Is there any use for Darkrai Plasma?

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
bw73-darkrai.jpg

I saw this and hoped it would be good.
It's not.
However, I'd love to use it somehow or another. I was thinking Darkrai/Gothitelle/Deoxys EX, similar to the old Cursegar. Colress Machine would make Darkrai very fast to set up, and you could run Snorlax for early game. Deoxys powers up your Darkrai so that it does something, then eventually you just start dropping Darkrai EX and/or Deoxys with energy and whale on what you hit.
The idea has obvious flaws though.
I'd love this guy to be good, he seems to fit incredibly well with the Plasma theme of evil and looks the part. Do you have any fun ideas?

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
It works fantastically in Darkrai/Lugia as a non-EX attacker, since dual accel fixes its speed problem, and its stallish attacks work well in Umbreon-based decks.

Gusto83

Aspiring Trainer
The box set is not even worth the money. Just wait for the tins to come out with Deoxys and friends.

Bo$$_89

Two Posts a Day Kept the Trolls Away
The boxes are worth their money in sexiness, not playability. There isn't much of a use for Darkrai other than a cool looking non ex attacker

YoungNes

Aspiring Trainer
switch to sigilyph or snorlax with hide in the dark. with colress machine its only 1 dark energy for 30.

Mora

Don't Panic
Darkrai is outclassed by Absol in terms of damage output, but it is easy for Klinklang players to keep a very small Bench. You can get away with having a minimum of three, so that way Absol's damage cap is 130 with Virbank/Laser Dark Claw. Next turn, retreat and Max Potion or if you can't, bench a Klink. I suppose it's worth noting that Darkrai has 10 more HP than Absol meaning it can survive a Steel Bullet, but that's probably the only thing it has going for it, and some Klinklang players include HTL in their list specifically to deal with threats like that (Reshiram for example).

Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
Darkrai as a "starter" of sorts for Snorlax? With Dark Patch and energy movement, you could also start moving around energies?

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
This is just theorymon, but how about Darkrai/ Togekiss?
Basically get a Darkrai and Togekiss set up and use Hide In Shadows to switch out to Togekiss, who makes you immune to Catcher, Laser, Escape Rope, and Scrapper. The next turn get a Keldeo with a Float Stone to Rush In and Retreat. Then you can do it again. Make sure you set up more Togekiss on your bench because while they do have 140 HP, Thundurus EX hits it for Weakness and with 3 Deoxys it OHKOs it with Raiden Knuckle. This makes Aspertia City Gym and Large Cloak helpful for keeping Togekiss up and you could also use Plasma Frigate with a Plasma Energy, which you are most likely running anyway with Colress Machine. You can use Laser and Dark Claw to boost Darkrai's damage output. Its biggest weaknesses are probably getting donked and getting Togekiss KOed before you can get another out.

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
Couldn't you just attack with Togekiss to do the same amount of damage (without Claw), get the free drawpower, and avoid switching every turn for one less energy?

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
I suppose, but Togekiss misses out on Dark Claw and Deoxys (if you choose to play it). It also lacks a second attack, which Darkrai has. Between Dark Claw and the Laserbank combo, Dark Hole hits for 140 and a chance for sleep. Given, it takes 4 Energies, but if you've been using Togekiss correctly, if all goes well, you should have at least two Darkrai out with Energy (not necessarily 4 on each, but probably 2 on one and 3-4 on the other).

BPenno

Aspiring Trainer
It works well in my Plasma Umbreon deck with Dark Claw. My decklist isnt solid, but when it gets set up it annoys people to only take 1 prize (or none thanks to Life Dew) from a 170 hp non Ex that can 2hko almost anything. Takes a lot of setting up, but its fun.

TokyoToots

7 year old weeaboo
its OK in darkrai decks as a klingklang/sigilyph/latias counter if you cant afford absols (cause i have seen those at crazy prices on ebay, and its even worse on the ptcgo)

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
TokyoToots said:
its OK in darkrai decks as a klingklang/sigilyph/latias counter if you cant afford absols (cause i have seen those at crazy prices on ebay, and its even worse on the ptcgo)

Absol is like $2.50. Almost everyone can afford that.

Riskbreakers

The Brilliant Star☆
Well hey, for you Americans, 4th of July is almost near, you might need this card if ever you run out of coal for your BBQ parties.

cyndaquil2000

Pokemon League Champion
blargh257 said:
bw73-darkrai.jpg

I saw this and hoped it would be good.
It's not.
However, I'd love to use it somehow or another. I was thinking Darkrai/Gothitelle/Deoxys EX, similar to the old Cursegar. Colress Machine would make Darkrai very fast to set up, and you could run Snorlax for early game. Deoxys powers up your Darkrai so that it does something, then eventually you just start dropping Darkrai EX and/or Deoxys with energy and whale on what you hit.
The idea has obvious flaws though.
I'd love this guy to be good, he seems to fit incredibly well with the Plasma theme of evil and looks the part. Do you have any fun ideas?
Where do you get the card from?

khit

Aspiring Trainer
^ The team plasma box, comes with FA darkrai FA Giratina and some packs and a coin. Only worth it if you're a collector and don't plan on playing the promos.