News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Why does Araquanid have to be utter garbage? People said the Same thing when they found out about Wally + Gliscor, but that sucked. This will never be a good card and honestly won't even be a good rogue deck if anyone is thinking that.

lol

Another unique attack effect. At least, I don't think we have ever seen this one before... Good job Pokémon, keep it up.

As for comments on being creative, it depends on your definition of creative, as plenty of these designs, just like past cards that explore interesting design space, will be outperformed by linear and lock strategies in the format.
Phantom forces Gliscor has the same attack

It's not that I'm interested in what it does (trust me, I am though), it's what it means.
Grass type Dewpider.
What is one of Deciduplume's greatest weaknesses? Volcanion (or Fire in general).
What does SM base Araquanid do?
Prevent damage from Fire.
T1 Araquanid techs in Deciduplume incoming (at least its only for Worlds until Vileplume and FOGP rotates). :)

This can work with the new raichu. You paralyze your opponent so they cant switch and use this pokemons attack to block energy attachment.

Its pretty interesting, with a Choice Band attached it will usually swing for a 3HKO, playing a 4-4 line with in a Vileplume deck it will be veeery hard to play around, cuz the only ways out would be Ranger (only played as a 1 of in Volcanion decks) or Olympia (usually played as 1 of in most standard decks right now). 2 powerful locks effects together, which complement each other, are very opressive against almost any deck.

I think that effect is applied to the Player, not the Active Pokemon, meaning they would have to play Ranger to remove it, such as how Dragonair's Dragon's Wish is applied to the Player and would not be removed if Dragonair was benched or evolved into Dragonite.

I am hoping that we at least get a Persian GX or ultra rare at some point in the sun and moon Tcg era. T he main reason being is because as far as i know Persian has never had an ultra rare.

T1 Meowth + Victory Star Victini = the new meta

Nah! the new meta is Break Point Mawile with Victory Star Victini, Skyfield and 4 Dhelmise on the bench.

1 energy paralysis attack that goes from 10 to 50 with the 4 Dhelmise, then 30 more with choice band (80 damage for 1 energy!!!). and you get to flip 2 coins with fliptini. Yeah its a nasty rogue deck, that hopefully will only see play at your local leagues or online. (In fact someone has a youtube video already on this deck)

Not much Meowth can do to compete with that Mawile right now but can still flip 2 coins with fliptini and do 40 with choice band. The Persian in this set better be good or semi decent.

I am hoping that we at least get a Persian GX or ultra rare at some point in the sun and moon Tcg era. T he main reason being is because as far as i know Persian has never had an ultra rare.
Persian did have an ex-card back in EX Unseen Forces, but I agree with you! I really want Persian to get a GX, preferably Alolan Persian because it's so cute, but I wouldn't mind normal Persian!

Persian did have an ex-card back in EX Unseen Forces, but I agree with you! I really want Persian to get a GX, preferably Alolan Persian because it's so cute, but I wouldn't mind normal Persian!

I believe it's pretty likely that we'll see all the Alolan variants get GX's at some point in the SM card era.

Back