1
vullaby(emerging powers):3
mandibuzz:3

Pokemon: 23

rare candy:3
pokemon communication:4
energy exchanger:3
P.O.N.T: 4
sage's training:2
twins:2
flower shop lady:1
pokemon collector:3

T/S/S: 22

Energy:
special{D}: 4
Double{C}: 3
{W}: 6
{P}: 1

The strategy behind this deck is snipe the bench and get crucial, easy, and momentium shifting KO's early and easy. By using a card like elekid i can set my snipe up on opponent's main attacker, key tech card, or whoever they have building up. Elekid acts almost like a laser sight for this deck giving me a clear idea who to attack and when to attack instead of just waiting for kingdra to come along to spray splash everying. The early twenty damage makes a big difference is getting those early knock outs. Next there is mandibuzz which could be considered the decks' main attacker. Sure everyone I have consulted says Yanmega is a better option, but the truth is not all of us have the resources, or the luck to pull one, so i used mandibuzz in this deck seeing it was the only sniping tool i had at hand. Then there is the obvious kingdras in the deck three primes for stacking up the spray splashes where needed, and the non prime kingdra when fighting against fire decks. Also I've added two interesting counters for the dragons and stage two pokemon. For the dragons I've added two zoroark which can take out reshi&zeck with the help of a special dark or spray splash while using foul play. Lastly there is jirachi, his purpose in the deck is to break down tricky stage two pokemon that are too bulky to one shot with mandibuzz's blindside. The more energy jirachi has the more pokemon i can devolve and hopefully knock out as well. This card works really well in the late game as well mostly because most people do not expect it coming. Overall I enjoy playing with this deck, and Iam in the process of choosing a deck for Battle Roads. Kingdra/Mandibuzz is in my top three of decks i have made, and any input into making this deck stronger would be great.

*also i know i need catcher in the deck*

I had this deck when BW first came out, i liked it but the only thing that was wrong with it was getting the kingdra out when you get the mandibuzz out.. I would recommend focussing on getting kindra out first.

-1 Jirachi
-1 Manaphy

+1 Collector
+1 Elekid

I preffered the elekid start.

appreciate the feedback another collector would be nice plus i like having manaphy in there in case i have a bad hand. the extra ability to refresh my hand is nice. perhaps adding another rare candy in the deck could help?

probably, you could probably do without the water arrow kingdraand the jirachi for a fourth collector and a third candy. then you can take out all the {P} enrgy for a second manaphy.

i could see it but without at least one decent water counter to fire types iam at a disadvantage

plus with catcher three baby pokemon might be a lil too much absol prime perhaps?

KatsuSado said:
Horsea: 4
Sedra: 2
Kingdra(water arrow): 1
Kingdra(prime): 3
elekid:2
zoura(emerging powers):2
zoroark:2
jirachi:1
manaphy:1
vullaby(emerging powers):3
mandibuzz:3

Pokemon: 23

rare candy:3
pokemon communication:4
energy exchanger:3
P.O.N.T: 4
sage's training:2
twins:2
flower shop lady:1
pokemon collector:3

T/S/S: 22

Energy:
special{D}: 4
Double{C}: 3
{W}: 6
{P}: 1

The strategy behind this deck is snipe the bench and get crucial, easy, and momentium shifting KO's early and easy. By using a card like elekid i can set my snipe up on opponent's main attacker, key tech card, or whoever they have building up. Elekid acts almost like a laser sight for this deck giving me a clear idea who to attack and when to attack instead of just waiting for kingdra to come along to spray splash everying. The early twenty damage makes a big difference is getting those early knock outs. Next there is mandibuzz which could be considered the decks' main attacker. Sure everyone I have consulted says Yanmega is a better option, but the truth is not all of us have the resources, or the luck to pull one, so i used mandibuzz in this deck seeing it was the only sniping tool i had at hand. Then there is the obvious kingdras in the deck three primes for stacking up the spray splashes where needed, and the non prime kingdra when fighting against fire decks. Also I've added two interesting counters for the dragons and stage two pokemon. For the dragons I've added two zoroark which can take out reshi&zeck with the help of a special dark or spray splash while using foul play. Lastly there is jirachi, his purpose in the deck is to break down tricky stage two pokemon that are too bulky to one shot with mandibuzz's blindside. The more energy jirachi has the more pokemon i can devolve and hopefully knock out as well. This card works really well in the late game as well mostly because most people do not expect it coming. Overall I enjoy playing with this deck, and Iam in the process of choosing a deck for Battle Roads. Kingdra/Mandibuzz is in my top three of decks i have made, and any input into making this deck stronger would be great.

*also i know i need catcher in the deck*

I wouldn't rely on 2nd turn Kingdra to make the deck work, you just miss too much. I'd use Absol instead. Also, since you have no free retreaters, I'd recommend Cleffa since you can retreat into it. I have a KingBuzz deck I'm going to use at BRs. This is the list I'm using if you want a reference guide.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-kingbuzz--100475?pid=2088818#pid2088818

I'm considering -1 Rare Candy +1 Seadra, as I'm anticipating lots of Trainer lock. Also, I can't agree with the premise that Yanmega is a better sniper than Mandibuzz. When it comes to sniping, every extra 10 damage you can deal is crucial. The difference in how many pokemon you can ko from 50 damage to 60 damage is amazing, and with Special dark energy, you do as much damage to the active as Yanmega and more to the bench, with the only real difference being 20 less hp (which is significant, but manageable) and a retreat cost, where I rarely have any incentive to retreat at all.

But back to the point, when we're dealing with sniping, you want as much damage as you can do so you can KO pokemon before they get bigger, and just missing the KO by 10 is enough to make you waste another turn, if not 2 just to KO one pokemon, which is just simply bad. Anyone that tells you that Yanmega is inherently a better option is an idiot, it's just easier to use properly.

good point, very good point, and to be honest i've been contemplating the option of experimenting with absol prime It seems good but its only good when active otherwise it is dead weight. guess i won't truly know until i've tried it

KatsuSado said:
good point, very good point, and to be honest i've been contemplating the option of experimenting with absol prime It seems good but its only good when active otherwise it is dead weight. guess i won't truly know until i've tried it

Well, with my build, there's a LOT of dead weight by the middle of the game. At least this dead weight increases your consistency and gives you the chance to reduce your dependence on Kingdra, which is ALWAYS a good thing, because you WILL miss T2 setup many more times than not.

well with the current list i have on poke beach what you consider putting in? one absol or two?

KatsuSado said:
well with the current list i have on poke beach what you consider putting in? one absol or two?

I use 4 for max chance at an opening turn Absol. I wouldn't recommend less than 4. They can be dead draws but they really do reduce your dependence on Kingdra.

Back