Can anybody hear me yeah, I guess I keep talking to myself
Feels like I'm going insane, am I the one who's crazy

So why in the world do I feel so alone
Nobody but me, I'm on my own
Is there anyone out there, who feels the way I feel
That there is and let me know so I know that I'm not the only one
-Eminem

But seriously it does feel like I'm talkin to myself on this thread :p

I joined here to learn more about competitive pokemon play.
I didn't know much about it beforehand and I really do think I've learned quite a bit.
Like all the roles in a team like rapid spinner, sweeper etc.
I don't post much because I am still learning and I do actually read a lot of these pokemon topics but don't post cuz I'll probs embarrass myself aha.
Once I get a firm hold on all this stuff I'll post more on the pokemon side of things

And no matter what forum I join I always bring GFXing with me so I guess that's what you mean that I'm only here for GFX

Yep. Well glad you are here. You just brought a whole new signature design here. Yours are really interesting and really good. :)

haha I know I give off the impression I am only here for GFX but I'm not :p

And well I'm glad that I can help people see new perspectives in GFX work. As I say there is nothing better for in GFXing than to see new GFXers rise up to the top with my guidance. I've seen this from a few people and makes me say wow after seeing how fast they progress. There are a few here but I wouldn't say it's because of myself but I still say wow aha.

Remember if you want to learn some of my techniques check my tutorials thread. Also you can 'request a tutorial' meaning you can request me to make a tutorial of a tag that I made.

Thank you heaps for your comment though. Makes me feel good aha

The black text on the Chillarmy one needs working. The rest of the banner is fine other than a couple of niggles. The text is rather too small and could easily not be there. So if you we're to make it larger, then everyone could see a little better. But as it's black, it really blares out from signature, so you'd need a slightly different colour, like a dark grey or dark blue.

The other problem is that Chillarmy doesn't suit the background. It's a forest, if I'm correct and the colours are too bright to show much anyway. Those dots of colour could go too. But that one's mainly my opinion, so it doesn't matter.

Well tbh I would of preferred to not have text at all but it was requested. And if it is large text it would be too distracting and drag attention away from the focal. However I do agree on the colouring which I will fix.

And yeah it's a forest but I changed the colours to make it look like it's the late afternoon when the sun is setting. And I thought that you can catch Chillarmy's in the forest that's why I chose a forest background :p

And yeah those 'dots' are called Bokeh and kinda my thing at the moment haha. I go through constant change of styles aha

Wow, your banners and sigs are really good. Seems like you change your style often :p
But yeah I really like them, and there isn't much criticism I could give you....

Well staying the same style is boring haha.
And yeah people get to accustom to styles too quick and see nothing in them so yeah variety is the key too my work. Changing styles but using techniques learned from previous styles to get better :p

Thanks a lot for your comment!

Thanks heaps mate!
Right now lost for inspiration lmao. In a contest and need a cool movie/tv stock. Any ideas :S

my logo??? as in the text. Kinda just added it for the hell of it :p

And these are old-ish ones so not my best.

And not so sure about the smudge suggestion with the sharpen. I don't like the appearance of it so I rather go with what my gut says.

So yeah thanks for the comment :p

Well regarding what you said about the text in the ones where you say look. I actually don't think they look good. The second one is alright but the first one is bleh IMO. The red really puts it off.

And with the sharpening in the first one tbh it's over sharpened. The other ones look alright but some look too messy and random.

Appreciate the help. I'll try use the tips in future works mainly my text (which I try to avoid using)

Now my most recent and I'd say my best one. I worked really hard on the atmosphere and composition. I feel that I accepted decent depth and flow. I think my lighting is almost right on the money as well. The first time where I actually do feel as if I have all the boxes ticked. Even my text I feel is decent. Not one to up myself but I feel I can on this one XP
Stalker.png

Yes I hate text because I actually do think it's useless haha.
And wow that second tag is awesome. Easily the best I've seen on this site.

And yeah I've got topaz but don't really use it. Only for some minor smoothing when I feel I need it.
I am always trying my best to help out the newer GFXers so I do hope to bring it back to the golden days XD.

Well all I can say is goodluck, you seem really motivated to improving your own work and the art community of the site^^

Back