JJ and Blue's Fakemon Collection: Murto Region (NEW FAKEMON ADDED!!!)

jjx8672

Aspiring Trainer
You are working with the famous Dr. Gemston in his search for new species of fossil pokemon in the Grandpa Valley in Kanto when you come across something spectacular with your chisel. You carefully dust off the basketball sized hunk of rock and marvel at the impressions before running off across towards the Dr.'s tent screaming in excitement the whole time. However, in your excitement, you fail to notice a small fissure in the ground opening up and fall in. A rescue team notifies that they will get you out soon but you refuse to be taken out once you see it. A light, and a warm feeling of air. Dr. Gemston joins you shortly along with a small team of people and you head towards the light at the end of the tunnel. You check your depth counters and they state that you are now more than 1000 feet below the surface and getting deeper. "That must have been some fall" you say aloud to yourself. As you approach the exit, something beautiful approaches. A Pokemon, but one that you have never seen before. It's small green body is littered with the same color scales and it adorns leave shaped frills on its head. The quadrepedal creature spots you and curiously walks your way. The thing seems to be just a bit bigger than a Grotle but it is obvious that it's an inphant. It cries out "Fer...Fernops." and you turn to the Dr. who has tears in his eyes. You look up and see a marvelous new world, discovering a haven for prehistoric species underneath Kanto with new Pokemon waiting to be discovered. Aerodactyl fly about in the makeshift sky complete with clouds and an Armaldo grazes a few meters away from you. Murto....

Hello all, for those of you who did not understand the above dialog, the strange primordial world of Murto has just been discovered located beneith the feet of the residents of the Kanto region. Prehistoric pokemon of every shape and size live here unknown to the surface dwellers in the massive underground network of super caverns and a mysterious power-source. There is night and day, seasons and even natural disasters. 50 Years later and humans have developed it to their advantage springing up in massive cities and tiny towns all around the region. Your starting town, Gemston town was founded by Dr. Gemston and his researchers and now is the home of his grandson who owns the pokemon lab and starts new trainers on their way into the new region.

Note - This project was started a few years ago under the code name Project Pokemon and so it is the combined collaboration of many artists whose works I now own through purchases. These are in no way stolen or altered from original works. Please enjoy.

Possible Starters: Pyrex, Sproutego and Mosplash
-Sproutego has been replaced by Fernops as a starter of this region and Mosplash is undergoing some cosmetic changes.

Mosplash's Original Design~ Mosite
-Based on a Mosasaur, an ancient marine reptile. This design was
scrapped due to its realistic appearance and not Sugimori-like.

Psuedo Legend Wayvern
-Originally this was a redesign of Mosplash however my love for both the designs caused the typing to shift. This Fakemon Wayvern is a Water-Dragon Type and will have two more evolutions. Its name is derived from Wyvern.

Original Starters
-The top one is another rendition of Pyrex which can be seen in the first image. It was created due to fans stating that the other Pyrex was too Charmander-like. I will let you guys decide which is better.
-In the middle is Fernops which was meant to be a catchable but made its way to eventually replace Sproutego as a starter. It's evolutions Ceraphyl and Thrizonops debued shortly after.
-On the bottom lies one of the strangest of the Mosplash redesigns. Yes, that is Mosplash Version 5 I think. It turned out looking more like an Ankylosaur and so will most likely become a two-stage catchable. It currently has no name or evolutions.

Fernops and Evos
-Fernops can be seen in between its two evolutions Ceraphyl and Thrizonops. Upon evolution, Fernop's frill changes its shape becoming more lettuce-like in its middle evolution and finally into palm leaves in Thrizonops.

Pyrex and Evos
These two evolutions of an earlier version of Pyrex were scrapped due to their similar characteristics. Their names were Furapter and Tyruption. Their designs are still under way but this Furapter may make a comback in its future design.

Pyrex Colored
-A colored version of the Pyrex seen above.

Mosplash without Crest
-As the title implies, I ordered a drawing of Mosplash to be created without its crests which can be seen in the first image. I am unsure of which I like better at the moment.

Pyrex V2 and Evos
-This was a second attempt at Pyrex and its evolutions Furapter and Tyruption. Furapter was scrapped but Tyruption remains as a base to future designs. It sports active volcanoes on its shoulders and the black armor is coal which can be set on fire at will.

