Help Is there any way to make Mega Glalie good?

Shinylotad

Aspiring Trainer
I've ran multiple builds of the deck, one that just focused on Mega Glalie itself, getting it set up as quickly as possible, one with less Glalie focus and more overall water tech with that Slowking from breakthrough I think, the one that flips to move energy. No matter what I try, It's just too slow. I even tried a Fliptini build just using the little Glalie ex and just dropping the Mega, I didn't expect that to work though, that was more just an excuse to play silly flip decks. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make Mega Glalie work?

Well, honestly I don't think it can.
Sorry. You have to make your opponent damage you without getting the KO to get the full 250.
Most decks strive for the OHKO.
I can't think of any consistent way to get set up and get damage on yourself.
Sorry.

Well, honestly I don't think it can.
Sorry. You have to make your opponent damage you without getting the KO to get the full 250.
Most decks strive for the OHKO.
I can't think of any consistent way to get set up and get damage on yourself.
Sorry.
No need to apologize, I figured Glalie would be something that couldn't really work no matter what. I tried Po Town and even tried moving damage counters from my other pokemon onto it, its HP is just too much of an uncomfortable number to work with. Thank you for responding though, I think I'll stick to Necrozma Metagross though that's becoming more lackluster by the day

No need to apologize, I figured Glalie would be something that couldn't really work no matter what. I tried Po Town and even tried moving damage counters from my other pokemon onto it, its HP is just too much of an uncomfortable number to work with. Thank you for responding though, I think I'll stick to Necrozma Metagross though that's becoming more lackluster by the day
Try Team Magma's Secret Base.

Try Team Magma's Secret Base.
That was in my first build of the deck, the problem I kept running into was Mega Glalie was too much a glass cannon, it would take the damage and I'd either be able to get a hit off once then get knocked out next turn, or get completely wiped before I could even do anything. I was thinking of building it with as much disruption as possible, to stall until Glalie was set up, maybe use more little Glalie to hit and only Mega when it's about to get knocked out. This is kinda far out therre, might be a bad idea but I was thinking of using Miltank from Crimson Invasion, it's ability heals 90 HP when you attach an energy to your Pokemon as long as it's your active, which shouldn't be too hard to juggle with free retreat cost from Manahpy

Mega Glalie was my very first deck build, so it holds a soft spot in my poke heart. It's not going to get any easier as time goes on. Steel is about to have a huge boost in the coming expansions as a check to Garde GX. Glalie is an unfortunate victim in that crossfire.

I remember playing against a Mega Glalie deck that used Weavile STS to juggle tools around. This meant that that Glalie-EX could be used as the main attacker to hit 170 with Muscle Band, which was a better number at the time, and then Muscle Band would be swapped with the spirit link when damaged. Plus the mega could then have Assault Vest or Heavy Boots to try to tank out the last prizes. Cool idea, but I don't know how often the combo worked out.

Mega Glalie was my very first deck build, so it holds a soft spot in my poke heart. It's not going to get any easier as time goes on. Steel is about to have a huge boost in the coming expansions as a check to Garde GX. Glalie is an unfortunate victim in that crossfire.
I was considering that new Solgaleo GX, the one that removes weakness? I believe that's what it does. I could run a 3-4 Mega Glalie/Glalie ex line with a 4-3-4 Of Solgaleo GX, 3 of the new ones, 1 of the ultra road for free retreat, oh wait there's Manaphy, disregard that.

Back