Japanese or English Pokemon Cards

• Japanese

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • American/European

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Stevie Night

Aspiring Trainer
Thought this may be an interesting topic for discussion...

Which do you prefer out of the Japanese Cards, and the American/European Pokemon Cards, and why?

japanese cards are biult different and have a different smell....lol yes i did smell them =) so i like japanese better

jap cuz they have more cards released, and if u've noticed, the edges are white and not yellowish as on american/european.

Japanese because they are cooler looking and the packs have more cards. The boxes have a better Lv x ratio--1;4packs. I can't read japanese, but you can use translations.

Dragon Master #9 said:
Japanese because they are cooler looking and the packs have more cards. The boxes have a better Lv x ratio--1;4packs. I can't read japanese, but you can use translations.

it was actually 3 different ones in 1 box, and from ifitds it started 1-2 per box...

and ya, every pack 2 rare cards and always a holo rare card :cool:

Japanese definitely. Whoever says English has obviously never opened a Japanese box. lol
Sure a Japanese box only comes with 20 packs, but you get a total of 3 rares, one of which guaranteed holo/Lv X.
The extra energy in the pack is pretty nice too, until I started buying in Japanese I didn't have any basic Metal or Dark, but now I have plenty. haha

I prefer English cards because I can't read Japanese lol... also, how could I get japanese cards in Portugal?

shaymin707 said:
japanese cards are biult different and have a different smell...lol yes I did smell them =) so I like japanese better

Yay...I smell them too! They smell "slicker" and so does the inside of the pack, better than english cards.
plus they have a white border.
1 Holo (ALWAYS)
2 Rares
3 Uncommons
4 Commons
1 Energy

lol...JPN cards are way better though.I got 3 Lv Xs and a shiny pokemon along with Charmander in my IFDS box

Japanese cards are better than English ones in my opinion. You get a lot more good cards per Japanese box compared to English boxes. Plus, most of the Japanese cards just look better. The only reason I use English cards is the fact that I can't read Japanese fluently yet and my friends would freak out if I tried using Japanese proxies against them. :\

I prefer japanese cards,too. You can get it easier than englich cards,you have more Lv X in one box and the most important thing: It is cheaper.

Back