Contest June/July 2023 CaC: Special Energy Swap (All Results Up!)

Fossil Mix Energy - Special Energy

This card can only be attached to Pokémon that has a card with "Fossil" or "Old Amber" in its name under them.

This card provides [C] Energy. While this card is attached to a Pokémon, it provides [F] , [W], [G] , and [M] Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time.

If the Pokémon this card is attached to is Knocked Out, you may put up to 2 card(s) with "Fossil" or "Old Amber" in their name(s) from your discard pile on the bench.
I wanted to make a Special Energy card specifically to support most of the OG Fossils. Mostly anything gen 1 to 5. So it provides all the necessary energy types for them. That should make it comparable with all but the dragon type cards that can have any type of mixed requirements and some of the gen 8 fossils. I could have gone rainbow to support everything, but I always have liked the blend and unit energy method better.

As for 2nd effect being Fossil and 'Old Amber' trainer recycling... While it is not the only or even biggest problem with fossil pokemon the formats where only 'Mysterious fossil' is printed to serve as basic card dose limit the viability of a dedicated fossil deck if you want to play more than 4 fossil pokemon. The wording is made such as it supports all the current fossil trainers cards, but the starting idea I had only referenced'mysterious Fossil' in text.

Here are both of my Special Energy entries!

I originally wanted to make an ex-era Special Energy but could not find any blanks for them. So, I decided to make an image fake for the other era I am familiar with, XY.

But what makes XY "XY"? I reasoned Mega Evolution: thus, I wanted to make an Energy card that interacts with that very mechanic. What is missing from the TCG's version of Mega Evolution, I feel, is that connection between that Trainer and the Pokémon that is being evolved. I suppose there are the "Spirit Link" cards, but I feel they didn't exactly capture this feeling from the games as the "Trainer" is not present... wait...

Thus, "Unbreakable Bond Energy" was born. While the Energy is attached, the bond between Pokémon and Trainer is symbolized by both M Pokémon-EX and Supporter cards moving from the same place (the hand) to the same place on the board (the field). The card's Rainbow-Energy-Effect providing 1 of any energy makes it useful for any Mega Pokemon to make use of it; and with its requirement only being a Supporter card attached to the Pokémon the Energy is attached to, the process of attaching a Supporter card by Unbreakable Bond Energy's effect only needs to happen once: the Pokémon further benefiting from that bond that was first established. The "Unbreakable"-ness of the Energy arrives in its extra effect, preventing the effects of other Supporters (or other "Trainers") from affecting the Bond between Pokémon and trainer.

I considered what you could do now that the Supporter card is attached, such as discarding it to gain a certain effect. However, I felt that would impede with the flavor of the Energy and the "Unbreakable" nature of the bond. Discarding the Supporter is the definition of breaking it. Perhaps that design space could be used by the person who gets the Energy in part 2: performing an extra effect now that a M Pokémon has a supporter card attached. I personally had a Korinna attached to a M Lucario EX in mind. However, the card doesn't even need to be a M Pokémon-EX to interact with the Energy! Whoever gets it, go wild!

Finally, for the art. I tried to re-create the effect that occurs during a Mega Evolution behind the card, as it happens around both the Trainer's Keystone and Pokémon's Mega Stone. While the rainbow gradient in the background can reflect the Rainbow Energy-esque effect of the Special Energy, I mainly took inspiration from the rainbow color palettes in existing Mega-Evolution Trainer cards such as Mega Turbo and Mega Catcher. For the orb itself, thanks to bbninjas and aschefield for the orb and energy symbols!

[ENERGY] Remnant Energy 40 HP [C]
Special Energy Card

8xu6YKLhETCCbzdYosNDY5ZPUgkPFjWPGagxw6tk9ZDr179LoujatFt_T7h_LLvG-kAcNKlT3aSUbOfLeXDn7OLrEG-F37JJsCZR8Zb97NJkB2aXo-twCePh_rylOhhMWsj4Cdi9qgx3gBdTJn1Nazw
illus. NinJamezor

Remnant Energy can be attached only to an Evolved Pokémon. Remnant Energy provides [C] Energy. If the Pokémon Remnant Energy is attached to isn’t an Evolved Pokémon, discard Remnant Energy. If the Pokémon Remnant Energy is attached to is Knocked Out, you may put Remnant Energy onto your Bench as if it were a Basic Pokémon. While in play and not attached to a Pokémon, Remnant Energy counts as a [C] Pokémon (as well as a Special Energy card). Remnant Energy has no attacks of its own, can’t retreat, and can’t be affected by Special Conditions. If Remnant Energy is Knocked Out, it doesn’t count as a Knocked Out Pokémon. (Discard it anyway.) At any time during your turn before your attack, you may discard Remnant Energy from play.

