Ruling Jirachi ex

Silver_Cyh

er... Hello?
Shield Beam - 30
During your opponent's next turn, your opponent can't use any Poke-Powers on his or her Pokemon.
What do the card meant by "can't use any Poke-Powers on his/her Pokemon"? How about Invitation(Nidoqueen d), Delta Charge(Dragonite d), Shady Move(Banette ex), Extra Energy Bomb(Electrode ex), Legendary Ascent(Zapdos ex)? Does it mean any Poke-Powers related to his/her Pokemon can't be used?

What is meant by "opponent's next turn"? Is it like this:

My turn: Shield Beam
Opponent's turn:
My turn:
Opponent's turn:Can't use Poke-Powers

(skip a turn before Shield Beam's effect activate)

OR

My turn:Shield Beam
Opponent's turn:Can't use any Poke-Powers
My turn:
Opponent's turn:

(Shield Beam's effect activate during your opponent's turn)

?

the answer is:
ur turn:jirachi ex attack
ur opponent's turn:no pokepowers
ur turn:
ur opponent's turn:

correct, all your opponents poke powers are shut down on his next turn, including the potential ones from plays from his hand to his bench (espeon ex, tauros, etc.)

it is a beastly little attack which jirachi ex has.

For better understanding, check this.
aade8 said:
I have a Metagross d DS in play. My opponent has a Jirachi ex CG as their active Pokemon, and last turn, they attacked me with Jirachi's 'Shield Beam' attack. 'Shield Beam' says that 'during your opponent's next turn, your opponent may not use any Poke-Powers on his/her Pokemon'. Could my Metagross d DS still use its power 'Delta Control' since the power is not being used on one of my Pokemon? Thank-you.

bulbasnore said:
'on one of your Pok�mon' means Powers they possess. You can't use Delta Charge that turn, sorry.

link to this thread

Back