News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Aromatisse - cool effects but it doesn't do enough. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Zeraora - the 2nd atk needs to spammable because if it has 4 energy and an Electropower, OHKO Gardevoir. Why it NEEDS to be spammable because we don't have a reliable energy recovery for L types, something like Malamar for L types (of course it's Eelektrik in Expanded). The typing is bad, the HP is bad, 3 Geodudes

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Zeraora could be put in ray decks

The thing with this is it has no cap.
It is kind of like a necrozma GX.
If you find a REALLY bulky pokemon (and there are going to be a lot of those soon),
then you power up this to take a knock out.
At the moment, the only real option to accelerate 3-4 lightning energy a turn is magnizone
but there really is no great way to get the energy back (maybe a heavy count of energy recyclers and 2 ribombees on the the bench), and if your opponent targets down your magnimite/magnizone then you lose.
Keep this card in mind though, because, just like necrozma, something will come out to accelerate the lightning easier than magnizone and poof! Zeraora decks everywhere.

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
@Water Pokémon Master

On Aromatisse's second attack, I don't see how コロン Koron translates to "Lure" at all (maybe there's something I don't know there). It seems to me like it's actually supposed to mean "Cologne", which makes sense with Aromatisse's scent theme.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Magnezone, zeraora with fisherman? Maybe with shrine too? Idk, seems like it has some potential

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
@Water Pokémon Master

On Aromatisse's second attack, I don't see how コロン Koron translates to "Lure" at all (maybe there's something I don't know there). It seems to me like it's actually supposed to mean "Cologne", which makes sense with Aromatisse's scent theme.
I second this—"koron" has been translated to "cologne" on past Aromatisse cards, so that seems to be the most logical translation.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
@Water Pokémon Master

I second this—"koron" has been translated to "cologne" on past Aromatisse cards, so that seems to be the most logical translation.
I third this

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Fliptini with Aromatisse is mandatory. If their retreat is high, hit them with confusion, then add Poison and Burn.

I have a casual deck that does this (ex TR Returns Hoppip). It provides headaches.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
How often in the TCG do we have a move that lets you choose the status ailment? It would be really nice to see more of that in the future. Even maybe some more that change based on if you get heads or tails on the flip.

Also Zeraora is quite good. It's funny that you could to zero damage with Thunder Mountain. Also love attacks that discard Special Energy in tandem with damage.

Max Maxwell

Aspiring Trainer
Zeraora is the New Pikachu EX but it better. Very Good Card, aroma..who? Aromatisse is anonymous in any expansion.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Zeraora could be put in ray decks

The thing with this is it has no cap.
It is kind of like a necrozma GX.
If you find a REALLY bulky pokemon (and there are going to be a lot of those soon),
then you power up this to take a knock out.
At the moment, the only real option to accelerate 3-4 lightning energy a turn is magnizone
but there really is no great way to get the energy back (maybe a heavy count of energy recyclers and 2 ribombees on the the bench), and if your opponent targets down your magnimite/magnizone then you lose.
Keep this card in mind though, because, just like necrozma, something will come out to accelerate the lightning easier than magnizone and poof! Zeraora decks everywhere.
I disagree on the bottom part because 1. The 2nd atk is spammable, so Using so much recycler may result to card burning. Ribombee might be an option... Just run Ditto if u don't want an clunky deck.
Magnezone, zeraora with fisherman? Maybe with shrine too? Idk, seems like it has some potential
Still. Card burning. You might do play Cynthia for draw support in some turns. Again, the 2nd atk is a spammable attack.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I disagree on the bottom part because 1. The 2nd atk is spammable, so Using so much recycler may result to card burning. Ribombee might be an option... Just run Ditto if u don't want an clunky deck.

Still. Card burning. You might do play Cynthia for draw support in some turns. Again, the 2nd atk is a spammable attack.
First,
You can't rare candy a ditto into a stage 2. How does a ditto improve consistency?
Second,
the second attack is spammable only if you have a magnizone out.
The reason magnizone is bad right now is because (good) players guzma it up, knock it out, and then you have no energy acceleration
Yes, you could get multiple out but then you need to get 4 energy in hand AND a rare candy AND a magnizone. You could use lady but that's your supporter for turn.
Right now the combo is just too clunky to make work.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Dedenne-GX - 5 Geodudes for some reasons
  1. Arceus' answer after a huge loss to Professor Sycamore in Standard.
  2. It wasn't as nutballs as Shaymin-EX, when it comes to usability of the ability.
  3. Although its greatly weak to Buzzwole, you don't want to attack with it. And also it has the RC of 1 so Escape Board it away.
  4. In clarification to #2, what I mean is Sky Return then reuse the ability, that what Shaymin does. On Dedenne, its on a GX atk and doesn't use DCE. Here!

mrsodaking

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
If you, for some reason, are mad that "Shaymin" has returned... Just take a look at his little face HE'S SO CUTE

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hmm... the ability is very good, but the once per turn limit greatly weakens this card's playability. Due to this, you cannot use Dedenne to achieve explosive turns like you could with Shaymin. It also has low HP and is weak to Buzzwole. It will be a 1 of in most decks, but nothing more than that. This is not the format-breaking Shaymin successor I had so feared-4 Geodudes.