[Poké-POWER] Wail of the Fallen
Once during your turn (before your attack), if Remnant Energy is your Active Pokémon, you may put 1 damage counter on the Defending Pokémon.

[NJPR#02] (Pr)
For this Energy, I wanted to make the reverse of cards like Holon's Castform. What about an Energy that becomes a Pokémon? So, I looked to similar cards: ex-era fossils. Which have the HP in the name. I was torn on whether I should put the HP in the name, as I wanted Remnant Energy to essentially be what the name says, a "Remnant" of the Pokémon that was knocked out, with its purpose to be an Energy that transforms into a Pokémon, rather than an Trainer card that is a Pokémon like the fossils. But, I decided it was better to go the fossil route as there was nothing else similar to the card I was trying to make.

In line with the Fossils as well (and to set the Energy apart), I decided to give Remnant Energy a Poké-POWER, as the fossils all have Poké-Bodies. I don't think the "Wail of the Fallen" is broken: dealing 10 damage on a Pokémon that gives up no prize cards is pretty nice to use with a Pokémon that switches out of the Active, but I think its balance comes from the drawback of needing an evolved Pokémon to be knocked out, preventing any chaining of Remnant Energy creating another Remnant Energy (which also lines up with the flavor).

@NinJamezor Your Unbreakable Energy kinda reminds me of my Charmander SVD from my Fakers Marathon entry. I think you should specify how many Supporters can be attached and whether the attached Supporters can be used or not.
Your other Energy is very interesting and unique too! But I'm not sure if all that text would fit in a real or Image-based card, especially in the ex era.

Allow me to present my entry.

Cyclic Energy

As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon, it provides [C] Energy.

If this card is moved from one of your Pokémon to another one of your Pokémon, you may search your deck for a basic Energy card and attach it to that Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck.

I think, for better or worse, the SwSh era will probably be remembered as the era where getting energy directly from the deck has never been easier. Between cards like Arceus, Archeops, Mirage Gate, Elesa's Sparkle or something like Rillaboom SWSH1 that didn't quite make it into the metagame, entire formats have revolved around these mostly extremely generic ways to power up anything from absolutely nothing. I personally dislike it, but alas. My real point is that 1) this fits thematically and 2) any card not for an older format has to reckon with the fact that Archeops can search it directly from the deck. Making any energy with on field effects that didn't require extra steps felt risky to me. I hope this encourages something creative out of whoever gets it. The bar is Dusknoir BRS, which can move it for infinite energy.

@NinJamezor Your Unbreakable Energy kinda reminds me of my Charmander SVD from my Fakers Marathon entry. I think you should specify how many Supporters can be attached and whether the attached Supporters can be used or not.
Your other Energy is very interesting and unique too! But I'm not sure if all that text would fit in a real or Image-based card, especially in the ex era.
I don't think there is enough room to specify how many supporters can be attached/whether they can be used or not on Unbreakable Energy. I'm not sure how necessary it is as well. For your Charmander, using the effect of an attached Supporter is integral to the effect of the attack, while for Unbreakable Bond Energy the effect of the attached Supporter is irrelevant to the effect of the energy. For amount, multiple Supporter cards could be attached to the Pokémon (as it does not mention how many can?), but Unbreakable Bond Energy only cares that at least one Supporter card is attached to it.

As for Remnant Energy, it is a lot of text. However, although it would be pushing it, I think it's possible to fit on an image-based card, given that text can become as small as Double Rainbow Energy and the text box itself can be enlarged as seen in the Holon Energy cards.

