Junk Arm from Triumphant (#87) [1/12]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
87-junk-arm.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

Guiding Questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Answers:
1. Well, not good on it's own (because it's a Trainer), and is most definitely worth being played.
2. Gyarados is the only one I can think of ATM.
3. Junk Arm, 'karps to the discard, get something valuable you need at that time.
4. I give this card a 4 out of 5. Reason being, I can only see it having a good use in Gyarados.
5. The artwork is very nice, and has lots of detail.

First :D

1)How does the card stand on its own? I it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?

This card is a Trainer, so it cannot stand on its own. Furthermore, its use as a Trainer and its effects make it great in the current and future metagames.

2)What popular metagame decks is it used in?

Gyarados, and some players in my area play it in their Mewperior with Rhyperior's attack.

3)What combos can you use it with? How so?

You can put the Magikarps in the discard, and search for something useful.

4)Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

4/5. Has some good uses, and if it could search for a Junk Arm, it would be great.

5)How's the artwork?

Great! Though I don't know what is inside the box, and why the Junk Arm appears as if it is being electracuted. 4/5.

1. Its good, but can't really stand on its on cause it is a trainer.
2.Gyrados and luxchomp.
3. Discard magikarps, or abuse I mean reuse SP trainers.
4. 4.5/5 its a great card as it helps you discard cards that are not useful in a matchup while letting you reuse trainers.
5. Great, it looks pretty cool.

GUIDLINES:
5. How's the artwork?

1. It is not good on its own (because it's a Trainer), But it will be played.
2. Garydos is the only one i can think of right now.
3. Once again Garydos to scrap Magikarps so tail revenge does more damage.
4. 4 out of 5 alot of decks use trainers and this one is pretty good.
5. I like this artwork alot! 5 out of 5

Guiding questions:
5. How's the artwork?

1. It obviously doesn't stand well on its own since it's a trainer, but it does have a LOT of potential that is overlooked.
2. Gyarados. It could be used in any deck to grab Pokemon Rescues and/or Poketurns for Unown R's or Crobat Gs.
3. Unown R/Pokemon Rescue is a good example of a combo: bench, retire, rescue, bench, retire, junk arm out the rescue, rescue, bench, retire. Or: Flash Bite, Poketurn, Flash Bite, Junk arm back the Poketurn, Poketurn, Flash Bite.
4. I would give it a 5/5, since it brings back an important trainer when you need it AND it thins your hand by two, giving you 2 more cards to draw with an Uxie drop.
5. It... looks like a robotic arm. Nothing much to comment on there.

1. It's a Trainer. Worth being played though, definitely.
2. It's Gyarados' best friend, but it has great use in any decks that are Trainer heavy such as SP or Uxie/Shuppet Donk.
3. Junk arm 2 Magikarp, grab a Trainer, done. The Unown R combo mentioned above is also very effective.
4. 5/5. It works great wherever it's put, and can save you in-case a Regimove get's sprayed, you need one more Crobat drop, need a rare candy, the list goes on.
5. The arm itself is meh, but I like the background and how the discard pile is a little chest; much less intimidating than the Lost Zone in some art. 2/5

Guiding questions:
5. How's the artwork?

1.It's a trainer so obviously it can't have potential on it's own. But yes I do think it has a lot of potential.
2.Gyrados, SP, or anything that uses trainer's
3.Poke turn pick up the crobat G flash bite junk arm poke turn flash bite or go for a vs seeker which is a good option to start up a cyrus chain
4.I would give it a 4.5/5 just because some decks need EVERYTHING in there but other than that it's pretty good
5. 3/5 I think the whole treasure chest thing is cool but it creeps me out

1. It goes well very well if you have majikarps in your hand.

2. I dont know of any.

3. Have a garidos on your bench and use junk harm and discard two majikarps.

4. I give 4/5 because discarding majikarps get garidos stronger.

5. The artwork is not very good.

1. It has some potential on its own for reusing a Luxury Ball
2. Gyarados, of course, but also Steelix Prime/Blissey
3. Discard Magikarps in Gyarados, and discard energy cards in Steelix to use the effect of Energy Stream (attach an energy to Steelix from the discard). It can also help to maximize an Uxie's Set Up by lowering the number of cards in your hand.
4. 4/5, it really is a good card :)
5. It would have been nicer with some Poke-Trash in the box instead of nothing.

5. How's the artwork?

1. Being a trainer, it's not all that great on it's own. I have it in almost all my deck's it's so good.
2. It obviously goes in Gyrados, but I actually play it in SP variants as well.
3. Trashing Magikarps in G-Dos. In LuxChomp, it's good for getting back that clutch TGI you couldn't pull with Cyrus's. I have actually played Cyrus's seven times in one game: Play four, VS Seeker, Junk Arm x2. Lowering your hand size for Uxies is also really good.
4. 5/5 I think this is a staple in any deck that plays a large number of Trainers, which turns out to be most decks.
5. I like the art a lot, along with the rest of the HS series, it looks a lot more... Edgy?

Yes i think so, you can play it in Gyrados or just about any deck that you have room to tech something into.
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in? Gyrados not really many other certain deck require discards like this.
3. What combos can you use it with? How so? I'd definitely say mix it with Lux ball, as you can only have 1 in the discard, you can use this to replay to grab ANY pokemon in your deck, definitely worth it.
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars). eh, maybe a 3.5/5, it's a fairly nice staple, but nothing outstanding.
5. How's the artwork? It looks nice for a traner, but not amazing.

It's good if used with Gyarados-Magikarps and SP pokemon.

Gyarados-Magikarp and Luxchomp.

Discard the Magikarps, Pick a Luxury ball because you can have only one luxuryball in you discard pile, then take a Gyarados(Stormfront), and do 60 damage without any energy :D

I think 4.5/5, because of the decks with a large number of trainer cards, but Sometimes you'll need to discard a good card.

5. How's the artwork?
The artwork reminds me of the trainer cards from Base Set.

Back