Nawmite
-Designed by myself, this is the bug of our region based off of a simple silk worm/caterpillar. I am unsure if the W in the name is necessary. There is not much data compiled on this specific Fakemon however its bite is incredibly painful.

Night Moth Fake
-An evolution of Nawmite which can only be obtained at night. However, the direct methods are unknown for evolution to occur. It has a hallucinagine on its powdered wings which it scatters on its enemies when it needs to escape. Nawmite has another evolution which will be displayed soon including its cocoon stage Borimori.

Fritifli
-The morning evolution of Nawmite. Its spores cause uncontrollable laughter.

Spectreel
-Designed by myself. Spectreel's name is derived from the words Specter and Eel but in irony, I find myself unable to decide if it should remain a Ghost-Water Type or if I should convert it into an Electric-Water Type. Its mouth is capable of swallowing things up to 3 times larger than its head and it lives in total darkness in crushing undersea depths.

Nimbark
-The evolution of Eskie and the prevolution of Lycanice. This is Nimbark an Ice Type dog Fakemon. It is based on huskies and wolves and has been a favorite among my fans despite not being fully designed yet. Its frozen fur is actually quite warm and light allowing its to run at astonishing speeds.

Lycanice
-The evolution of Nimbark. It is a direct relative and rival of Arcanine. It is an Ice-Dark Type. It can be seen fighting Arcanine here.

Grubble
-An Electric-Ground Type. This Fakemon digs backwards with its spoon-like tail. The yellow segments house special organs that generate electricity. It is attracted to precious metals and Iron which make it popular among miners. It evolves into Gravurm via Thunder Stone.

Gravurm-1
Gravurm-2
-Gravurm is a unique Pokemon given that its body has metal armor despite it not being a steel type. It can also generate a strange type of energy with the organs in its body that reduces and can even reverse gravity. When charging up, it makes a whirrrring noise and can often be seen fighting Onix in the underground Murto Region.

Yinsitt and Yanglum-Lineart
Yinsitt or Yanglum-Colored
-Yinsit and Yanglum: These are my Yin-Yang Legendaries for the over-world region of Poke'World.
They are derived obviously from the Yin-Yang Symbol as well as the Greek theater Tragedy and Comedy masks.
The original ideas are mine including the first drawing.

Yinsit
-Yinsit embodies positive energies like Hope, Love and Good Luck. It is incredibly playful and is the most well known of the two "Serenity Twins". It is said that Arceus witnessed the fighting among its previous creations and so created a positive spirit to influence good nature and well being. Yinsit often appears to children. Grasping the tail can release harmful Negitive energy that it collects. Even though it has wings, it never uses them. Instead, it flies using telekinesis. Both Yinsit and Yanglum are closely related to Mew.

Yanglum
-Yanglum embodies negitive emotions such as Sadness, Despair and Hatred. As a result, this pokemon shies away from others for it fears it may cause untold destruction. When Arceus noticed that the goodness that was Yansit unbalanced the universe, it created Yanglum. Yanglum often appears before catastrophes, natural disasters, and deaths. Many people have turned to fear this Pokemon, however, its tail is told to have a power that, when pulled, can create vast amounts of Positive energy. Yanglum is one of the two Serenity Twins. It is closely related to Mew.

Rinodil
-This was originally an entry for a fakemon contest but I decided to keep it. It is a pure Ground type. That is about as much information as I have on it.

Fakemon Collection 1
-Just a random group of fakemon that may or may not make the cut. Bellish and Sireen or officials. You can also see an early design of Nawmite and Borimori. Polinada and Duspore are also official. They will be separated soon. Fritifli can be seen as well, the morning evolution of Nawmite.

Unnamed Mole Fake
-Unsure if this fake will make the cut.

Bellish
-Bellish is one of the first Fakemon I designed being related to Tenticool and the like. It lures its opponents in with its lulling voice before poisoning them with its stingers. It has one evolution, Sireen. It will be uploaded soon.

Pungool
-A Ghost-Fighting Type Fakemon whose name is derived from the words Punch and Ghoul.

It is said to be the spirit of a fighter converted to a Fakemon. It only comes out at night. It has the unusual ability to control its shadow which can solidify and fight on its own and can turn semi-transparent.