There are some fun energy orbs under custom resources on the DeviantArt, if anyone wants to use them. Not just custom types (sorry, PMJ), but Medallions, glass orbs, metallic orbs, etc. You can even find Ancient Mew type symbol interpretations and three-dimensional, angled symbols which would look at home on a Wizards of the Coast era interpretation of type-specific special Energy!
https://www.deviantart.com/pokemoncardresources/gallery/51274706/resources-custom-1 (pages 1 and 2)
https://www.deviantart.com/pokemonc...2989/resources-custom-2?set=29632989&offset=0 (all three pages)
Hope these resources are helpful. Remember that Omnium can stand in for multiple eras (with or without modification), which is especially evident from the fact that CardPone based it on the layout of a Classical era card, but suggests balancing cards made with it for the HGSS era. (And also by the fact that he uses Sun and Moon era wording in Omnium: Frontiers Renewed.*)

On another note... in for image and text!
(I only just remembered the fact that I didn't have to immediately declare what formats my fakes would be for. The last CaC had me confused. Perhaps this time I'll print proxies and goldfish a deck so I don't forget important sentences like "You may only use one of this Poké-Body at a time." Still can't believe I broke the best designed format in the history of the game with the ability to passively heal your bulkiest Water type Pokémon by half their total HP when I wasn't intending to focus on the healing aspect at all.)
Thanks for joining the CaC, bbninjas! I'm not sure I've ever been in a CaC with you before, despite the fact you were online for the majority of my time in the Discord!
I'm getting excited about this theme! I may be taking another extended CaC fast after this contest ends, so I look forward to the ability to create not one, not two, but four entries! I may even want to try my hand at textured cards, since I made my first textured cards for the last Fakers Marathon, and since it would provide a healthy outlet for my dubious tastes in holofoils. You know, my habit of using different holofoils inside and on the card frame, mixing aesthetically incompatible holofoils, drowning the background texture (and sometimes the text) in dark, opaque blends, etc.

** This set, along with Jabberwock's Plasma Revival, was what got me introduced to the Pokémon TCG Fakers Community in the first place. Ahh, the memories.

EX era Energy card moment. Idk why but these contests bring the Delta fan out of me.

OverflowENERGY_SMOL.png
A bit on the powerful side I think, Darkness Metal energy from the same era just provides [M] and [D] and that's it.
Metal and Lightning are there because of the early delta species typing, could have made it [C] but sacrificed intelligent game design to edgy lore again (I'm addicted to edgy lore pls help).
I didn't want it to have some 'lose 10 HP' side effect, this Energy is not some kind of 'deal with the devil'; it's inherently good if you don't use it to antagonize inter-dimensional travelers or something.
It seems gimmicky enough to me that it should not really give an unfair advantage to people who just want to use it as more Metal and Lightning Energy (but I have NO idea of what I'm talking about so this sentence might be ridiculous).
This said, it is willfully made to work well with Electric/Steel types which are most of the early deltas.

The wording is still dubious to me, I have no idea if I have to include the 'no other effect' part since the wording on the EX era special Energy cards seems incoherent to most of the people I consulted. My reasoning is that, since it has another effect, it should not have the sentence (Double Rainbow Energy does not agree thou). I had my fun discussing about it and this decision is the final result.

The name font was chosen and modified so to match Delta Rainbow Energy and then modified to say Overflow Energy, so that was my reference (I might have found a way to (D)uck it up in post thou).

The lore implications of this card are kinda simple; a suspicious power line leak turns Pokemon who use its Energy into other types. Who knows what might happen next. Surely none of the land around Elica will turn into ocean as a result of an unfortunate series of events of which this might or might not be a part of. Right?

In conclusion here's some flavor text from the Crowded Boundaries set lore, feel free to incorporate it (as vaguely as you wish) or disregard it if you are making a synergy Pokemon for this card:

"Those who don't read literature are doomed to repeat it, but Elica's and Holon's paths never crossed once. As the leaking Energy flows from the power lines through the fields and houses, it creates new friends and new foes. Will you choose to go with or against the tide, struggling across these Crowded Boundaries?"

Here's my entry:
[ENERGY] Everstone Energy [C]
Special Energy Card

As long as this card is attached to a Pokemon, it provides [C] [C] Energy.

You may attach Everstone Energy to any Pokemon (yours or your opponent’s), and the Pokemon this card is attached to can’t evolve.
References:
Liepard V CRE 101
Double Turbo Energy BRS 151
Lost Vacuum LOR 162

Btw, this card was made using Sword and Shield wording and such. Believe it or not, the original concept for this came when I was looking at a box of cheerios. I was thinking about this CaC, and realized I liked the idea of a "honey" energy (the original name for this card), that prevented something or blocked something from happening. Later, I thought of the idea of preventing evolution, which as it turns out, hasn't been made into a Special energy card yet! You can attach this to ANY Pokemon on the field, causing disruption for your opponent, or some helpful effect for you (hint hint wink wink).

