• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

JSM (Jirachi, Shaymin, Mewtwo)

rileysill32

Aspiring Trainer
4 Mewtwo Ex
4 Jirachi (COL)
2 Shaymin
1 Smeargle

4 Juniper
4 Engineer
4 Sage
3 Seeker
3 Collector

3 SSU
3 Catcher
4 Junk Arm
2 Skyarrow
4 Dual Ball
1 Super Rod

10 {P}
4 {C}{C}

Basic Idea is to discard energies as fast as possible, then play jirachi as much as possible to get energies out and attach to jirachi.
Then Shaymin the energy to your battalion of Mewtwo.

Makes for an easy and consistent T1 120damage.

Play test against Tier decks:
12-3 CMT
9-6 Durant (having good dice rolls is CRUCIAL against a durant deck)
14-1 Zekeel
14-1 Terrakion
12-3 (some weird vileplume & cobalion deck)

The deck is a well oiled machine. What else should i test it against?

Edit;

I ALSO WANT TO ADVISE EVERYONE TO TEST THIS DECK!

This is the deck I wanted to run but didn't have the Mewtwos. I'd do -1 to 2 Mewtwo (the 4th is redundant) for 2 Regigigas. I do think 3 Collector and 4 Dual Ball is a bit much. I'd take out the Collectors or at least use a split.

Mora said:
This is the deck I wanted to run but didn't have the Mewtwos. I'd do -1 to 2 Mewtwo (the 4th is redundant) for 2 Regigigas. I do think 3 Collector and 4 Dual Ball is a bit much. I'd take out the Collectors or at least use a split.

I have 4 Mewtwos for consistency man.
Regigigas takes away from my chances of starting Mewtwo.
Though my deck has insane energy acceleration, regigigas is too much catcher bait.

Here. Try
-4 engineer (really isn't a great supporter)
-2 sage's (think 2 is enough. Other supporters r needed)
-1-2 seeker (I think 3 ssu and 1-2 seeker is enough since seeker takes up your supporter for the turn)
-3 collector (4 dual ball is enough)
-1 mewtwo (4 is way too many)

+4 N (good hand refresher and disrupter)
+2 switch (when you need to switch)
+1 catcher (important)
+2 tornadus? (so you can also use it as an energy accelerator if you can't use Jirachi/Shaymin)
+2 plus power (pretty good against other mewtwos)

Sorry if I missed some things but I've never seen this deck before. Think it might do great!

Jirachi said:
Here. Try
-4 engineer (really isn't a great supporter)
-2 sage's (think 2 is enough. Other supporters r needed)
-1-2 seeker (I think 3 ssu and 1-2 seeker is enough since seeker takes up your supporter for the turn)
-3 collector (4 dual ball is enough)
-1 mewtwo (4 is way too many)

+4 N (good hand refresher and disrupter)
+2 switch (when you need to switch)
+1 catcher (important)
+2 tornadus? (so you can also use it as an energy accelerator if you can't use Jirachi/Shaymin)
+2 plus power (pretty good against other mewtwos)

Sorry if I missed some things but I've never seen this deck before. Think it might do great!

the deck NEEDS to discard energies, that's why there is so many discarding supports.
it is set up differently. The top list isn't my exact, I didn't feel like walking downstairs to put my exact 60 list up. I do have 1-2 N, in my deck for disruption

id change the pokemon to 3-3 shaymin jirachi. i use tornadus, because it is a very quick attacker and sometimes is better than mew2. Everything else is pretty solid. N or ponts may help. Id add 3 or 4 plus power

RogueChomp said:
id change the pokemon to 3-3 shaymin jirachi. i use tornadus, because it is a very quick attacker and sometimes is better than mew2. Everything else is pretty solid. N or ponts may help. Id add 3 or 4 plus power

what would you do for space for all that?

RogueChomp said:
u also need at least 2 pokegear.

i ran pokegear before in this deck and it failed lol..

trust me the only reason i posted this was to figure out if somebody had a wacko idea that actually worked.

this deck has been modified and play tested hundreds of times. all the commonly used cards have been tried in a variant and this is what works best from what ive seen.
just wanted random ideas that i wouldnt have already thought of.

rileysill32 said:
I have 4 Mewtwos for consistency man.
Regigigas takes away from my chances of starting Mewtwo.
Though my deck has insane energy acceleration, regigigas is too much catcher bait.