This is actually its third design but the first few looked too much like Darkrai.

Note to Viewers; I am sure most of you would like to post, such and such is my fav or so and so is soooooo cute. But please, try to critique my works. I have posted here to gain feedback on the community so our future fakemon will continue to turn out right and make everyone happy. thank you and happy critiquing. More designs to come.

RE: JJ and Blue's Fakemon Collection: Murto Region

This totally isn't an Acanthite ripoff...
Acanthite region: Merto
This whatchamathing: Murto
LOL, but hey! These are really good!

~SS

Shiny Shinx said:
This totally isn't an Acanthite ripoff...
Acanthite region: Merto
This whatchamathing: Murto
LOL, but hey! These are really good!

~SS

I Thought JJ came up with that name.... I never heard it before. Anyways, I will PM him and see if he is willing to change it. He is supposed to be posting my Fakemon sometime soon.
EDIT: After discussing it further, I stand by JJ on the name and that is not, by any means, meant to be a ripoff from the Acanthite project.

I like the starters a lot, but I can't help but feel that their eyes are too similar. Perhaps some smaller changes work make a big difference?

Overall, though, I like what I see. The majority actually look like Pokémon, so that's a huge plus. I'd love to see more.

CMP said:
I like the starters a lot, but I can't help but feel that their eyes are too similar. Perhaps some smaller changes work make a big difference?

Overall, though, I like what I see. The majority actually look like Pokémon, so that's a huge plus. I'd love to see more.

Don't worry, plenty more to come!

So most of these fakemon have been done by other people? I see you guys have given credit to people in your flickr page but I think it would be a good idea to add the artists name alongside the description on the first post just so we know who actually did the art.

LostVoice said:
So most of these fakemon have been done by other people? I see you guys have given credit to people in your flickr page but I think it would be a good idea to add the artists name alongside the description on the first post just so we know who actually did the art.

I agree, and that will have to be up to JJ, those were his posts, unfortunately none of mine have been posted yet because he is going to redraw/recolor them for me so that they look more professional instead of looking like the pictures were taken by a DSi (which they were)... hope to have my additions added to the mix soon. Bare with us as this thread is a work in progress. Thanks!

The Yinsit and Yanglum concept is pretty much Zekrom/Reshiram, I think. These were probably made before those were revealed, right?

~SS

yes, the Serenity Duo were made before the 5th gen even came out on Corocoro.
And to those of you with acanthite, I am well aware that our names coincide however I made my name before finding the acanthite page. even so, acanthite probably had the name before me. My region's name is derived from the spanish word muerto meaning the dead so I thought it fit perfectly for a prehistoric region.
More fakemon soon to come once I can get them scanned.

Sorry with the delay, but finally, here are more!
Swaphonian
Swaphonian, the Woodwind Fakemon
Type: Grass/Flying
Swaphonian have an amazing ability to produce the most beautiful alto sound ever heard. The bottom of their bills are actually made of a substance similar to wood and can regenerate in seconds. It has two signature attacks: Reed Spear, and Orchestra Seed.

-ReedSpear
Type: Grass (Physical) 75 damage
The user shoots little chips of wood at its opponent to inflict damage.
-SeedOrchestra
Type: Grass (Physical) 80 damage
The user drops seeds on the opponent that explode with the sound of music.

Un-named grass/rock type crocodile/alligator
Type: Grass/Rock
Ability: SplinteredCells

-SplinteredCells
When hit by a physical attack, there is a 50% chance of the attacker receiving damage. (Similar to RoughSkin but less accurate) Since the fakemon is made of wood it seemed appropriate.

Evolved form of Grass/Rock type

Final Evolved form of Grass/Rock type

Immornado
Type: Ground/Flying

Un-named Fire Ant
Type: Fire/Bug
Evolves into Cauldroon

Cauldroon
Type: Fire/Bug
Cauldroon will wedge themselves between two rocks and wait for its prey to cross the path below it. They then dump molten lava on the prey and wait for it to harden. They will then eat the soft rock, filled with nutrients from the victims body. Uneaten rocks formed by these means are often eaten by hikers who have become lost in the forests where Cauldroon live.

