• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

It Should Work....(Empoleon/Terrakion)

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
Empoleon/Terrakion

Pokemon 15

4-2-4 Empoleon
4 Terrakion
1 Cleffa

Trainers 35
3 Communication
3 PONT
3 Exp Share
4 Rare Candy
4 Collector
2 Plus Power
2 Juniper
4 Junk Arm
2 N
3 Sages
2 Switch
3 Catcher

Energy 10
5 Water
5 Fighting

The strategy against all non-electric decks is to spam Empoleon to get cheap KO's. Empoleon destroys Mewtwo. For the ever-present electric decks, use Terrakion to get the 2-energy 1-hit KO on their Zekrom or Raikou EX.

RE: It Should Work....

I would use Collector instead of Pichu. Definately not 3 Pichu. And since Catcher is a staple in every deck, I would find room for two. Probably take out the Energy Retrieval/Exp. Share and a Rescue Energy because 12 energies should be enough for a Pokemon that only attacks with 1x {W}.

Lumos77, could you please add the names of your main attackers to the thread title?

You are going to want to be playing Pokémon Catcher. It is going to drastically help your deck. Rescue Energy isn't going to be needed, your Pokémon lines are heavy enough as it is.

-4 Rescue Energy
+ 3 Pokémon Catcher
+1 Rainbow Energy

Rainbow Energy is going to be very helpful. The 10 extra damage on Empoleon isn't going to result in the any critical OHKOs like it will on Terrakion because of Zekrom. Therefore, you are going to want to drop more Water Energy than Fighting Energy to add in Rainbows.

-2 Water Energy
-1 Fighting Energy
+3 Rainbow Energy

This deck should be too fast to utilize Twins IMO. Given Pichu will give your opponent a free prize early on, I feel that Juniper would be more beneficial. It is more of a guarantee and less of a dead draw later in the game (hopefully).

-3 Twins
+3 Professor Juniper

I hope these suggestions help!

Lumos77 said:
Empoleon destroys Mewtwo.

I don't get it, how does Empoleon destroy Mewtwo? It's a Stage 2 meaning it'll take longer to set up and it only does max 120 damage with not even that guaranteed.

Well, it only uses one energy, so Mewtwo needs six energies for the OHKO.

The idea that Empoleon only uses 1x {W}. I agree, though; I wouldn't say it destroys Mewtwo, but maybe it resists it, or it has a good match up with it.

I took your suggestions. And yes, Empoleon doesn't necceasarily make you win against Mewtwo decks, but he is really good against him, and if he has 6 energies your doing really badly.
Should I have Pichu or Collector? I think Pichu, but does he help the opponent too much?

It certainly helps your opponent get out Basics. Not saying your opponent will always win because of this, but it can rescue him from an otherwise terrible start. Plus Collector only gets out things for you, and you can still attack.

Maybe also try
-3 pichu (I'd rathe use collector/dual ball)
-2 ultra ball (communication is enough for empoleon)
-1 pp (2 may be enough)
-1 switch (2 is enough)
-1 POnT (3 may be enough)
+4 dual ball/collector (basics)
+2 N (could help as supporter for refreshing and disruption)
+1 communication (for empoleon)
+1 cleffa/tyrogue (think it makes a good hand refresher if you need it)

Pehu said:
Well, it only uses one energy, so Mewtwo needs six energies for the OHKO.

Ah, I see. Point taken but I'm not sure "destroy" is the correct word to use here.

You play 4 Terrakion in here and only 2 EXP Share? That's a pretty big travesty. I wouldn't bother with Energy Retrieval because it doesn't help you Retaliate after they KO one of your Empoleon. Rainbow Energy is essentially useless in this kind of deck when you only have two different kinds of Basic Energy and you don't want to be susceptible to Lost Remover. Here's the changes I would make:

-4 Rainbow Energy
+1 EXP Share
+2 Water Energy
+1 Fighting Energy

dmaster out.

^ Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. 120 Hp on Terrakion who is supposed to counter Zekeels is not that nice.
I'm not sure N is too terribly useful in this deck, it's not too slow, and you take quick prizes, so what should I put in instead? Or should I keep it?

One more of each would be great.

PONT, N, and Juniper are currently the best three Supporters in the game. I have really yet to see a winning list without at least counts of all three. N is especially vital in this deck. Any deck with a Stage 2 as the main attacker will almost always fall behind in the Prize race, and N is currently the best comeback card. I wouldn't think to cut it from here.

dmaster out.

Another thing to add when you do get behind on prizes, add in Twins. And since you already have maxed out Rare Candy, why not minimize your Prinplup line to 1. That way, you can add in eithere Twins or any other tech options you want. Hope this helped!

Back