Discussion Just pulled 3 secret rares. Should I get them graded?

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
I was just at my local toys r us to buy the new lucario GX box (which seems to be delayed due to Cyrus issue). I noticed shining legends pikachu pin packs were on sale for 25% off so I picked 3 of them up. Unbeleiveably i pulled in order: secret rare lab mewtwo, followed by a second secret rare lab mewtwo! Third was a Manaphy, fourth was a rainbow rare Gx. I pulled two more GX regular arts (raichu and Entei). I have never had this kind of luck.. Especially at Toys r us.

Now I see PSA 9 lab mewtwos online for about $100 US. My two are slightly off center by about a millimeter. How much would that weigh in the grading?

My feeling is that this is such a unique card that the value may hold or go up in time.

What are your thoughts.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know where you get your prices from but you can buy a psa 10 for far less then 100. Dont go by ebay prices. But u can find alot for sale for under 50 for psa 10 as low as 35 bucks n free shipping. Getting cards graded costs money. Thats why people asking 35 to 50. Nongraded costs 17 bucks. So makes sence that a psa goes for average 40ish.
You grade cards not to sell right away. Its so it holds its grade and in a 10 to 15 years if the card holds well. It will be worth alot more

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
You are right on the prices. Normally i don't check ebay but in this case i did. I should have checked what was actually sold.

My local card store is offering $18 cdn for it ungraded which is 50 percent of what they sell it for.

My goal is to hang on to it for several years which is why I am considering getting them graded just because its such a unique card.

I just am curious though howha slightly off entered card woruld grade if all the other attributes are perfect.