• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Jumpluff HGSS-on

festizzio

Desu
Pokemon (27):

4-3-4 Jumpluff HS
3-3 Sunflora HS
2-2-2 Vileplume UD
4x Smeargle CL

T/S/S (21):

4x Pokemon Collector
4x Copycat
2x Professor Elm's Training Method
3x Judge
2x Flower Shop Lady

4x Pokegear 3.0
2x Rare Candy

Energy (12):

4x Rescue Energy
8x Grass Energy

Strategy is to hit hard with Jumpluff. Sunflora sets up very quickly, and Smeargle is a good starter. In what ways can I improve this deck still? I really like the way it runs now, but I'm open to more ideas. I honestly don't see a way Jumpluff can ever beat a good Reshiram deck, but I'm still hopeful.

Well for starters i would run metapod. the reason why is because jumpluff only have 90 hp and the fire decks that your are talking about can easily do more 90 damage by the times you get jumpluff out. Personally I dont see why you are running 4 PONTS if anything I would run 2 and add in 2 judges since you have Noctowl for draw power

I already run Metapod. >_> And as for the 4 PONTs, I like it for consistency. Judge is okay, but if I draw it during set-up it really doesn't help at all, whereas PONT does.

i meant to put that you should run meatpod jumpluff gets koed to easliy even witout weakness

EDIT: Should not spell check didn't save me this time.

Tiftonhotchild said:
i meant to put that you should run meatpod jumpluff gets koed to easliy even witout weakness

He should or shouldn't?

I don't think Metapod is needed. Reshiram will already OHKO you, with or without Metapod.

That actually makes sense...What do you suggest I run instead?

Edit: I understood what he meant, and I agree. I'm going to build ReshiBoar in addition to this deck to playtest against, should help a bit. Especially if it becomes a meta deck.

Edit2: Would 2 Rescue Energy be a good addition?

[-1/1 Metapod]
I agree on taking out Metapod, you'll get knocked out regardless if you're facing Fire. Your deck needs a starter. You should try Smeargle or Stantler. Smeargle is a bit risky cause you might Portrait something bad, but you could get get plenty of good stuff and get a crucial step ahead. Stantler is a lot safer and you run a high number like 4, in addition to Collector you have 8 cards dedicated to consistency.

[-1 Professor Elm's Training Method, +1 Pokemon Communication]
Not a lot of worries from Trainer lock in this format, so why not.

[-2 Pokegear]
I'm not sure how effective they are, but you can substitute these for some Rescue Energy or more offensive cards like Circulator/Reversal, or even Black Belt.

^The only problem I see with Stantler is I only run 6 energy, and I want to save those for Jumpluff. I still don't know what to take out for Smeargle. Maybe Metapod for 2x Smeargle? But then I'd need two more spots. Pokegear makes a bad hand manageable and if it's good then I can thin out my deck or use it as Junk Arm discard fodder, so it stays. I think I will take out an Elm's for a Communication.

I'm a little confused as to why you run Lost Remover. I would definitely do:

- 1 Lost Remover

+ 1 Rescue Energy

Unless there is a critical reason to run it, there isn't much help in running it. Jumpluff is often KO'd anyway, so it would be better to run a Rescue.

Yoshidude: I guess I left it in there from when I was still running Poke Drawer and this was MD-on, at 1 you're right, it doesn't really help. I think I might take out The 1-1 Metapod and the Lost Remover for 3x Smeargle, but I still need a fourth.

mrwillster: Not really, it costs two energy and takes up too much space in this deck. I'd rather run it in a deck dedicated to just cincinno.

Some thing you also can run is pichu. Now before you are all opposed to the idea here me out. With playground you both can fill up your bench. Either two things will happen either when they see hopip they decided not to get any pokemon or not fill up there bench or they do. Regarless you shouldn't have any problem getting out jumpluff the next turn.

I highly suggest the use of Sunflora HS over Noctowl. Its still the same net gain of 1 card per turn, but the ability to search specifically for your Jumpluff Line, and fill your bench with Basic Grass types.

I'd also consider using 2+ Proffessor Juniper. It's consistent draw power and hand refresh, which is nothing to be sneezed at. Perhaps lowering your count of Research Records? Speaking of which, is there any particular reason you are running Researd Records over Pokedex BW (which is, unless I am mistaken, a Research Records that lets you scout and Rearrange 5 cards, rather than 4)

Hope this helps.

I decided not to run any rescue energy; once I have the first Jumpluff out it is pretty easy to get another one out, or stall with Leaf Guard against any deck that isn't Reshiram (Although I have a good chance of setting up before they do since I only need one energy to attack). I'm not a fan of Pichu because I'm terrible with coin flips. It's just my luck that I would wake up before their turn or I would stay asleep for my turn. Smeargle is working out great, so I'm going to keep him in.

Edit: I tested Sunflora, and I just didn't need to search for grass Pokemon that often. I have enough search already, and I'd rather have some non-supporter draw power. I also tested Juniper, but I strongly dislike discarding my hand for any reason, so I found it to be a dead draw most of the time. I like PONT better. As for Research Record, it's better than Pokedex because it lets you put them on the top or bottom in any order you want. It also combos very nicely with Noctowl and Rotom/Lithograph. So if I see that I would be drawing into, let's say, 3 Smeargles and a Rare Candy, but I already have Smeargle active and 2 Rare Candies in my hand, I can put them all on the bottom, whereas with Pokedex I would still have to draw into them.

Bump, deck works much better against ReshiBoar now, and shuts a lot of other decks down with a combination of Judge and Vileplume.

I dont know, it might just be me but I would run a serperior line instead of Vileplume, of course I do see why trainer lock might be awesome in the next format

I'm a little new to pokemon tcg, or should I say the craps changed a lot from my days of charizard kicks your venusaurs butt loser (done in spanish class), but why would you use copycat over juniper, I run a similar deck minus smeargles (always hit crap for me), and chose junipers over copycats for the hand reset since I often run low and don't mind what I lose, theres other changes as well like less energy and such but its similar and I'm just curious why you picked some of the stuff you did, I feel sort of lost at times and would love some of that knowledge instead of just winging it lol. I even signed up for this website just to ask :-X.

^Well, with Copycat, you can draw a hand that might be larger than 7- and honestly, if you're against good competition, it's likely to be up there- without discarding cards you might need later in your hand. Say it's the beginning of the game and you have 2, or even 1, Jumpluff in your hand... you really don't want to discard it/them, so Copycat would be superior in that case. Of course, Juniper can be better in some situations, but it's all a matter of preference.

Back