• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Kingdra GX!

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Yo guys I saw the new Kingdra GX and I had to make a list for it. The goal is to use Quagsire to move energy from the bench onto Kingdra for big knockouts with its first attack. I also play the baby kingdra to be able to snipe your opponent if need be. So, here's the list:

Pokemon: 20

3x Kingdra GX (DGS)
1x Kingdra (BUS)
2x Seadra (BUS)
4x Horsea (BUS)
1x Quagsire (DGS)
1x Whooper (DGS)
2x Zoroark GX (SHL)
2x Zorua (SHL)
1x Tapu Koko (PROMO)
1x Espeon EX (BKP)
2x Tapu Lele GX (GRI)

Trainers: 32

2x Cynthia (ULP)
2x N (FCO)
2x Professor Sycamore (BKP)
1x Wake (FBL)
2x Guzma (BUS)
2x Bridgette (BTH)

4x Ultra Ball (SUM)
4x Rare Candy (SUM)
4x Aqua Patch (GRI)
1x Evosoda (GEN)
2x Field Blower (GRI)
1x Super Rod (BTH)

3x Choice Band (GRI)
1x Float Stone (BTH)

1x Brooklet Hill (GRI)

Energy: 8

8x Water Energy

So the goal with this deck is to get out your Kingdra GXs with Zoroark GX's trade ability and then we use Kingdra GX's first attack to hit for big numbers being able to 1HKO Buzzwole GX with 3 water and a choice band and we can also use Kingdra's GX attack to do 40 to all our opponents Pokemon and then spread with Baby Kingdra and Tapu Koko and devolve with Espeon EX to take multiple KOs at once.

Please tell me what you think of this deck, and I think the 1-1 Quagsire might be to low of a count for Quagsire but I couldn't find space for any more, so yeah I think that Kingdra will be pretty good when it comes out, and it could turn out to be a little like Gardy.

Thanks for reading and any help would be apreciated with this and any new ideas are welcome,

-Biff The Potato

Changes made:

-1 mallow

+1 Wake

Last edited:
I was thinking a 4-2-3 Kingdra GX line and a 2-1 Dragonair SUM 95/149 line with quad Pro. Letter for major donks but I admittedly like this build better.

I like the idea of Kingdra GX, but I don't think it's going to work very well in the current meta due to Golisopod GX. It will take quite a few cards to set up the damage you need on Kingdra and 1 First impression is all it takes to 1HKO a Kingdra. Also, you're relying on quagsire and aqua patch to help you accelerate energy on to your Kingdra GX. If one of your kingdra gets knocked out, its going to take you quite some time to get energies back on board again.

I like the concept, but the fact that you need at least 3 energy to hit good numbers makes it not as viable in my opinion. If you're going to 2 shot everything anyways, you might as well play something like Golisopod/Zoroark, Lycanroc/Zoroark, Lucario/Zoroark, Buzzwole/Garb since they don't require any stage 2 mons.

Of course this is just my opinion. I could be completely wrong, but I'm just not seeing it at this moment. Please feel free to give me your opinions on this as well :)

Yo guys I saw the new Kingdra GX and I had to make a list for it. The goal is to use Quagsire to move energy from the bench onto Kingdra for big knockouts with its first attack. I also play the baby kingdra to be able to snipe your opponent if need be. So, here's the list:

Pokemon: 20

3x Kingdra GX (DGS)
1x Kingdra (BUS)
2x Seadra (BUS)
4x Horsea (BUS)
1x Quagsire (DGS)
1x Whooper (DGS)
2x Zoroark GX (SHL)
2x Zorua (SHL)
1x Tapu Koko (PROMO)
1x Espeon EX (BKP)
2x Tapu Lele GX (GRI)

Trainers: 32

2x Cynthia (ULP)
2x N (FCO)
2x Professor Sycamore (BKP)
1x Mallow (GRI)
2x Guzma (BUS)
2x Bridgette (BTH)

4x Ultra Ball (SUM)
4x Rare Candy (SUM)
4x Aqua Patch (GRI)
1x Evosoda (GEN)
2x Field Blower (GRI)
1x Super Rod (BTH)

3x Choice Band (GRI)
1x Float Stone (BTH)

1x Brooklet Hill (GRI)

Energy: 8

8x Water Energy

So the goal with this deck is to get out your Kingdra GXs with Zoroark GX's trade ability and then we use Kingdra GX's first attack to hit for big numbers being able to 1HKO Buzzwole GX with 3 water and a choice band and we can also use Kingdra's GX attack to do 40 to all our opponents Pokemon and then spread with Baby Kingdra and Tapu Koko and devolve with Espeon EX to take multiple KOs at once.

Please tell me what you think of this deck, and I think the 1-1 Quagsire might be to low of a count for Quagsire but I couldn't find space for any more, so yeah I think that Kingdra will be pretty good when it comes out, and it could turn out to be a little like Gardy.

Thanks for reading and any help would be apreciated with this and any new ideas are welcome,

-Biff The Potato
In My opinion, I feel it would be better to run cards like Wake and Corsola. Corsola bc it can snipe low hp pokemon on the bench and Wake because it sets up aqua patch and allows you to look for two cards (in your deck) at the same time.

Back