Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
To celebrate the launch of Brilliant Stars, GAME stores in the UK will be giving away a jumbo Charizard VSTAR promo! The card is textured and has a special Brilliant Stars stamp.
Fans can receive it when spending £15 or more on Pokemon TCG products online or in stores. The offer will be available until March 4th, or until supplies last.

Charizard-VSTAR-143x200.jpg

Jumbo-Charizard-VSTAR-150x200.jpg

Charizard-VSTAR-Jumbo-Texture-150x200.jpg

Charizard-VSTAR-Jumbo-Texture-2-150x200.jpg

Charizard-VSTAR-Jumbo-Back-150x200.jpg

Game Mania stores in Belgium and the Netherlands are also giving out a reverse holo version of Mewtwo from the set with a Brilliant Stars stamp.
The offer...

Continue reading...

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
OH MY GOSH GUYS IT'S LE EPIC FIRE LIZARD ON A CHONKER CHUNGUS HUMONGOUS CARD!!!!!!! UPVOTE IF YOU LOVE THE EBIC FIRE DRAGON!!!!!! I AM LOSING MY MARBLES AT THE SUPER COOL CHARIZARD JUMBO CARD!!!!! I SIMPLY CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF THIS POKEMON, HE NEEDS MORE CARDS!!

Attachments

• 699.png
    699.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 2

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
not that it's new, but the boringness and uselessness of that Mewtwo is saddening. I know not every card has to be good but come on...Mewtwo is an icon
there's a lot of good Pokemon they insist on continuously printing bad cards for. flygon, garchomp, cinderace, mewtwo, manectric, luxray...some have never had a single anove average card. most mega pokemon cards were total @$$ even for their time. yet charizard consistently does 250+ damage...gotta love the brilliant minds behind this tcg : |

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
ZestyGan, all the Pokemon you mentioned except Cinderace have received at least 2 top-tier prints in the previous generations of Pokemon. If you have any interest in printing some proxies and messing around with older formats, I can share some links of articles about those formats and point you to decks featuring those Pokemon. But I'm guessing that's not what you're interested in.
There actually haven't been any super viable Charizards other than the Tag Team Charizards, unless I am very much mistaken. And the holo rare Charizard from Expedition, if you include the e-card format. People messed around with Charizard VMAX and Leon's Charizard for a while, but they didn't last very long. JustInBasil rates Charizard VSTARs competitive potential as low. Sharks are has historically had high numbers and low win rates, either because it was too energy intensive, or because it was a stage 2, or both.
Some Pokemon that have been receiving high numbers of playable cards since the Pokemon you mentioned largely fell out of favor include, but are not limited to, Decidueye, Inteleon, Whimsicott, Garbodor, Dusknoir (which almost never got a bad card even before), and assorted legendaries.
I'm guessing none of this is encouraging, however. A reminder that we may be getting a Mewtwo VSTAR in the Pokemon GO set. JustInBasil says that Garchomp BRS has a higher competitive potential than Charizard VSTAR. M Manectric EX still makes appearances on Expanded format deck lists. And I'm still waiting for someone to mention Luxray BRS after N's Rhyperior made the surprising prediction that it might actually be playable.
I can understand the feeling, however. Watching the same Frosmoth get reprinted over and over again was frustrating, as is the noticeable lack of Charmanders since we got that blister promo. (The second point moreso.)

Last edited:

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
there's a lot of good Pokemon they insist on continuously printing bad cards for. flygon, garchomp, cinderace, mewtwo, manectric, luxray...some have never had a single anove average card. most mega pokemon cards were total @$$ even for their time. yet charizard consistently does 250+ damage...gotta love the brilliant minds behind this tcg : |
Much like Magic, not the first (or last) time R&D didn't actually do...R&D lol

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I'm gonna have to take my receipt into the local GAME then the next time I'm in town, cause I brought 4 Brilliant Stars packs from the store in the next town over (as did my nephew) and neither of us got this promo card.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I'm gonna have to take my receipt into the local GAME then the next time I'm in town, cause I brought 4 Brilliant Stars packs from the store in the next town over (as did my nephew) and neither of us got this promo card.
You're suppose to buy, not bring Brilliant Stars Packs.

leetic

Aspiring Trainer
As someone familiar with the DP era, saying there has never been a good Luxray, Garchomp, or Flygon is laughable

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
We DID buy packs XD we got 4 each between us (And no, didn't get anything good, best I got was Octillery CR and holo Prof Research
I understand your pain. I have been collecting pokemon card since Generation I and I am pissed off what Wizards did to the TCG. I was robbed of the holos, especially the Team Rocket booster. I pulled non-holo Dark Charizard and Dark Vileplume which the latter irritated me the most since I loved that Dark Vileplume artwork. Plus we all know that Wizards intentionally gave it a Fighting Type weakness (and they never corrected it hence intentional) which makes all the more useless to my collection. I wished Nintendo never made a deal with them, they abused the TCG.