Japan's March Set: 'Rebellion Crash,' Plus Toxtricity V, Charizard VMAX, Grimmsnarl VMAX!

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
The reason why Stormfront Gengar is amazing, because it has Poltergeist, this doesn't.

You can still send it out as the active Pokémon in hit and run decks to take the hit and possibly knock out the opponent in return if you flip heads on the coin flip. Fit a 2-2 Galarian Cursola line into a Morpeko V deck and you have a nice alternative to Lillie`s Clefairy Doll once you ran out of them.

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
Galarian cursola *gets killed by a tag team/V-max*
*flips heads*
This ability was good on a stage 2 with only one pricers in the format.
I know stormfront gengar has a nice attack but now you can uptrade with the ability

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Why do they call it Galarian Cursola? Because it’s not a regional form of another Cursola it’s actually a native of the Galar region?
It will allow for galarian specific effects, and puts galar evos in the group too.

Clam

Almost decent
I like these cards although cursola is the worst IMO Sonia seems like a decent card for early game setup and duraldon just looks good

Johto King

A typhlosion fan
Duraludon is like the old Yveltal/Volcanion from the XY era, but for metal Pokemon. It might see some play to accelerate energy early game in Zacian decks. Cursola seems good for Hit-and-Run decks like Morpeko.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Huh.... interesting. It still looks incredibly unlikely that any Fairy or Dragon Pokemon will be included in this set (Duraludon is #58, Sonia is #65, and there's surely some Colorless cards and other Trainers). I wonder what their plan is here?

Jeff Stratford

Aspiring Trainer
In expanded you can play this with Will to guarantee the OHKO anytime it gets knocked out. Could be something to look into

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
In expanded you can play this with Will to guarantee the OHKO anytime it gets knocked out. Could be something to look into

No. The supporter Will allows you to determine the result of the first coin flip during your own turn. Cursola's Fainting Spell works during the opponent's turn.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Why would you think that when they haven't even brought earlier SWSH Gym Leaders like Nessa to the TCG yet? Though if Gen 7 was an indication I'm sure we will get most/all of the SWSH Gym Leaders in card form eventually.

sKizor

Aspiring Trainer
Sonia is actually a reprint of Roseanne's Research from from Secret wonders during the Diamond and Pearl era. It's always been one of my favorite search supporters, and one I feel is strong at any point during a game.

Last edited:

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Oh look, Stormfront Gengar is back.

Sonia is actually a reprint of Roseanne's Research from from Secret wonders during the Diamond and Pearl era. It's always been one of my favorite search supporters, and one I feel is strong at any point during a game.
Roseanne's Research let you search for up to 2 in any combination of them. Sonia is either up to 2 Pokemon, or up to 2 energy. Unfortunately it's not quite Roseanne's.

Last edited by a moderator: