News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

I'm sorry to break it down to everyone hyped about keldeo dealing 20 damage times the number of your benched pokemons. The card states it's 20 damage times the number of your OPPONENTS benched pokemons. "自分" means your and "相手" opponent. The other cards are translated fine at first glance except for some attack names that I don't think will survive the official translation^^. God damn punch... :)

Great to finally see a new Venusaur in the game, and here's hoping that Arbok turns out to be decent. I really like Arboks.

As a side note, it would be hilarious if the Minun ends up being around as strong as the Plusle to the point that making a deck around them would be viable.

MY GEODUDES
  • Shaymin, not the hype one - I love it, period! The second atk is named Revenge or Retaliate if you ask me. 2-3 Geodudes.
  • Reshiram - Outrage Reshiram is back, Bow! 4-5 Geodudes.
  • Entei GX - MEH! 1 Geodude! But, it can Almost snipe a Lele. Still meh! It can be access to Volc, but it's not enough.
  • Incineroar - 2nd atk is TRUBBISH, the first atk can be accessible to "Rainy Town" and "Magma Base". Unlike Grandpa Drampa, It's a Stage 2 with a bulky HP. 3 Geodudes.
  • Keldeo - The first atk name is Bail Out, the 2nd is lit! FFK loves it. 4 Geodudes.
  • Plusle and Minun - (+) Ehh?! (-)??. (+) 1 (-) ?
  • Spiritomb - Okay! 3 Geodudes.
  • Shining Lugia - Too much expensive! 2 Geodudes.
  • Shining Rayquaza - DDE rotates in August, it makes even worse. 1-2 Geodudes.
  • Masked Royal - Is Yeah Boi knows about this? But this card is OK! 2-3 Geodudes.
  • Pokémon Breeder - the one he refer from base set is like Rare Candy. This one is not good! 2 Geodudes.
  • Damage Removal - Ok! Good for someone else. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Warp Energy - I don't familiar on this, I think it is good! 3-4 Geodudes!
  • Other Cards - pls!

Last edited:
The same name usage is a nice sign since I hoped many times that the English names had used the already more unique, atmospheric Japanese titles. Crossing The Ruins...? Split Earth? (Aquapolis and Skridge are beautiful names tbf) Mysterious Mountains? Rulers Of The Heavens? Secret Of The Lakes? Rage Of The Broken Heavens? Awakening Of The Psychic Kings?? Sorry for the extended paradigm, bcause only choosing one example from these was barely possible.

I may have said this before but along with the brilliant comeback of the Shining title to define these types of cards again (another extremely subtle reference coming back to Generation 2 these days) but just like the names, it would be exhilarating to have the EXACT 3-D layering shaded style of holographic and complete sparkled front cover as the triple stars originally did, at least according to Bulbapedia's page on the set as of now, the triple stars are back!! Wooooooo. Make no mistake, out of all of Pokémon's interpretations of 'Shiny' Pokémon in the tcg. The original Shining Pokémon were visually always the greatest and will be. Because of them they were the first official definition by Pokémon themselves to call these alternative coloured characters as Shining Pokémon and I will always go by this logic, even it's confused people in the past I hope this set now lets them understand my choice of grammar.

Once again TPCi's English merchndaise direction makes me bipolar. The Elite Trainer Box is mine, Ho-Oh deserves all the attention it can get despite its plot in Pokémon to remain mysterious until now it seems. Then bam! OCD KICKS IN and I get hateful fast because of their LAZY ROUTE FOR THE EASIER ART OPTION WITH NO INITATIVE TO LEAVE OUT THE SILVER FEATHER OUTLINING WITHIN THE GOLD??!? Let alone the potential for an exclusive Shining Ho-Oh figure like the Generations ETB (Oh probably because its Mewtwo and we need to shove it in everyones 12 year old faces all the time over our older more respecting fans? That's why). Perfect oppertunity to please the real fans with a rarely celebrated, mass appealing Pokémon f****** voided out of any iinitative once again. I know it may seem annoying to some to see resentment and dissapointment constantly by things like this but I hope some of you can relate and feel my pain. Ho-Oh seems to be the most hidden mascot legendary when it comes to merchandise and spotlight. Please help me Rainbow wings, whenever the English create items based on circles of genuine interest fan favourite Pokémon and not the close minded auidence appealers (Pikachu to some extent, Mewtwo and Charizard), the initative leaves the door and the most rushed, sordid type of products gets pushed out. Many chances they have to outdo the Japanese in merch and many times they miss.

I couldn't care less for an Entei GX because we all wanted a full art Suicune after all these years the accompany the the other two... OG's on here know what I mean.

...and once again. All of the computer generated illustrations of higher rare Mewtwo cards (excluding the original EX Ruby & Sapphire Base Set Mewtwo ex with all its Stadium nostalgia goodness art in mind) once again keep looking the same generic same.... Who will save the sane??? Some things, just can't, change....

So far:
Keldeo: Keldeo is a great non-GX/EX attacker in Water decks! Same attack as Entei (Ancient Origins 14). With Aqua Patch around, two Water is quite easy to get out and is especially powerful when people are jamming up their bench with Tapu Lele-GX, Brigette, and Pokémon Fan Club.

Reshiram: Reshiram has the classic Outrage, how fun. But Burning Breath is a Volcanion-EX attack... on a 1 prize attacker! It's definitely great to have the same attack on something that's not a 2 prize liability.

Shaymin:
Might be a 1-of in Grass decks. Revenge for 120-150 is actually really good for 2 energy. Flap is ok if you are stuck.

Shining Rayquaza: Shiny Rayquaza is interesting. It can do 220 with a Choice Band... Probably paired with Vikavolt (SM 52) and about 15 Energy. Probably not good, but the artwork is sweeeeet.

Masked Royal: Awful! Should be an Item card if you ask me. Love Naoki Saito's art, however.

Pokemon Breeder: Again, awful! Kanako Eo again is one of my favorite artists, and should be drawing the really good cards instead of bad uncommons.

Definitely want to see Raichu-GX soon though.

If only Masked Royal said to any type of Stage 2, Gardevoir GX would love it :( . Also, what on earth is that Entei? I wanted a good Entei card, TPCI! Anyways, Shaymin is bad, Lugia is okay, Rayquaza is terrible (but looks awesome), Reshiram would be good if Tauros wasn't a thing, and everything else is pretty meh. Can't wait to see Zoroark though, Zoroark has always been decent :)

P.S. apparently Inceneroar has some rage quit problems! God Damn Punch? XD

Really looking forward to this - what will the reverse Holos be like as the (what I assume are) standard Holo cards have a really neat finish around the edge - I hope it makes it to the English set..

That Entei looks really powerful. Maybe we will see the emergence of more fire-type decks which combine Pokemon from this set and Burning Shadows. There is also a Volcarona which could be very good.

The post says the set releases June 15th? I could be wrong but that doesn't sound right as that would make the set already out in Japan?

Rayquaza's back, but with no DDE reprints in sight, we're safe.
Entei is bad.
Lugia is okay.
Shaymin is not going to punch people's wallets anymore.
Poké Breeder is like the opposite of Kukui.
Incineroar actually works with Masked Royal.
Masked royal however, does not work on Goodra and therefore I am sad.
I suppose they'll keep the OP Rayquaza GX for last then.
And still no Arceus GX.

I'm very interested to see what that lighting GX pokemon with 210 hp is in the pic. Also, spiritomb looks like it might be the partner umbreon gx has been needing.

Back