Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

The more I think of it the more I like the idea of yveltal break with forretress and vileplume item lock. With forest of giant plants and some devolution spray and scoop ups and AZ and elixirs. You could potentially have a turn 1 yveltal break, with the help of Wally, and item lock. I like this card more and more now

This could be a nice Night March counter in dark decks.

You have to have damage counters already on any Benched Pokémon you wish to hit with the spread damage. It seems like it will need its own deck to really be a star, though I could see a copy included if you're already running either Yveltal because the attack also does a flat 120 damage to the Active.

Dark decks already have a counter for Night March: the original Yveltal first released in XY. For just [D] it does 30 damage, enough to OHKO Joltik or (thanks to Weakness) Pumpkaboo while also attaching an Energy to something on the Bench. The original Darkrai-EX also is something of a counter as it is Psychic Resistant and can OHKO one Night Marcher while OHKOing a Joltik on the Bench.

I love this card! I loved M Gallade's attack but I definitely didn't like being weak to Psychic and having to Mega evolve, or the basic being kinda useless.

This could be fun with Sharpedo EX. Pull up their bench as you please and spread damage around while Yveltal charges up. Unfortunately, they're both Lightning weak though...

What an awesome card. This could open up a whole range of possibilities and I can't wait to see what combinations the community comes up with.

This is exactly the type of card that we want to see in upcoming sets. I hope it gets a full art too but, judging from recent patterns, it seems as though the support characters (Hex Maniac, Lass' Special, Psychic's Third Eye) only get regular prints.

What an awesome card. This could open up a whole range of possibilities and I can't wait to see what combinations the community comes up with.

This is exactly the type of card that we want to see in upcoming sets. I hope it gets a full art too but, judging from recent patterns, it seems as though the support characters (Hex Maniac, Lass' Special, Psychic's Third Eye) only get regular prints.
They might get FA prints in newer sets. I mean Pokemon Center Lady, Teammates, Battle Reporter and Pokemon Fan Club have Full Arts. Sycamore is about to get a FA when it was initially released over 2 years ago. Juniper took over a year to get one too. And if they become competitive cards then there's a chance we could get FA Variants. Maybe the XY12 booster box promo in Japan will be a FA Hex Maniac? Who knows.

i smell machamp

near dead EX? use ninja switch to machamp and make use of the damage to wipe the floor with anything

They might get FA prints in newer sets. I mean Pokemon Center Lady, Teammates, Battle Reporter and Pokemon Fan Club have Full Arts. Sycamore is about to get a FA when it was initially released over 2 years ago. Juniper took over a year to get one too. And if they become competitive cards then there's a chance we could get FA Variants. Maybe the XY12 booster box promo in Japan will be a FA Hex Maniac? Who knows.

there is not going to be a XY12 next is SM1

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a fun card to see. I don't think it will be too useful though with how the format is now but only time will tell. Looking forward to test it.

I'm relatively new to the TCG, but I've got friends who played back when Swoop! Teleporter was in-format and it's always one of their favorite cards in the old decks. I'm excited to see what kind of possibilities will open up.

I think I'd play this in everything as a 1-of reusable via VS Seeker, at minimum.

-If you open with it or have a way to go get it, you can get your preferred starter every time.
-It's got the brilliant niche of putting Shaymin-EX completely out of harm's way after using it, while at the same time going into your deck to grab something you'll need for the actual match.
-Combining the above two points means Shaymin starts are no longer as debilitating as they were.
-This also means decks relying on Shaymin for early draw can be less concerned with bench space issues, which means we might see the emergence of new archetypes/ascendance of currently inferior ones.

Those are just what I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty more you can do with it. I think this has the potential to be a game-changing card, but we'll see what the future holds.

i smell machamp

near dead EX? use ninja switch to machamp and make use of the damage to wipe the floor with anything

there is not going to be a XY12 next is SM1
Every new era starts on the Februuary set, since Steam Seige is the August set we are going to have an XY12 as the last set

With this card, you don't even have to worry about benched Shaymin, Hoopa, and Jirachi EX getting Lysandre'd out, because with this card in hand, you could play Shaymin perhaps, then immediatly switch it with a useable Pokemon, or if you start with Shaymin and a DCE, you could search for say a Seismitoad, and then immediatly have a powered up Toad without having to Sycamore with that in hand, fishing for a Float Stone and another Pokemon, and losing said DCE.
I like this card.

I'm calling this to be a better AZ. That's just my initial thought though

Back