Is there a counter for..

Super__Sonic

RANCH!
Mega Mawile? I've been struggling with it lately. I have one for my doubles team, but not my singles team.

My team is as follows:

Greninja (252/252/4) Standard Spread Timid

Excadrill (220 Spe / 252 HP / Rest into Atk) Adamant AV

Slowking (252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpDef) Calm Leftovers

Heatran (252/252/4) Modest Air Balloon

Tangrowth (248 Def / 8 SpDef / 252 HP) Leftovers

Can anyone suggest a good counter for it? I would much prefer something thats easily accessible, but anything is good at this point.

Professor Palutena said:
Heatran is a pretty solid counter unless the Mawile has Focus Punch.

It's not Focus Punch that's my issue. A +2 Mega Mawile OHKO's me with Sucker Punch. I'm trying to find something as a secondary counter to it.

Shining Goodra said:
Torkoal? Talonflame? Pryroar?

Out of those, only Talonflame is actually viable in OU (unless there's something new going on with Pyroar).

Pokémon that can inflict status are a threat to Mawile. Pokémon with Intimidate also hurt it.
I use a physically bulky Landorus-T on showdown and have never had problems.

But yeah, out of the mon's you have currently only Tangrowth looks like it could take a hit from it, and that's assuming they aren't using Fire Fang.

Also Pokemon that can resist Dark . And Mawile hates WoW. Which is pretty easy to get on Mawile so you can sponge sucker punch much easier and fight back.

scattered mind said:
Also Pokemon that can resist Dark . And Mawile hates WoW. Which is pretty easy to get on Mawile

You cannot reliably use Dark resist to counter Mawile though, as its coverage moves will hit super effectively (Iron Head on faries, Play Rough on dark types).

Keeper of Night said:
scattered mind said:
Also Pokemon that can resist Dark . And Mawile hates WoW. Which is pretty easy to get on Mawile

You cannot reliably use Dark resist to counter Mawile though, as its coverage moves will hit super effectively (Iron Head on faries, Play Rough on dark types).

Mostly you can IMO because sucker punch is Mawiles priority and rest of the moves he needs to handle with his low speed
(Infernape with overheat maybe?)

Defensive Arcanine is a great counter to it. It Can come in and intimidate and also WoW it. Plus it resistise but of Mawile's stabs

Rotom-W screws Mawile over, because Rotom-W will always outspeed and can burn with ease.

Also Ferrothorn screws mega mawile over. What's mega mawpaws gonna do? Attack you? (well, all is going on mawile doesn't have fire punch)

Back