The only thing that can OHKO Regigigas is Terrakion (Mewtwo sure but at a cost of resources and you could easily get the revenge KO.) If you met Terrakion, I wouldn't bother playing down Regi if you ran it. But diversity is always good in a deck. You don't run 8 Mewtwo's in a deck because A. you can't and B. Running 2 different attackers helps you navigate matchups better. In retrospect, I feel a little dumb for suggesting -2 Mewtwo. I think I was trying to make room solely in the Pokemon department. I do believe you need a secondary attacker. Whether it's Tornadus or Regigigas. With Tornadus, it starts to look like CMT (which isn't a bad thing, I just didn't want to suggest for the thousandth time to run something from the meta). Regigigas, though, seems to have a pleasant intimidation about him. Everyone seems afraid to attack him unless they can OHKO him, i.e. Terrakion or the rare Tripple Plus Powered Strong Volt. Plus he can KO Basics about as easily as Mewtwo. Mewtwo hits 40 easier with a DCE, but Regigigas gets a base of 60 (+20) with 3, which is what Mewtwo would get for the same investment. Regigigas has the advantage of being able to hit 80 for 3, which is a Plus Power away from an Eel. Also, 80 can 2HKO all of the non EX Basics your opponent might start out with. That being said, who cares if it takes away from your chances of starting Mewtwo when it adds to your chances of starting with an attacker that can do the job quite well.

Mora said:
The only thing that can OHKO Regigigas is Terrakion (Mewtwo sure but at a cost of resources and you could easily get the revenge KO.) If you met Terrakion, I wouldn't bother playing down Regi if you ran it. But diversity is always good in a deck. You don't run 8 Mewtwo's in a deck because A. you can't and B. Running 2 different attackers helps you navigate matchups better. In retrospect, I feel a little dumb for suggesting -2 Mewtwo. I think I was trying to make room solely in the Pokemon department. I do believe you need a secondary attacker. Whether it's Tornadus or Regigigas. With Tornadus, it starts to look like CMT (which isn't a bad thing, I just didn't want to suggest for the thousandth time to run something from the meta). Regigigas, though, seems to have a pleasant intimidation about him. Everyone seems afraid to attack him unless they can OHKO him, i.e. Terrakion or the rare Tripple Plus Powered Strong Volt. Plus he can KO Basics about as easily as Mewtwo. Mewtwo hits 40 easier with a DCE, but Regigigas gets a base of 60 (+20) with 3, which is what Mewtwo would get for the same investment. Regigigas has the advantage of being able to hit 80 for 3, which is a Plus Power away from an Eel. Also, 80 can 2HKO all of the non EX Basics your opponent might start out with. That being said, who cares if it takes away from your chances of starting Mewtwo when it adds to your chances of starting with an attacker that can do the job quite well.

for 3 energies mewtwo can do 120.
i'm running psychic energies in this deck for a reason :p
i totally understand your POV. i may test a regigigas in this deck tonight.
thank you.

rileysill32 said:
the deck NEEDS to discard energies, that's why there is so many discarding supports.
it is set up differently. The top list isn't my exact, I didn't feel like walking downstairs to put my exact 60 list up. I do have 1-2 N, in my deck for disruption

2 sage's, 4 juniper, and 4 junk arm are usually enough. Engineer's just not that great of a supporter.

Jirachi said:
2 sage's, 4 juniper, and 4 junk arm are usually enough. Engineer's just not that great of a supporter.

idk man. ill try it. but idk. sometimes i have difficulties discarding a good amount of energy the way my deck is set up now.

yeah maybe it would be an okay tech.
really this deck works consistently T1 either Xball or psydrive.
I yet to find a use for any other attackers tbh.

It's still kinda hard to fully setup mewtwo T1 in any deck. Since Jirachi and shaymin are both be accelerators on the bench, you could start with tornadus and basically fully setup mewtwo by T2?

Jirachi said:
It's still kinda hard to fully setup mewtwo T1 in any deck. Since Jirachi and shaymin are both be accelerators on the bench, you could start with tornadus and basically fully setup mewtwo by T2?

yes, i mean there is always variables.
i just like to aim for mewtwo T1. thats the objective.
if all fails T2 is almost always there.

rileysill32 said:
for 3 energies mewtwo can do 120.
i'm running psychic energies in this deck for a reason :p
i totally understand your POV. i may test a regigigas in this deck tonight.
thank you.

Yes of course. You're the only person who actually uses Mewtwo with {P}. Congrats! :) Still, Regigigas can do 60+ for {C}{C}{C} if you only get one heads, but

Back