Who whould you vote for

• Barack Obama / Joe Biden

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • John McCain / Sarah Palin

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Just plain vote!

No, I haven't started insulting people yet because it's not worth using. Figure of speech and other textual techniques are pretty popular because it makes you not sound like a drone. I have yet to see you address my points directly, rather ignore them because you claim that my intelligence is not up to standard of yours, which I do not see any evidence of at all.

How 'bout we collect all our arguements so far and present them in points? It'll be a lot less muddled with people randomly throwing out points that we suddenly move to and never finish the one we started on before.

I have yet to see a point from you other than attacking mine.

and that is a good idea, although the discussions are similar mostly the economy/ the plans of the candidates for the economy

As of September 24th, the US national debt is $9.792 trillion. That is going to take a WHILE to pay off, if it is even possible.

TheSalmonOfDoubt said:
I see not the problem with expanding social programs. This will create more jobs. Oh wait, why bother with that, right? Let's spend all that money on the war. Or wait; here you are Wall Street, $700 billion. Now try not to let it happen again, 'k? The new jobs will bolster the economy from its fall.

Also...I seriously doubt that the rich would ever consider leaving. Those people made their success in this country. With all that wealth in this country, like I brought up previously, 70% of it belongs to 10% of the population, which honestly sickens me. They have FAR more than enough for whatever they want, and the increased taxes won't provide anywhere NEAR enough incentive for them to move out of the country.

And too add on to his point, the US has the best standard of living in the world...no matter how in debt we are. If the rich moved to some small country, they would live like kings....but they dont because things are so much better here (no offense to other countries....not saying anything bad about anyone, just saying it is true that the US has the highest standard of living)

I think tax cuts and making college affordable is a pretty good cause to be voting for....TBH, I dont think anyone wants 4 more years of the same :/ National Health care would be nice too, if you have the spare time Mr. Obama =]

-Black Rayquaza

Black Rayquaza said:
And too add on to his point, the US has the best standard of living in the world.
Wrong.

Last time I checked, the Japanese have the longest life expectancy and I think Europe has the lowest poverty level.
Maybe if you average out the income, but in that case it'd be pretty unrealistic with all the aristocrats. Like previously mentioned, 10% has 70% of America's wealth.

I apologize for my delay I have a lot of homework lately, ironically Economics, plus I tend to tire of this conversation after a while.

I'll just hit my main topic for now as I have to study for a mid term but I will be back when I can to hit other topics. + as I stated earlier I don't respond to sarcasm (SP?) ect., hint hint Salmon,

The rich can still make their money from this country while living outside it. Another way to think about it a good majority of the rich use off shore accounts avoiding major taxes if Obama's plan goes through almost all people over his "rich line" will go for those loosing more money.

A second point to consider Obama said during the recent debate that all those over 250,000$ in income would receive the increase. The main group of people from around 250-500 thousand are small buisness owners. Every where from Contractors, Franchisers, Card Shop Owners ect will get this hard hit. You might say "Larcan that sounds rather rich to me they deserve it". Wrong, Income tax is on income not profit.

Example: Lets say there is this guy Joe. Joe owns a card/ comic shop that dose rather well bringing in around 320,000$ a year. Most would think man pretty good haul Joe but this is only the beginning. First Joe must pay his employes he has 3 and at around minimum wage, will go 9$ an hour really low for a full time job but pretend they are dropouts who on average make around this much, and a 6 day 9 hour work week thats 22,464$ thats 67,392$ in all thus bringing Joe to 252,608$ then joe needs to pay rent for his building it's average size and in a strip mall after fees it runs him around 36,000 a year bringing joe to 216,608. Next Joe has to restock his shop, Cards shops tend to make a 45 to 50% markup on goods so joe spends around 165,000 on goods to be sold this has joe at 51,608 next the nit picky things. Joe pays around 10,000 for Utilities he's now at 41,608. And finally a bunch of tecy stuff like employe tax and all the fees for employing people chop off around 8K, being really generous here, leaving Joe with an actual profit, before taxes, of 33,608$ a decent income as Joe has only minor college experience.

But here is where Obama's plan really hits Joe. Even though He only takes home 33,608$ a year , before taxes, he would be taxed by Obama's standards as if he brought in the original 320,000 thusly leaving Joe with almost nothing after taxes.

Basically to sum it up even though Joe brings in 320,000 the money that is actually his is only 33,608. But since his technical income was 320K he would fall in Obama's high Income bracket and receive a high tax raise. Our friend Joe can't live on what he is left with after the huge tax increase so his shop folds and he finds a job to put his income under Obama's 250,000.

So my question is, what do you think will happen to all the other small business owners like Joe?

The same thing eliminating jobs and a big part of our economy thus hurting the economy more.

Tax refund, dude. If you can prove expenses from your workplace, you are allowed to claim a return for money you never made and still are being taxed on.

Unless that doesn't count for wages or Americans.

Hoary my midterms are done, for now, so I'm back

LTH: Percentage Dude lol, I agree that you can claim expenses on your taxes but you only get a percentage of your expenses deducted from your income tax. So basically the amount he gets deducted from his taxes would stay the same but his actual income tax will go way up.

Though you say high taxes are good its still trouble paying them. Think of the poorer people its hard enough for them already to pay their taxes by that certain deadline and raising taxes would just heighten debt among Americans. :(

America is in debt already. Does it really matter if we go into more debt?

Yeah, we're never going to be able to pay off over $10 trillion with our economy the way it is.

NyJonesy26 said:
Yeah, we're never going to be able to pay off over $10 trillion with our economy the way it is.

Ten trillion spread among 300 million people is over $30,000 PER PERSON. Yeah, we'll pay that off.

NyJonesy26 said:
Its alot more then 10 trillion. Try 60 trillion. What you've probably seen doesn't include alot of things, like the war. They are all in different *draws a blank* bills (I guess) and that one is just the largest.

Thank God I'm Canadian!
I'm rooting for McCain though.
And really, the only thing Bush and McCain have in common is the fact that they can both fly planes.

Papi/Manny said:
Its alot more then 10 trillion. Try 60 trillion. What you've probably seen doesn't include alot of things, like the war. They are all in different *draws a blank* bills (I guess) and that one is just the largest.

Well then, that just solidifies the fact that it'll never get paid off.

NyJonesy26 said:
Papi/Manny said:

Well then, that just solidifies the fact that it'll never get paid off.
Of course it will. If the U.S. economy falls, alot of countries go down with it. Its funny how the public blame the president for this mess. lol.

Back