* Entered in Safariblade's Fakemon Contest Round 1. Tied for 4th.

Note:All fakemon that I personally post are created by myself unless stated otherwise. :)

Alright, here are some more:
Exovolan
Exovolan
Type: Fire/Flying
Exovolan, when first discovered, were thought to be Water/Flying types. They could only swim, fly, and blow steam therefore were considered weak, and useless and further research was cancelled for fear of making the same mistake as the researchers before them had with Magikarp. It wasn't until they were seen attacking above water that their research was continued because as it turns out, they are Fire types and what was thought to be steam was actually it trying to use Flamethrower underwater.

*Entered in GDI Smeargle Fakemon Contest Round 2.

Prehistoric Bird
Type: Rock/Flying

Male Frigate Bird Pre-Evolution
Female Frigate Bird Pre-Evolution
Type: Normal/Flying

Male Frigate Bird
Female Frigate Bird
Type: Dark/Flying

Also, shiny versions of all of these should be posted tomorrow!
Enjoy!

Note: Like JJ said, I would really like constructive criticism on my designs and also if you can think of a name for any fakemon I posted that is un-named, please dont hesitate to post, as I would love any suggestions! :)

Ooops, forgot one, which is weird because its one of my favorites, here it is:
Toxikraken
Shiny Toxikraken

Toxikraken
The Giant Squid Fakemon
Type:Electric/Poison
It is spoken of in legends told by the families of pirates long gone. It is very aggressive and shouldn't be taken lightly. It uses it two yellow tentacles to stun its prey with electricity then wraps it up in its purple tentacles whose suction cups are laced with a potent toxin to finish it off. It is said that if you see the yellow of its eyes, it's too late. Toxikraken's body glows a faint yellow when it goes into underwater trenches so it can see into the abyss.

*Entered in GDI Smeargle Fakemon Contest Round 1 and tied for Second.

That Toxikraken is awesome. Great name, and the colors are fantastic also. Well done!

CMP said:
That Toxikraken is awesome. Great name, and the colors are fantastic also. Well done!

Wow, Thanks! That means a lot to me, Thank You!
Toxikraken's beta name was actually Toxinaut from Toxin and nautel.... something (Scientific classification of squid), anyways, I was going through Wikipedia and found a page on krakens and felt stupid for not thinking of it first. Hence, Toxikraken was born.
Once again, Thank you!

Alright, one more, at the moment: :)
Camoweed
Shiny Camoweed
Type: Grass/Dragon
The Sea Dragon Fakemon
Name derived from: Camouflage and seaweed
Once thought to be diseased Horsea, Seadra, and Kingdra, they were feared by the public and blamed for spreading illness to their pokemon. Because of this, they were hunted down until they disappeared. They were thought to be extinct until they were rediscovered years afterwards and are now honored as treasured creatures, so much that they are considered legendary. Being able to catch one is considered the mark of a skilled trainer in certain regions.

*Entered in Safariblade's Fakemon Contest Round 2
Enjoy! :p

Alright, as Pokemon evolve, so do my Fakemon's designs. As such, here is a redesign of Swaphonian: Re-design of Swaphonian

Also, here are a few minor improvements to the Grass/Rock type Final Evolution:
Grass/Rock Final Evolution Update
^ Shiny Form

Swaphonian's design change was needed and you'll soon find out why... :)
Also, some more redesigns are coming soon along with entirely new fakemon, you just have to stay tuned to see them! :)

Enjoy,
-BEnB :)

Okay folks, time for an update with 2 new fakemon!
Here they are:
5960765511_cbb754e69a_z.jpg

5960766009_f5d08b71b2_z.jpg
Please Note: These were created and drawn by jjx8672 and I was asked by him to post these for him

The Dragon: No information as of yet. Color scheme subject to change.
The Bird: Probably one of my personal favorites in this collection so far. This bird has a unique evolutionary fact that will be unveiled soon. Trust me, its well worth the wait! :p

As mentioned in a previous post, I will be redesigning some of my fakemon and today after several hours of research and rough sketches, I present to you the new design of the fire ant fakemon that was posted earlier.

5968480760_d99e7a2240_z.jpg

5967919845_1117e4912c_z.jpg
Enjoy! :)

Info coming soon!! :p

Back