News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
TPCI: Muscle Dumbells. TPCI (later on in the month): Plumeria. Me: *builds Sylveon* *cackles gleefully*

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
TPCI: Muscle Dumbells. TPCI (later on in the month): Plumeria. Me: *builds Sylveon* *cackles gleefully*

Please reprint Cobalion-EX in this set, TPCi.... Please..?

Muscle Dumbells would be so cool if Stage 1s actually deserved any support, but they already have a bit too much power. Some Stage 2 love would be nice.

Draskk

Blast From The Past

Muscle Dumbells would be so cool if Stage 1s actually deserved any support, but they already have a bit too much power. Some Stage 2 love would be nice.
His attack isnt affected by Weakness :3

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
Plumeria also helps Energy powering decks (Yvetal, Volcanion) to discard energy to get back. And Ho-Oh's GX Attack. Yes between this and Team Flare Grunt, TFG is better. It has no cost, but the discarding could be beneficial.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
New meta, Pokemon taking zero Energy to attack, just you watch.

Seriously, whats up with all the Energy hate cards? Do they not want you to play the game?

I think it seems pretty clear they want to emphasize certain cards like Magnezone (which we haven't seen go to town yet), Vikavolt, Metagross, etc. Your special energy isn't safe on the board, so you need to focus more on basic energies...and that means using alternate means to hit those magic numbers.

To be honest, I don't mind this. I have been looking for an excuse to run a Magnezone engine anyway LOL!

Clamtrak

Aspiring Trainer
In the deck I run, this could be handy. Disrupts my opponent, could get worthless cards out of my hand. I like this card.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Plumeria does allow you to get cards into discard pile. Energies for aqua patch or mega turbo, or as was mentioned in article regarding Darkrai ability. However I prefer draw support rather than discard your cards for one energy removal. Plus other ways to get cards into discard....ultra ball, sycamore, and rarely used psychic third eye (think that's its name).

You're on the right path here~
Remember people, discarding cards is not strictly a bad thing.
With Oranguru being one of our only draw options (post-rotation), discarding can actually help fix your hand.

A lot of decks interact with the discard pile.
I think the main problem with Plumeria is, it's effect is a sort of... "half-strategy."

The effect, while good, isn't always necessary.
A lot of the time, you can just discard with an Ultra Ball.
Sure, you can fetch this with Lele, but... you could also just fetch Skyla, and grab an Ultra-Ball.
Most of the time, using an Ultra Ball will help you out more.

But, based on the deck, I could see this being favored over Flare Grunt.
As @Gengar master said; this could help with things like Archie.
The problem is, it's a supporter, so you wouldn't be able to Archie that turn anyways.

Though, that is also a strength of this card.
I can see this potentially replacing crushing hammers, to avoid feeding into a Garbodor.
But, you might end up discarding items just to play it... so, who knows...
Would work well in my (WIP)Chandelure deck tho~

TL;DR It's an interesting tempo card, but it's niche is more-or-less filled already.

Scourge188

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure if this is really worth it. Discard 2 to discard one energy as your supporter for the turn is kinda bad, especially with Team Flare Grunt being almost as good with no downside and Crushing Hammer being just as good, but with a coin flip and no discard. Also, as long as Delinquent is a thing, reducing your hand size is not a good idea.

Discarding is not bad in Pokémon, it allows set ups with shaymin and octillery along with patches and seeker fodder. Crushing hammer is not as good as this. You would have to play at least 3 hammers in your deck which means you take up a few extra spots in your deck plus it is a coin flip, already a liability

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I like the overall direction they've been taking with supporter cards in this era, all of them (with the notable exception of being able to use Kiawe on t1) require some thought to use effectively. Once VS Seeker is gone I think we'll start seeing a huge number of different supporter lineups unlike now where it's basically 2 Lysandre, some mix of N and Sycamore that adds up to 6 or 7, then a few tech supporters depending on your deck with a lot of them (Olympia, Delinquent, ect) being so common they're also almost standard.

TheBigE196

Aspiring Trainer

Personally I think they just need to undo the rare candy errata(or mod it so you can do 1st turn but no gx), the errata and the time it was introduced never made sense to me, stage 2s had their best tool ripped away and in the same set darkrai dropped and the big basic era officially started

MaRiO123321

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know when burning shadows booster boxes will be able to be purchased. I'm only getting one but i want it as soon as possible. thx