Japanese versions of expensive cards good for the poor man?

Should I buy Japanese versions of expensive cards?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 93.3%

• Total voters

Cimurph

Rookie Year
Hello everyone.... today I had to start looking into getting a Luxray GL Lv. X because the guy that I bought one from 2 weeks ago has yet to send it out so I will probably have to file complaints with paypal in order to get my money back, but thats enough explanation, now comes the question.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me (since I don't feel like spending $200 more on a good sp deck that I already have some money into) to buy Japanese versions of Luxray GL Lv. X and possibly other cards because I know that the Japanese Luxray GL Lv. X's run half to less than half the price of the english ones. So... what do you guys think? Do it or not? LMK, Thanks.

BTW I know I need a copy of a page from the offical card dex and that I can only run 6 foreign cards in my deck.

From september 1st you will not be allowed proxies at all as was stated this time last year, last format took unlimited down to 6 with notice that this year foreign cards will be void

Luxray's price has dropped drastically. A master at my League said today that he saw somewhere on eBay you could get two Luxray GL Lv. X's for $40. Why? Because Worlds is over.

Uhh, yeah. Mind showing me where on ebay? I highly doubt that Luxray GL Lv.Xs would drop down to 20 dollars each because worlds is over....The only Luxray GL Lv.Xs I found that cheap were either ones that were WC or just put up for bidding.

PikachewTofu said:
Luxray's price has dropped drastically. A master at my League said today that he saw somewhere on eBay you could get two Luxray GL Lv. X's for $40. Why? Because Worlds is over.
Uh no, the only Luxray GL Lv. X's you'll be getting for $20 on eBay are World Championship reprints.

Nothing has changed in terms of the card's supply. With the anticipation of the rotation and SP being an even more dominant deck than before, increased demand for Luxray should offset any post-Worlds depression in prices.

Don't do it. Next format you can't use them. Since that is like less than a month away it is so not worth it...

Quailman said:
Either you are a bad troll or you haven't read what the rotation is.
You obviously haven't read the title and what he's referring to.

Back