Joining a Pokémon League and PTCGO

Kis

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone! I'm new here, and I have a question.

I just started playing the trading card game a few weeks ago, and I'm getting ready to join a league next week. I was told that upon joining the league, I will get an ID and be able to play online and earn points. I am interested in creating a ptcgo account and playing the game online against others today. If I do this, will I still be able to link my league trainer account and receive points when I sign up next week?

RE: Question about joining a league and playing the game online

No. P!P I.D.s are not linked to TCGO accounts.

So, what game is it that I play online to earn points with my trainer ID?

None of them. You earn points on your score card by battling people in person at league.

Okay, the person who got me into the cards and brought me to a league event said something to do with earning points and having an account online. I must have misunderstood her. She told me that she can go online and view her trainer profile and points online. I thought it was connected to the online game.

You can keep track of your points online, but you still earn those points in person at your league and various events. This is entirely separate from PTCGO, though.

PTCGO is separate from real events, and you can do those separately. At league, you earn play points, which let you attend large events like nationals, but at other events, you can earn Championship Points, which let you see your ranking compared to others.

Back