Ruling Kingdra and Double Dragon Energy

Eron

Is back as of March 24
Kingdra-XY-Black-Star-Promos-XY39.jpg
Double-Dragon-Energy-Roaring-Skies-97.jpg
1.- Let's say I have Kingdra with 1 Double Dragon Energy and 1 Electric Energy.
Could I discard only the DDE when discarding the Electric and Water energy? Because it takes 2 Water and 1 Electric, and to make the attack I used the DDE as Water, but the card says it provides every type of energy.
2.- Can I attach both energies, DDE and Electric/Water, in the same turn?

1. Yes, The DDE could provide both the Electric and Water needed for the discard, regardless of how it was used during the attack.

2. Yes, You can attach two energy cards from your hand via Alpha Growth.

1. Yes, The DDE could provide both the Electric and Water needed for the discard, regardless of how it was used during the attack.

2. Yes, You can attach two energy cards from your hand via Alpha Growth.

So, wait, doesn't that mean you could have a DDE and a rainbow energy attached to kingdra and not have to discard at all?

So, wait, doesn't that mean you could have a DDE and a rainbow energy attached to kingdra and not have to discard at all?

I'm going to assume that what you're trying to say is that you want to be able to decide that the DDE and Rainbow Energy don't count as Water or Electric type when it comes time to discard after using the attack.

Sadly, that's not how it works. DDE and Rainbow Energy provide every type of energy, but only one at a time. As such, they're always providing the type of energy needed and if they can fulfill a requirement, you can't decide they don't. When it comes time to discard, the DDE and Rainbow energy would both be valid targets for discard. The Rainbow Energy can fulfill one of the discard requirements, and DDE can fulfill both. You have to discard if you can fulfill the requirement.

Back