Japanese “Battle Academy” Revealed for March Featuring Eight Pokemon ex!

holy shit these are so bad… not that it’s unexpected from this type of product at this point. I think not enough people are pointing out how atrocious some of the single-prizers are. In particular, this Kingambit is the worst single-prize stage 2 I’ve ever seen, and Ampharos is only marginally better. I say “single-prize” here because damn does that Greninja ex give it a run for its money. The only remotely decent-looking card here is the Armarouge ex, and even then it only looks mid rather than straight garbage

Add the fact that Greninja V was also a Battle Academy card and it seems like Greninja was demoted and will only get awful cards
After Greninja Break TPCI was like, “Eh, that’s enough for the Greninja fans. Time to overhype Charizard now.”

Apologies to the "well actually" crowd. My point is make desirable versions of desirable pokemon, not this trash
I see the point. But I'd rather this for the "desirable" Pokemon, and then make the good stuff for the newcomers or the unexpected. That way, the "desirable" can still get some bling, while the "forgotten" can be remembered again. I love how Lumineon and Squawkabilly, two seemingly random Pokemon, got playable cards, while Greninja and Lucario, who already have had good cards previously, took a bit of a backseat playability wise.

Greninja basically also just got Radiant Greninja, which to my understanding, is a pretty playable card too.

I see the point. But I'd rather this for the "desirable" Pokemon, and then make the good stuff for the newcomers or the unexpected. That way, the "desirable" can still get some bling, while the "forgotten" can be remembered again. I love how Lumineon and Squawkabilly, two seemingly random Pokemon, got playable cards, while Greninja and Lucario, who already have had good cards previously, took a bit of a backseat playability wise.

Greninja basically also just got Radiant Greninja, which to my understanding, is a pretty playable card too.
Oh yeah I forgot about radiant Greninja lol.
I wouldn’t mind this situation nearly as much except that Greninja and Lucario don’t get bling. Give us an SIR with no play, please, not a normal art with no play.

Man, all ex are bad. Not even a single effect attack that is good.
An at least mid Lucario ex would have been cool.

it will be our battle academy as well. It has to be as the last one was in the D block. It all makes sense as this ex's are simple AF.

Man, they can at least come up with more engaging additional effects than just defaulting to "Flip coin for damage" so much...

Man, they can at least come up with more engaging additional effects than just defaulting to "Flip coin for damage" so much...
From my experiences young kids (like ages 6-8) like coin flips. It's like its own little game and surprising the other player with a bunch of damage is fun. When i was that age I liked Beedrill cards a lot for that reason. On the other hand they tend to dislike searching and shuffling the deck and keeping track of effects over several turns, so these cards are designed the way they are for a reason

Literally the only decent card is Armarouge ex—and HEAVY emphasis on decent. I could see it as one of Charizard ex but Let's be honest if you want a bulky stage 1 that can do 200+ damage, you're going to choose Arcanine 100% of the time. It's first attack has huge potential, and its second does 50 more damage with an added cost of 1 extra discarded energy. PLUS you can't damage it on the bench.

From my experiences young kids (like ages 6-8) like coin flips. It's like its own little game and surprising the other player with a bunch of damage is fun. When i was that age I liked Beedrill cards a lot for that reason. On the other hand they tend to dislike searching and shuffling the deck and keeping track of effects over several turns, so these cards are designed the way they are for a reason
This isn't even about searching, this would be about stuff that could have more damage in different ways like Melmetal ex in last year's ex battle decks. Encourage building a bigger attack through something other than Coin Flips. I'm not saying they should have competitive decks, I'm suggesting they have a bit more variety.

Congratulations to Darkrai ex to being objectively the worst printing of any card ever. Screams and shouts a waste, but it's all part of learning the game, I guess. Boo

I hope these aren’t in a set because if you at a pre release and you see shiny ex foil on the end of the pack. And you think how are you going to destroy people with it until it’s a Darkrai ex hitting less damage for 3 energy’s than a single prizer( hope they do print that cards from path to the peak because the Darkrai and falinx looked cool.

Back