News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

I'm pretty sure that the Necrozma forms are ultra beasts. Why wouldn't they if the game is called ultra sun and ultra moon?

Necrozma is not an Ultra Beast (at least not right now anyway, yet to be seen if USUM will declare it one). Solgaleo and Lunala are but since DM and DW are forms of Necrozma (like BW Kyurem) then they're not Ultra Beasts either.

I feel like the 10 GXs are 5 new UBs, Solgaleo, Lunala, Dusk Lycanroc, Dawn Wings Necrozma, and Dusk Mane Necrozma
Those will be in the set, but don’t count to the 10 due to there being no RA, look at GRI’s RR exclusive GXs, they didn’t count
I highly doubt that there will be new cards of the same ultra beasts we already have and Pokemon has treated Bulu gx FA and RR like a new Pokemon in things and especially this early in the SM era sure we have the new lunala and solgaleo but those are the two main lengendaries and they are not in a set

Theory:
Prism makes rainbows, yes?
Star cards are shinies, right?
We already have "Shining" Pokémon, right?
Does that mean that:
•These cards are GX cards.
•The art is Rainbow.
•You can only use one in a deck.

Something is happening with that rainbow, though, I know there's something more there than just the art.
THE HYPE IS REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAL!
Goomy, I hope you can make this set news come faster...

The ultra beasts will probably be the full arts from gx battle boost and two of the new ones
I highly doubt that there will be new cards of the same ultra beasts we already have and Pokemon has treated Bulu gx FA and RR like a new Pokemon in things and especially this early in the SM era sure we have the new lunala and solgaleo but those are the two main lengendaries and they are not in a set
no Bulu and Lycanroc were not counted towards the total # of GX

Sweet, that Pidgeot-GX is looking very nice. Can't wait to use it.

It is a sin that Goodra has no EX or GX cards yet, and has probably passed the point where it will ever get one. Preposterous!

As for me, I am really hoping for a Dusk Form Lycanroc GX Prism card : )

Pidgeot got its first ultra rare card ever in Evolution, and it's been around since the card game came out.

I hope this prism mechanic changes the meta in such a way people will take to the forums and change.org petitions to yell at Pokemon to ban something

I don't even need evidence to say this sets full arts are gonna be BEAUTIFUL!

I'm pretty sure that the Necrozma forms are ultra beasts. Why wouldn't they if the game is called ultra sun and ultra moon?
Because they are focused on the Ultra Wormhole who gets you in different worlds, there is an Ultra Megalopolis and an Ultra Recon Squad, maybe?

I'm guessing the "5 Ultra Beasts" is counting Pheromosa + Xurkitree + Celesteela, and the two others are Assembly + Burst, which will be the only two new ones Japan is getting; one in each of their sets - even if there were two more new Ultra Beasts in USUM, I highly doubt they would make cards of them so soon

I feel like it was headed this way, but I guess this confirms we're not getting new Mega Evolutions in USUM. I'll stay hopeful for the next games :)
Its already been established that megas have been abandoned since gen 7, besides the megas are usually inferior to the basics they evolve from anyways.

Can't wait to see how new form Necrozma will play out in tcg, I just hope you don't have to start its evolution chain from Cosmog. Instead hopefully its a base gx or evolves from the Burning Shadows set one.

Back