Here's my SWSH era Energy!

Equipment Energy -Special Energy [C]
As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon it provides [C] Energy.
When you attach this card from your hand to a Pokémon that doesn't have a Pokémon Tool attached to it, you may search your deck for a Pokémon Tool card and attach it to that Pokémon.Then, shuffle your deck.
Your turn ends.

Honestly,I was kinda running out of ideas in this contest,especially that all my Special Energy ideas were either too powerful or used in other ways already.So I picked something simple but useful:Tool picking!I know we've got Arven already as a Tool picker,but honestly,the more cards like these the merrier.I also used the end your turn thing as a drawback cuz why not.
My inspiration was Delibird from Lost Thunder,whose attack is kinda underrated.

1687650963299.png

Less than a week left to get your entries in! I'm waiting to secure some artwork and then I'll have mine ready! Apologies in advance for the free 50 I'm about to get but that's just how it works sometimes.

dg0uyny-14baca1f-8092-4e70-9382-c04f604964fc.png

Attach it to a Pokemon, it gains a rainbow Energy, and it loses 20 HP. It's as easy as that. Or is it?

Right now, we currently exist in a format where Lugia VSTAR is a deck, but only barely. The only reason it's not running rampant right now is because all the colored Special Energy we had were lost to rotation, leaving only Luminous Energy (which conspicuously cannot be stacked with any other Special Energy in order to maintain its rainbow effect) and a smattering of Colorless Energy, outside of Single Strike and Rapid Strike variants which have a very limited card pool to use. It's telling that Luminous Energy has such a harsh restriction on it - Creatures obviously did not want Lugia VSTAR to continue dominating the way it did on release. Therefore, any colored Special Energy that exist in the current meta must either not pay colored costs or have enough of a drawback that it doesn't break Lugia VSTAR (and that drawback isn't so severe that the Energy isn't worth playing).

This card will still make Lugia VSTAR very good. There is no getting around that, but I also don't think that's a bad idea. However, there is currently no way to recycle Special Energy, so once these Energy are gone, they are gone for good. Losing up to 80 HP on your Pokemon in exchange for being able to power up any attack in the game is a perfectly fine trade, I think, but this card's strategic value goes far beyond Lugia VSTAR because you can also choose to attach Star Energy to one of your opponent's Pokemon instead.

Being able to attach to your opponent's Pokemon opens a whole new book of possibilities, none of which I'm going to go into detail on so as not to improperly influence whoever gets this card for July, but they do exist.

Now I'd like to say a few things about the card design itself, with some bomb-ass art from resident shitposter and Pokemon connoisseur Katsu. Star Energy is, of course, inspired by Team Star. Since Team Star's leaders are all just a bunch of good-natured ne'er-do-wells (sigh), I thought it would be neat to have the artwork done in a graffiti style, since I don't think they are above vandalism, and as far as Special Energy cards go, it is an entirely unique art style, especially for the Energy orb itself, which is drawn and intentionally messy looking so as to look more natural.

The artwork itself features several nods to Team Star, of course. It might seem a little cluttered, but that's kind of the point. Each leader is tagging around the Energy orb, so as to have all of their marks visible in the same image.

The border of the card is red, an intentional design choice to make them similar in look to Jamming Net and Head Ringer. I wanted to have something similar to the giant FLARE thing in the center of the card, and went with a messy spray paint design to tie into the graffiti theme since even the FLARE thing looks like someone painted over a stencil. The only crisp and clean part of this card is the actual word "star" in the text effect area. Team Star doesn't have an official font, so I had to improvise. Since Giacomo is the de facto leader in Cassiopeia's absence, I thought that this particular font would be something he, a "cool" DJ, would use.

I thought about adding a foil to the artwork, but ultimately decided against it. I liked how it looked, but I felt that it took away from the graffiti aspect of it by making the Energy orb drawing pop out when the whole point is to have it be a part of the background. I still left it on the border, though.

Shout outs again to Katsu for the art and @aschefield101 for the blanks. Further edits done by me.

References: Treasure Energy, Luminous Energy, Hero's Medal, Jamming Net

It's come to my attention that you actually can recycle Special Energy with Roseanne's Backup, but considering we've had it all this time and it's still seen no play, I'm not worried about it breaking my card.

Additionally, to clarify, the intent is that attaching it to your opponent's Pokemon also counts as your attachment for turn.

@CardPone
EDIT: incurring the two-point edit penalty to fix a couple of working errors and swap in a cleaner Energy symbol.
Protean Energy ChM CaC10.2.png
Sorry for submitting image first, @PMJ. I'm wrestling with wording for a WoTC Special Energy in text, so I felt like I needed a mental brain break. (I'm apologizing because I remembered you being sad when Nyan submitted her image fake before her text fake in the Evolving Stage 1's CaC.)

Attachments

• Protean Energy ChM CaC10.png
    Protean Energy ChM CaC10.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
EDIT: I have edited the references since updating my entry.
Firstly, I was excited to use IcyCatElf's glass energy orbs before realizing they were only available in the sizes used for energy icons on the Pokémon themselves, and wouldn't be large enough for a Special Energy. I tried magnifying the symbols with these tools--
https://app.remini.ai/result?gclid=...e&taskId=1bf306b7-161c-44b4-87bf-05ade4d90978
--but it didn't come out the way I was hoping it would, so I settled on TylerComfeyHat's Energy symbol. It actually looks cleaner now, though it doesn't look as pretty as PMJ's Star Energy.

Now for the background. The card is based on the ability Protean. This Hidden Ability has been given to three Pokémon lines. The rationale for this ability seems to be an improvement on Kecleon's Color Change by handing you (the trainer) the reins in changing its type to suite your needs. However, I was surprised to find that Kecleon didn't actually have a Hidden Ability in Generation 5, meaning it received this Ability for the first time... alongside Greninja. Now, Meowscarada (I didn't just type "Meowstic," you just typed "Meowstic") is the third line to receive this Ability. And then there's Cinderace with Libero, it's "Protean at home."

Essentially this Special Energy, which, like most Omnium cards, is designed for circa 2010/2011 (DPPt/HGSS/BW), will give your Pokémon the Ability Protean. This card would work well with Pokémon with the attack Rotating Claws, which, in 2010, probably means Registeel LA (which, incidentally, has a built-in mechanism for discarding those Energy). Incidentally, 50 damage and the ability to hit any Weakness means that Registeel can OHKO many of the powerful basics in the format, especially Pokémon SP and many of the legendaries coming out of sets like Legends Awakened. In other words, most basics with a weakness of 2x (instead of +20, which many legendary Pokémon seem to have). Unfortunately, Energy Gain will help those SP's out-speed Registeel most of the time, though you can still use Regi Heal to keep Registeel healthy to a limited extent.

But this isn't about Registeel. This is about what card you, the player, create to go with it.

As for what existing cards make this card worth playing, this card will also go well with the SP decks themselves, since they already run multiple types of basic Energy, but thanks to the Special Energy clause, this card isn't going to allow you to turn Dialga G Lv.X into a multitype tank that can abuse both Protean Energy and Special Energy. (I wish I could say I did that on purpose; I only realized the connection just now as I was writing the description.) Keep in mind that you'll have to be more careful with your Call Energy if you want to use this card later in the game. Consider planning on retreating or using Dragon Rush to bump an unwanted Call Energy if you're forced to attach it to a Pokémon you will want to attack with later.

Out of evolving Pokémon decks, Flygon is probably the one that will be able to utilize this card the best, since they will want to run multiple types of basic Energy to help Pokémon retreat for free anyways. Decks like Abomasnow/Ampharos and Gardevoir/Gallade can benefit as well, although they may just prefer to use whatever attacker is already up front. Steelix Prime is right out for the reasoned outlined under Dialga G Lv.X (see a theme here?). Cards like Donphan Prime and Kingdra (both the LA and Prime versions), which are fairly bulky and have low attack costs with high output, may come to love this card, so it could spawn some new archetypes using these sorts of cards. Come to think of it, those two Pokémon were already featured in a deck together, so that works just swimmingly. (Wait, can elephants swim with that low a center of gravity?)

And Regigigas... we don't talk about Regigigas.
However, since I want to get a good score, I guess we're talking about Regigigas anyways. You won't be able to attach this card to Regigigas Lv.X with Sacrifice, but if you can attach it manually, Regigigas will be able to hit for at least 3 weaknesses (4, I guess, because the list I'm looking at right now runs a Psychic Energy, evidently so Azelf can use Lock Up to trap something in the active spot). Of course, Gaia blast already does plenty of damage (collateral as well as militant) with Expert Belt as it is, so Protean Energy probably won't help Regigigas hit that many relevant numbers, but it has the option available.

Keep in mind this effect overrides it’s existing type. If you attached a Lightning Energy and a Protean Energy to Yanmega Prime, for example, that Pokémon would be a Lightning type, and could Knock Out another Yanmega in a single hit if you have a Judge in hand. (Technically Yanmega was released just after 2010 Worlds, but still within the vague Omnium era.)

Hopefully that's a good place to get your creative juices flowing! Just remember, though, you're allowed to appropriate this card for later eras, per Jabberwock's FAQ post, so feel free to create a card for another era if you can see a use for it there! (Also, theoretically, you could use this card for an era prior to when it was created. Would that be legal, @Jabberwock?) (Come to think of it, this card would be very fun in the ex era, when some Pokémon had multiple weaknesses. Although I'm pretty sure Onmium does that as well.

References:
Weakness Guard Energy ("This card provides [C] Energy.")
Dragonium Z: Dragon Claw ("If the Pokémon this card is attached to has")
Gligar UNB ("has no [Special] Energy attached to it")
Lycanroc CEC ("Special Energy attached to it")
Mismagius SM245 ("that Pokémon is")
Rowlet & Exeggutor GX ("if that Pokémon")
Drampa CEC ("If [that] Pokémon has 2 or more different types of basic Energy attached to it,")
Kecleon CRE ("each of those types") (I pruned the reference down to the point where I couldn't find any more Sun and Moon era references)

P.S. You can see the original Special Energy as an attachment beneath the spoiler with the original Energy. Not only did the slightly rainbow-tinted orb feel a little too busy, distracting from the otherwise simple contrast of dark and light shades), but it was also too low a resolution. Worse, however, the wording seemed to imply that it was the Energy changing type, rather than the Pokémon. This error, for reasons obvious to all, needed to be corrected. Otherwise, the card would essentially be a nerfed Crystal Energy (as if the Rainbow Energy successor hadn't been nerfed enough).
I'm really excited for this contest! Now I need to wrestle with that WoTC Special Energy's wording for text! I hope someone has fun designing a Pokémon around this card!
Honestly, it's a joy to be using Omnium again. Thanks, CardPone, for designing this wonderful template. I still appreciate the fruits of your labor.
P.S. I was talking with my parents about this contest, and my dad thought I was saying "credit card contest" because I was enunciating poorly.

Last edited:
"Those who don't read literature are doomed to repeat it, but Elica's and Holon's paths never crossed once. As the leaking Energy flows from the power lines through the fields and houses, it creates new friends and new foes. Will you choose to go with or against the tide, struggling across these Crowded Boundaries?"
I assume you're referring to Elica the construction company or Elica the appliance company? It's amusing to think of delta-species microwaves as the cause of shifts in neighborhood allegiances and acquaintances. Definitely not dropping card ideas for whoever gets this energy, I don't know what you're talking about.

@CardPone
Sorry for submitting image first, @PMJ. I'm wrestling with wording for a WoTC Special Energy in text, so I felt like I needed a mental brain break. (I'm apologizing because I remembered you being sad when Nyan submitted her image fake before her text fake in the Evolving Stage 1's CaC.)
I was just memeing. I'm glad to see all entries, even if it's for image! I like to feel like I've earned my placements and I can't do that without people to beat.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for text. You, and everyone else, has a day left to submit before we start the second half of this contest.

When will the results for the special energy half of the contest be posted? I'm not being impatient I was just wondering if it would be at the end of June or the end of July

[C] Energy

Silph Scope Energy Special Energy Card

If the Pokémon Silph Scope Energy is attached to attacks the Defending Pokémon, before doing damage, that attack's effects, including damage, aren't affected by Weakness, Resistance, Pokémon Powers, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon.

Silph Scope Energy provides [C] energy. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

Back