Japan's March Set: 'Rebellion Crash,' Plus Toxtricity V, Charizard VMAX, Grimmsnarl VMAX!

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
once again zacian is better than zamazenta. zacian is such a great one prizer for zacian v decks, probably even more when welder rotates.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
once again zacian is better than zamazenta. zacian is such a great one prizer for zacian v decks, probably even more when welder rotates.

I believe that Zamazenta is the better partner for Zacian V since he does not need to discard the energies attached to him and combined with Metal Frying Pan he becomes a rather tanky one-prize attacker able to deal with other one-prize attackers used at the moment.

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
I believe that Zamazenta is the better partner for Zacian V since he does not need to discard the energies attached to him and combined with Metal Frying Pan he becomes a rather tanky one-prize attacker able to deal with other one-prize attackers used at the moment.
with metal saucer and mt coronet (or magnezone if your into it) i don't really think the energy discard is anything to worry about

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
with metal saucer and mt coronet (or magnezone if your into it) i don't really think the energy discard is anything to worry about

You are already using Metal Saucer to fuel Zacian V as the main attacker and you are limited to four copies of that card in a deck. Magnezone is another story but I believe that he slows down Zacian V decks and reduces the deck space that can be devoted to more offensive trainers. My argument in favor of Zamazenta is that you want a one-prize attacker that can deal with other one-prize attackers. With Metal Frying Pan Zamazenta reduces damage by 50 with is respectable and essentially turns him into a HP 180 Basic Pokémon that only gives up one prize. In addition he hits for a solid 130 damage which should be sufficient to handle other one-prize attackers. You do n0t need your one-prize attacker to hit 190 damage at the cost of three energies being discarded as a side effect of the attack. Zacian V is sufficient of a ohko attacker on his own.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
But if your use Lucario and Melmetal's GX attack then put a metal frying pan on Zamazenta you reduce a bunch of damage for 1 prize.

Wailord's Pokemon

Pokemon TCG player. 2019 Worlds Competitor.
zamazenta is great in adp legendaries as it swings the mally matchup even more in the deck's favor (after altered creation ofc)

Clam

Almost decent
alright so i think zacian isnt super good i think it would be a nice finnisher but the V cards are super bulky although it could work to KO basic GX cards. I just want choice band

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
They've been releasing monthly sets for a long time, but stopped with this new generation. So far the theory is that this is because they're letting us play catch up, which would happen in February when our first SwSh set releases. Now as we can see, starting in February in Japan, they're going to have monthly releases again it seems. So yes, the theory has been holding water to the letter.

"As I posted in this theory article, I believe we will get all of the cards from the above sets in our February set. Going forward, I believe the rest of the world will be synced up with Japan’s releases every three months."

You said about VMAX Rising? Yet we already have our 17 announced V/VMAX cards from the SwSh sets and Starter Kits. So we won't be getting this Feb Japan set until the May English set ...

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
where's this 17 number coming from?

From the official announcement for the SWSH set for the English TCG. I still don't get why he's pushing for his simultaneous release theory either, all evidence points out to not being the case, as the 4 VMax Pokemon announced and the 17 V Pokemon announced for English SWSH are all accounted for, between the V Starter Sets (5 V pokemon) and the japanese sets (12 V pokemon).

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Galarian Cursola: Nice ability.
Duraldon: Great starter in Zacian V decks and other Metal decks once Jirachi rotated. In the meantime it is still a decent tech addition.
Sonia: Updated version of Pokémon Fan Club and a decent addition to evolution decks that want to go second.

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I don't mind Fan Club bring slightly improved, especially in a way that makes your deck more consistent.

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
Why do they call it Galarian Cursola? Because it’s not a regional form of another Cursola it’s actually a native of the Galar region?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Sonia is nice if you go second...
Make sense bro. First player going first cannot use Supporter cards. Gosh! What is going on?
  • Sonia - Can be good, can be bad. Can be bad because it only search 2 rather than 3. Can be good because it says Basic of any description unlike those with different types or having a restricted HP or having specified RC. For energy, we have better ways to search energy. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Cursola - The reason WHY Gengar from Stormfront is so so good, because it has Polteageist attack. This does not. Prevents retreating, ok but not appealing since you're only hitting Pre-SWSH P types and F types for weakness. Considering the weakness, dude, you are not even 2HKO Mew3 without Vital Band. The energy cost, Malamar, Aurora Energy (since Guzma & Hala is a thing). 3-4 Geodudes
  • Duraludon - Best setup atkr since Yveltal XY. With Metal Patch in the Jap format and Zacian V was proven good, This could be a new addition. 3-4 Geodudes

Sonia is nice if you go second, Duraldon is a cute 1 of for metal decks maybe, Cursola new meta
The reason why Stormfront Gengar is amazing, because it has Poltergeist, this doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator: