News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Raging Out is going to be *the* GX attack for anyone making an honest go at milling.

This gives Gardevoir GX's corresponding GX attack a better sense of context, as well.

First I red "wing attack" and I thought "ooooh not again", then the unbelievable second attack damage with the always present "discard energy bla bla"....then the gx attack oh my my
I want absolutely test it with kiawe and see what it can do ifthe meta will go slower in the next months

At first sight I thought that this was another overpriced unviable stage 2, but Ho-oh and Kiawe are this thing's best friends. This could be used in its own deck, using Ho-oh to get it in the bench and then Kiawe/baby volc powering it up. It could also be played as a thin line in houndoom, the GX attack is too good not to. This would be a lot more viable next rotation if it weren't for all the tapus + drampa and Tauros
Crescent

There it is. Intersting they gave it a mill 10 GX attack. Can't say that attack will ever be used.
In my time in trading cards games never say never and people will for sure try playing him just for that one hit kill anything Crimson Storm. Now if there is a card in SM3 that speeds up the rate at which you add or attach special energy card that I will for sure try and play this and don't for get Ho-oh GX and hay at lest this ones draw back isn't o say I don't know mill the top five cards of your deck or this card takes 50 damage.

Last edited:
why give so much damage when it isn't even needed ???!! I always wanted to make a charizard deck but there hasn't been a chance, only if there was a fire support.... oh wait...
well anyways the mill can be good but keeping a stage 2 gx with so much energy as requirement for once a game attack is not so great.

I knew Pokémon couldn't make sets with new Pokémon forever...
They just can't go more than 4 sets without making a Charizard or a Gardevoir or Darkrai...

In this case, they couldn't go even 1 set. Guardians Rising has the following non-Alola-native pokemon:

• Gothitelle line
  • Victreebel line
  • Chandelure line
  • Victini (in case people want to bring up Island Scan)
  • Heliolisk line
  • Gliscor line
  • Swellow line
  • Watchog line
  • Rayquayza
And one of the cover pokemon for Burning Shadows and the cover pokemon for To Have Seen The Battle Rainbow is Ho-Oh, and the set(s) (Burning Shadows, and the compnent To Have Seen The Battle Rainbow and Darkness that Consumes Light sets) also introduces new Heatmor, Diancie and Toxicroak cards (among others I might had missed... like the Butterfree card that I forgot and the Charizard GX card that this comment has been directed to), ship's already sailed when it came to including non-alolan mons (speaking of which, doesn't another Japanese set have a Darkrai-GX?)

Last edited:
Love the Pokémon! The card not so much! The gx attack will be good in a mill deck for sure tho!

the art of the card is cool but agree with people saying playing wise not so great its gx attack is good in mill decks even with kiawe supporter card but alolan ninetales or strong water ones will destroy it

why give so much damage when it isn't even needed ???!! I always wanted to make a charizard deck but there hasn't been a chance, only if there was a fire support.... oh wait...
well anyways the mill can be good but keeping a stage 2 gx with so much energy as requirement for once a game attack is not so great.
I remember when I had a nice deck of Ninetales of Roast Reveal and Infernapes. Good times. Now all fire is about discarding 10 energies to deal 99999 damage.

MY GEODUDES
  • Charizard GX - I love it, but it is gosh darn expensive, and it is a Stage 2. Rare Candy would be a hassle. It can ease your pain to set up, thanks to Mr. Kiawe if in T1. If not, OK! The GX attack would be a pain in the early game, Sylveon will suffer if ya discard VS Seekers and Grunts. Most decks as well. I think something fancy on this GX attack, this is the opposite of Broski's GX attack. For now, It's a 3-Geodude card.
EDIT: That card was demoted to 2 Geodudes because of some reasons.
  • It is a Stage 2, with a very expensive ACs.
  • The GX attack must be all [C]s so that it'll be viable in some mill decks.
  • 3 for 70 is GARBODOR!! Eeeww!
  • 300 for 5 is good, (Yes, I know Mr. Kiawe could ease that (If T1) but it's not enough because of Kiawe's sub-effect), but we have to power up with Steaming Volcanion to replenish the Energy lost, that's a lot of hassle because you buy yourself a turn for that.
  • I don't like the fact that the high damage input makes a "catchy" thing for younger players to play TCG. (Non-related but I don't like it.)
  • Rare Candy is an item, Garb loves it.
  • Yes, Ho-oh's GX attack could help him get out in play, but like Charizard's, it's gosh darn expensive.
If I choose between this and M-Charizard (EVO), I choose MCY because it's Crimson Dive is similar to Crimson Storm but doesn't discard anything,but it does recoil. And can be treated by Pokemon Center Lady.

