• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Just a nice deck I like(not necessarily competitive)

pokemeister899

VM if you want to play ACNL with me!
Pokemon-10
Houndoom
Arcanine
Electivire
Torterra
Kingler
Venusaur
Metagross
Hippowdon
Mamoswine

Energy- 43
5 Grass Energys
8 Fighting Energys
7 Water Energys
1 Recover Energy(Any Energy)
1 Boost Energy (3 of any energy)
2 Double Colorless Energy (2 of any energy)
5 Steel Energy
3 Electric Energys
2 Dark Energys
10 Fire Energys
Trainer Card- 7
3 PlusPower
2 Switch
1 Prof.Oak's Visit
1 Energy Switch
Stategy-
My idea with Houndoom is to revenge KO. The 2 dark energys is because I think I will only need him 2 times, and if I don't, there's all those colorless energys. Kingler is also kind of to revenge KO. Torterra can be used for a hard hitter or a energy setter-upper because he can do both. The idea behind 3 PlusPowers is to power up any strong attacks to make them even stronger if that is the case. Mamoswine is kind of a hard hitter, but I won't use him early on. Usually my lead is Electivire. The reason behind only 3 electric energys is because of Motor Drive, which is when I can recycle them. Switch is for pokemon I may need later on that has a high retreat cost(*coughmamoswinecough*). Prof.Oak's visit is for when I need to draw more cards. My reason behind Metagross is to lead, but if not just a hard hitter. Those 5 steel energys are for Extra Comet Punch so you know! Venusaur is to kind of being a annoyer with his pokebody. Infernape is my main fire type since Houndoom is for mainly revenge KO's. I like to use Flare Blitz a lot. Hippowdon is for either a hard hitter or revenge KO'er, but I use him for hard hitter mostly. Arcanine is usually my last resort and last pokemon I usually bring out.

Hope I can get some good reviews, and not "switch this card out for this card*. Once again, this is not necessarily a competitive deck.

It doesn't matter if you don't want "Take this out, put this in" because you have no Basic Pokemon in your deck. All decks are required to have at least one Basic Pokemon, and you can't just randomly play the Arcanine or Mamoswine. You have to evolve Growlithe to Arcanine, or Swinub to Piloswine to Mamoswine.

Basically, all I can say is cut some of the Energy for Houndour, Growlithe, Electabuzz, Turtwig, Grotle, Krabby, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and rest of the evolution lines. 43 is definitely uncecessary, and most of your draws will be Energy when you need Pokemon. I'd say cut the DCE and some Fire Energy.

Gliscor has said most of the things needed to be said, but I'd like to add some other tips. (btw nice siggy Gliscor)

You're going to have to cut at least 3/4ths of the Pokemon in there. Sure it's not competitive and that it's just for fun, but don't you think having so many individual Pokemon is a bit hard to handle? You'd need the right Energies to attach to them, you might not be able to attack, etc etc. Focus your deck on 2-3 Pokemon, with 1-2 Attackers and 1-2 supporting/back-up Pokemon. It'll be easier to play. If you like a lot of Pokemon, I suggest just making several decks based on each Pokemon or 2. It adds to variety as well :)

Also, I suggest you read the TCG manual once, just so that you understand the rules and what you need for a deck etc etc.

Hmm if this is the case I will make a entirely new deck, with Fire and Grass types, and basic pokemon.

*Facepalm*. You, sir, NEEEEEEEEDDD basics. But people have already brought this up but still. Basics are your friend...USE THEM! Find 2 manz that work well together and build a deck off that.

Back