• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Janine's Venomoth-GX (Pre-Rotation)(Post-Unbroken Bonds)

alakazam1228

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon - 17
4x Venomoth-GX (UNB 12)
4x Venonat (UNB 11)
4x Tentacool (UNB 40)
2x Magcargo (CES 24)
2x Slugma (LOT 43)
1x Tapu Lele-GX (GRI 60)

Trainer Cards - 33
4x Janine
3x Lusamine
3x Lt. Surge’s Strategy
3x Green’s Search
3x Nest Ball
3x Lillie
3x Cynthia
2x Koga’s Trap
2x Pokégear 3.0 a
2x Guzma
2x Choice Band
2x Ultra Ball
1x Professor Elm’s Lecture

Energy - 10
6x Grass Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

So as you can most likely tell, this deck’s core and some of it’s trainers are from the newest card set, Unbroken Bonds, so I am not the most accustomed to the deck, because of how new the core is. This deck is pretty much focused around the use of the Supporter card, Janine. Janine by itself pretty much is a double Acro Bike. This card allows you to draw 4 and pick to to put into your hand, while the remaining two go back into the deck. However, there are two Pokémon that abuse the use of Janine during the turn. Enter Venomoth-GX. Venomoth-GX has a normal attack that requires one Grass Energy and two Colorless Energy. Under normal circumstances, this attack would do 110 damage, which is sorta underwhelming, considering it’s energy cost. But here is where the fun comes in. If you have used Koga’s Trap (which renders the opposing Active Pokémon poisoned and confused) this turn, the attack damage gets boosted up to 200 damage, which is very good. Even better, if you used Janine this turn, on your opponent’s next turn, Venomoth cannot be damaged by any basic Pokémon. This is amazing, as this allows you to nullify damage from all Tag Teams, all Ultra Beasts (besides Naganadel) as well as other meta-relevant Basic Pokémon like Zapdos. The other Pokémon is Tentacool. Tentacool's only attack is Flying Bubble Jutsu, which does 10 damage for one Colorless energy. However, if you have used Janine this turn, the damage gets boosted to 60 damage. With a Choice Band, which I have two of, this can 2HKO a Reshizard, and 1HKO Baby Blacephalon, which I feel will be pretty prevalent in the upcoming meta. The 2-2 Magcargo line is to use Smooth Over to get Janine on the top of your deck, and Tapu Lele-GX is to get Janine the majority of the time, but if you are good on your Janine counts you can grab any other Supporter. The same goes for Magcargo. Lusamine and Lt. Surge's Strategy is to abuse the, you guessed it, Lusamine/Lt. Surge loop. I use this to get the Janine's used on my turn back into my hand, so I can continuously abuse it. Green's Search is to search any cards that you need. Pokégear, Ultra and Nest Ball, and Elm's Lecture are to search for the Pokémon that you need. Koga's Trap is for the extra damage for Venomoth-GX to guarantee a Knock Out, and Lillie and Cynthia are your general draw Supporters. And Guzma is self-explanatory.

Feedback is very welcome, and I would love any comments and complaints on this deck. Thank you!

what should i cut to add in 2 more?
need 4 ultra balls
they are a staple
Ultra Balls aren’t in post rotation as of right now. Please wait until Unified Minds, and post rotation happens nearly at the same time Unified Minds does, so building a post rotation deck right now has no use other than for playing with friends. Guzma, Enchanced Hammer, etc. aren’t in Unbroken Bonds, those are the Alternate Art league promos, afaik.

Ultra Balls aren’t in post rotation as of right now. Please wait until Unified Minds, and post rotation happens nearly at the same time Unified Minds does, so building a post rotation deck right now has no use other than for playing with friends. Guzma, Enchanced Hammer, etc. aren’t in Unbroken Bonds, those are the Alternate Art league promos, afaik.
no the title says pre-rotation, where ultra ball is legal.

Back