In this case, they couldn't go even 1 set. Guardians Rising has the following non-Alola-native pokemon:

• Gothitelle line
  • Victreebel line
  • Chandelure line
  • Victini (in case people want to bring up Island Scan)
  • Heliolisk line
  • Gliscor line
  • Swellow line
  • Watchog line
  • Rayquayza
And one of the cover pokemon for Burning Shadows and the cover pokemon for To Have Seen The Battle Rainbow is Ho-Oh, and the set(s) (Burning Shadows, and the compnent To Have Seen The Battle Rainbow and Darkness that Consumes Light sets) also introduces new Heatmor, Diancie and Toxicroak cards (among others I might had missed... like the Butterfree card that I forgot and the Charizard GX card that this comment has been directed to), ship's already sailed when it came to including non-alolan mons (speaking of which, doesn't another Japanese set have a Darkrai-GX?)
Darkrai-GX was from SM2+, which is also part of Burning Shadows

Last edited:
Some time back one guy said there was going to be a Charizard GX soon, but It'll deal ridiculous amounts of damage and will be unplayable (at least competitively). He was totally right... or maybe not...
The only way someone could ever play this being "serious" is just using this to burn the opponent's deck.
Maybe doing 100 damage to Ex-GX with Choice Band with 3 energies is ok while you hold a DCE in hand in case you need to kill a big guy. Otherwise this is just another Kommo-o GX.

Burning Energies are this thing's best friend. If you manage to get 3 of them on the guy you pretty much nuke everything. I may be tempted to try running this with that stadium that boosts HP of stage 1/2s alongside Butterfree to keep it alive. Not competitively viable, but could be fun!

In my time in trading cards games never say never and people will for sure try playing him just for that one hit kill anything Crimson Storm. Now if there is a card in SM3 that speeds up the rate at which you add or attach special energy card that I will for sure try and play this and don't for get Ho-oh GX and hay at lest this ones draw back isn't o say I don't know mill the top five cards of your deck or this card takes 50 damage.

It just seems very un-Charizard like. I really expected its GX attack to do like 600 damage or something since they have this fetish for giving Charizard large numbers. I just don't understand why they gave it a mill 10 attack. It would be at home on like Durant-GX but not a Charizard-GX.

Pros:
-Kiawe makes powering it up in one turn possible.
-250 HP
-GX attack is awesome.
-Second attack needs no help getting an OHKO.
-Ho-Oh GX can get it out relatively easily.

Cons:
-Stage 2
-Weak to Volcanion, Lapras, Ninetails, and Greninja, all of which are seeing play currently.
-3 for 70 is bad.
-5 energy is insane and discarding 3 is just adding insult to injury.

Verdict: Bad, unless we get more fire support, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anything that could make this better. A reprint of Blacksmith is probably what would be necessary to save this card.

if turn one is kiawe : go search 3 burn energy and one fire energy. Turn 2 Rare candy = 300 dmg all turns XD
that's right can we search for burn energy with Kiawe ?

if turn one is kiawe : go search 3 burn energy and one fire energy. Turn 2 Rare candy = 300 dmg all turns XD
that's right can we search for burn energy with Kiawe ?
I think it should be possible to attach Burn Energy but I'm not sure. It says Fire Energy Card, not basic, but recently I discovered that you can't discard Strong Energies with
Scorched Earth Stadium in PTCGO, so it may be because of the name or something., but if you can't, Kiawe makes your turn end not letting you do 300 damage each turn anyways.

Back