• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Kazooie and... Bottles?

legolover322

Aspiring Trainer
Did you happen to fail to preorder two of the oh-so-valuable Ultra Necrozma Battle Arena decks? Do you want to have a bit of fun in the Standard format without risking the life of your poor, feeble wallet? Do you want to just play a deck that is not completely neutered if you fail to hit Welder on turn one? Do you want to play a deck that involves looking at cards with different artwork that is, most importantly, not MewMewGX?

If any of these apply to you, then go on and dust off those copies of Alolan Dugtrio that you haven't touched since Starmie was a thing (or buy a playset for like eight Bazooka Joe wrappers or something lol), because it appears that the mole rides again! The time has come for the feline overlords to be thwarted; Alolan Duggy is back, baybeeeee!

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 1 Dunsparce CES 110
* 4 Pidgey TEU 121
* 4 Pidgeotto TEU 123
* 4 Alolan Diglett LOT 122
* 4 Alolan Dugtrio UPR 79
* 1 Mew UNB 76

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 4 Professor Elm's Lecture LOT 188
* 4 Lady FLI 109
* 2 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 4 Mt. Coronet UPR 130
* 2 Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178
* 3 Fisherman BKT 136
* 4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182

##Energy - 14

* 14 Metal Energy SMEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

The strategy of this deck is simple; utilize Alolan Dugtrio's Gold Rush attack while using a Pidgeotto draw engine in order to hit your Mt. Coronets, Ladies (Ladys?), Fishermen, and Metal Energy in order to build up enough energy to put that big, stupid MewMewGX in its place: the trash. It is advantageous in the sense that it can be a budget deck, provided that one already has various Standard staples prior. Even if one is missing some pieces, then they can be easily and cheaply purchased; Pokegear's price has fallen off a bit, Mt. Coronet is pretty cheap, Acro Bike can be replaced for other deck cycle, and Ditto Prism Star is somewhat optional (though definitely preferable).

This deck can struggle somewhat if one receives a bad opening hand, and Lt. Surge's can be a bit of a dead card if one is already ahead. Any feedback on the deck is greatly appreciated. Overall, try out this deck if you're looking for an inexpensive and simple deck to play. Try to barter with any tournament organizers to match you up against specifically MewMewGX decks, so you can show the walking wallet who's boss!

(P.S.: If attempting to destroy a copy of MewMewGX, it is important to remember that shredding the card does nothing; TCGPlayer will come to your house, dig the scraps out of your dumpster, tape it back together, and sell it off as "Lightly Played". Try burning it instead.)

Dugtrio is cool and the list is cool too. However, I'vr always had a problem with Dugtrio: I feel like you have to focus either on grabbing energies from the deck or from the discard pile, but not both. If you try to focus on both, either Fisherman or Lady respectively will often end to be dead draw. Are you experiencing this with your deck?
Moreover, have you considered Lusamine?

Dugtrio is cool and the list is cool too. However, I'vr always had a problem with Dugtrio: I feel like you have to focus either on grabbing energies from the deck or from the discard pile, but not both. If you try to focus on both, either Fisherman or Lady respectively will often end to be dead draw. Are you experiencing this with your deck?
Moreover, have you considered Lusamine?
I have considered Lusamine, and I feel that it might not be the correct play for this deck; this deck is heavily reliant on having a good early game so that one can set up all of their pieces quickly and efficiently and sweep in the late game, and Lusamine is just a little too slow for this deck; the card's effect can be incredibly powerful in the late game (as looping two Lusamines and recycling cards like Lt. Surge's and Brock's can be devastating), but it is ultimately a dead card in the early game, which is where the deck is easily at its weakest.

Also, regarding the Fisherman/Lady combo, I have not found the combination of the two to be particularly bad for this deck. I run so much Energy in this deck that there's almost always something to pull from from either source. However, you might be on to something when you point out that perhaps optimizing the deck to function off of one source might increase consistency and allow for a smoother overall power curve. I might give it a try!

Back