Help Item's Preventing Retreat

semurphy444

Aspiring Trainer
I had an interesting scenario that sparked some curiosity... I played a Gengar's Creep Show vs a Kiawa'ed full Ho-Oh with a Wishful Baton... and I expected that I'd be in trouble when the energy got moved to the Volc... but to my surprise all the energy went to the discard. The Creep show attack fulfills only 2 out of the 3 requirements (Active, Knocked out, but wasnt by damage- more of a secondary effect) that prevented the energy transfer.

So I got to think- what other "Non-Damage KOs" are there? And a card that almost in the front of my list is Absol's- Doom News attack (And maybe there are other ones similar)... Which your opponent can retreat out of- and I know there are other attacks that "prevent retreat"...but that effect isn't on Absol.

Is there an item card that would "Prevent your opponent from retreating next turn" that you could combo with an end of turn KO- that would force your opponent to have their own switching card in hand to keep their pokemon alive?

There are only attacks that prevent retreat. Though some cards like Aqua Base, Aqua's Muk, Alolan Dugtrio (to name a few) that add retreat though.

Back