James86134's 718 Pokemon Extravaganza! 9/718 So far...

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!
Welcome to... the 718 Pokemon Extravaganza that I decided to make when I drew Squirtle and Chespin while I was supposed to be studying!

I am personally going to draw all 718 pokemon (not in order), one by one over the 6-12 months.

Every week, I'll update the thread with hopefully 5-10 pokemon each time, from all 6 regions.

I'm not going to do: Mega evos, all Formes (Talking to you, Unown), gender differences, and Gen I Pikachu - Gen VI Pikachu (meaning, not different sprites, where they change appearance.

One drawing per pokemon.

So, have fun looking at my half-amatear/half-pretty good drawings THAT ARE ON PAPER *gasps+

•••••

THE GALLERY~

Pokemon #001: Bulbasaur
RWOdn2b.jpg

Look at its little heart bruise on its little head :3
Pokemon #004: Charmander
mDa2kFF.jpg

Baby Charmander so kawaii ^_^
Pokemon #007: Squirtle
IDzq43c.jpg

Please adjust you head to the proper viewing position.
Pokemon #043: Oddish
AdRijs4.jpg

Yay, big footed Oddish
Pokemon #50: Diglett
TDgQKne.jpg

What lies beneath...
Pokemon #132: Ditto
T8ezcj6.jpg

My best drawing are my simplest ones...
Pokemon #393: Piplup
DZPRu3d.jpg

Hope I did justice to my first Sinnoh Starter! (Although, not my favourite one)
Pokemon #650: Chespin
5roL7v1.jpg

As much as I love Chespin, I cannot draw him well.
I'll try again, eventually.
Pokemon #707: Klefki
Sa7Bx0L.jpg

The best Pokeman ever!

Coming soon!
SCYTHER
BELLSPROUT
VOLTORB
ELECTRODE
DUGTRIO

RE: James86134's 718 Pokemon Extravaganza!

Did you use a reference? I think you'd be much better off, proportion wise, to use images that you can access easily so you can get everything right on the Pokemon. I'd suggest that you draw different positions too since I think a big personal project like this would improve your drawing skills immensely.

If you follow it through you can get a large showcase of work that shows you improving over time. My advice would be to get a sketchbook so you're drawing on decent quality paper and you can organize drawings much better. Hope to see more!

Pretty decent quality artwork. I would recommend you to try to use your pencil lightly, especially in areas where you need to shade. Using too much force can cause you to get unequal areas of colors and cause the overall quality to drop.

Another thing, which Delta already mentioned, is proportion. You may want to practice drawing some of the features a few times to get a better feel of how you should go about drawing it for your project. While certain parts can be difficult to draw, practice can help you out quite a bit.

I've also noticed that there are a few lines running through certain areas on your Pokemon (Charmander, for instance). Are these the lines that are supposed to divide the shaded areas from the original colors?

Back