TCG Fakes J.Cole's Image-Based Cards: New Fakes Somewhat Often!

J.Cole

Born Sinner
He-ya, I'm J.Cole (previously anabel1406/fondle_my_fingers) and I used to make fake cards. And then I lost interest. And now I'm back! And I really want to get better at faking (and using GIMP as a whole), so I'm trying to make at least one card a week! Soooo without further ado... here is my first card in a very long time!

golurkstarshadow2.png
So yup, It's a Shiny Golurk. I put the holosheet inside the Golurk cause I think it emphasizes the "shininess" plus it looks cool. I know the attacks are pretty bad, but I don't really play the TCG and I have no idea how to make interesting ones. Credits to the amazing ShadowScarKnight for the beautiful artwork and the great Metagross101 for the blanks. Please critique me! I will need the advice for the next CAC competition! :D

EDIT: Updated some placement and fonts and stuff :p

Last edited:

J.Cole

Born Sinner
Here's a preview of a Lunala card I'm making...
Lunala_Preview.png
I'm using Aschefield101's awesome Ancient Origins blank, which I think really goes with the artwork because it's the only blank I could find that would show all of Lunala's wings without me having to squish it. Opinions on the holosheets (especially the one in Lunala's wings)? I'm kinda going for a galaxy spacey effect.

Also, kinda unrelated but is Photoshop CS2 better than GIMP? I'm only using it because it's better with font guides, but I'm just wondering if it's better in general.

Last edited:

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
Also, kinda unrelated but is Photoshop CS2 better than GIMP? I'm only using it because it's better with font guides, but I'm just wondering if it's better in general.
It's mostly down to personal preference, I think. Though keep in mind that CS2 is quite old, but still has most of the stuff you'd want/need to make a good looking card I'd say. Give it a try and learn the basics if it looks like something you'd use, and if you can't make anything look as good as you can make in gimp, then switch back. If not, then you'll be glad you gave it a try!

Nice cards BTW!​

J.Cole

Born Sinner
Owo a shiny card! Very well done!
Thanks a ton ^^

It's mostly down to personal preference, I think. Though keep in mind that CS2 is quite old, but still has most of the stuff you'd want/need to make a good looking card I'd say. Give it a try and learn the basics if it looks like something you'd use, and if you can't make anything look as good as you can make in gimp, then switch back. If not, then you'll be glad you gave it a try!

Nice cards BTW!​
I think I'll probably keep using GIMP for most things besides adding text. CS2 is is surprisingly easy to use, but I'm kinda used to GIMP.

Also thanks for the compliment!

J.Cole

Born Sinner
So I've been working on a blank, and I have a preview to share!

blank_organized.png

Credits
icycatel for the texture
this guy for the artwork

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I like them! They look to be inspired from the SM era, judging by the borders, and I've always found the art going to the edge of the card quite neat. I do think that the PokeDex entry might be too close to the black border, and the PokeDex details might be a pixel too high, but otherwise it's coming along nicely! I'd be curious to see it with other text (specifically the Name and HP) and the Energy symbols, since some parts look a little plain (but that is to be expected). Are you planning on making your own Energy symbols as well?

J.Cole

Born Sinner
I like them! They look to be inspired from the SM era, judging by the borders, and I've always found the art going to the edge of the card quite neat. I do think that the PokeDex entry might be too close to the black border, and the PokeDex details might be a pixel too high, but otherwise it's coming along nicely! I'd be curious to see it with other text (specifically the Name and HP) and the Energy symbols, since some parts look a little plain (but that is to be expected). Are you planning on making your own Energy symbols as well?

Thanks for the feedback! ^^ It is kinda inspired by the SM era because I really like the simpler design. I might make my own energy symbols if I can!

J.Cole

Born Sinner
Here's a preview of a Solgaleo card I'm making with my new blank!
solgaleotest.png

Credits
Icycatelf for the texture and metal icon
Whoever drew the beautiful Solgaleo pic (I believe it's official art but I'm not sure
It's still a WIP and the blank isn't 100% perfect but I'm pleased. I especially like the font for Solgaleo and the HP, because screw Gill Sans.
Also this week's card (Lunala) should be here Saturday or Sunday.

Last edited:

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
Hey, your blank is looking real nice! My only critique I can think of right now is that the "Stage" bar overlapping the border all the way to the edge looks a bit off, like it's awkwardly sticking out a bit too much, even with all the other elements that overlap. I think shortening it a bit, or having it so it doesn't overlap the border would help quite a bit.

jcfix.png

I'll reserve further judgement on the blank until I see a whole card made with it, since it could look a lot different when seeing a finished product. ;)

Last edited: