Is the Pokemon TCG dying?

the game is dead in many countries. pep (like me) are trying to find ways to stay in game but it becomes too hard. at least in america you have your tournaments... you have participants attending ...so why saying the game is dying!? look first outside your country to see what happends then say the game outside america is dying.
and after all why you care if pep outside america play the game? you got your tournaments , pep still buy cards (even worlds is always located at a place that it suits most americans.) so nowai to stop playing tgc in america . find another reason to cry ;p

Card Slinger J said:
We'll we don't know much about the 5th Generation currently and the direction of the franchise seems to be going back to Johto due to HeartGold/Soulsilver, remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver for the Nintendo DS.

the franchise has done this before...or do you not remember the FireRed/LeafGreen GBA games which meant that it went back to Kanto and was released after the 3rd Generation Hoenn Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games...the TCG accomodated for that just as they are with HGSS, and we may end up with original themed sets like during the last half the EX series run once HGSS finishes it's run...also, not knowing much about the next generation is not an uncommon occurence, most times TPCi doesn't release that kind of information until about a year to 6 months ahead of release, and that is in order to build hype...if you released info now and that game is not ready, then the people end up feeling like they're being led on, and either the game gets overhyped with disappointed players...or the players lose interest before the game is released which will end up meaning less sales on the opening end and eventually overall ~Q

amisheskimoninja said:
I can see why a PUSA employee might be pessimistic because they have gotten a LOT of really negative feedback lately. But thats why they are giving away free Claydols and Didn't cut any sets last year. Because they are trying to win back the crowd. But liking PUSA and liking pokemon TCG are two different things.

Maybe If PUSA would announce when States and Nationals are gonna be held soon then there wouldn't be a problem now would there? It seems like alot of Pokemon TCG players are impatient and are expecting an anouncement soon and If it doesn't come soon they probably think the worst case scenario for the game might happen.

who says PUSA is ready to announce States and Nationals...which by the way...Statesi and Regionals have already been booked...if you look in the organized play forums here, you will see threads popping up about States...I know MO's States is in Eureka, MO, and KS's States is the same place it's always is in, Overland Park, KS. As for Nats, I've already said my piece on that one, and with Regionals, that's even farther away than States...so there is plenty of time to get that announcement out...as for the impatient players...patience is a virtue that they should learn to practice, let them "doomsay" all they want...TPCi/POP/PUSA is not Upper Deck, nor Score...the game isn't just going to abruptly end because info isn't being given out when the "players" want it...just stop listening to the hype, when people say stuff like that, ask for actual hard evidence to support their theories...that's goes the rumor mill and gameplay/deckbuilding...that guy's proof was not hard evidence, it was just some ramblings by a player with nothing better to do that to try to cause panic and confusion

(Randy) said:
I've heard from many people that St. Louis was a bad location and that the convention center or w/e was bad also.

The Saint Louis convention center was great I thought. Plenty of space. The only problem was that the hotels around it are REALLY expensive. I stayed about a half hour away.

amisheskimoninja said:
The Saint Louis convention center was great I thought. Plenty of space. The only problem I though was that the hotels around it are REALLY expensive. I stayed about a half hour away.

I've heard alot more than that...most staff I've talked to said that it was just a schmidge to small...and after talking to some people that went, they were mostly upset with the lack of conviences and amenities available during the weekend due to downtown St. Louis being essentially closed, and with the surrounding areas around St. Louis not really being all that safe to go looking through...it's not like going outside of the convention center was all that grand an idea

qnetykz said:
I've heard alot more than that...most staff I've talked to said that it was just a schmidge to small...and after talking to some people that went, they were mostly upset with the lack of conviences and amenities available during the weekend due to downtown St. Louis being essentially closed, and with the surrounding areas around St. Louis not really being all that safe to go looking through...it's not like going outside of the convention center was all that grand an idea

A lot of stuff was closed, yes, but I walked to Lion's choice, St. Louis Bread Co, TGI Friday's, and a few others without any problems. St. Louis may not be the safest city in America, but thats why you walk in groups.

amisheskimoninja said:
A lot of stuff was closed, yes, but I walked to Lion's choice, St. Louis Bread Co, TGI Friday's, and a few others without any problems. St. Louis may not be the safest city in America, but thats why you walk in groups.

yea, there aren't that many people who come from other parts of the country that will have a group to be able to walk with...not only that, alot of parents accompanying kids are a bit more fearful than you or I...so the piece of mind of having a safe area to be able to walk through is something that PUSA looks at

Well, I don't think that Pokemon TCG is dying, but here in Brazil things are not going so well... We are doing semi-official tournments because POP just ignore us. And we, who play the TCG here, have to organize and distribute the prizes.
A lot of injustice... :( But I still believe in Pokemon TCG!!:)

No, I wouldn't even like to think about losing it..

Blasphemy, I call you a blasphemer!

Drown the witch!

Johnny Phantom said:
Well, I don't think that Pokemon TCG is dying, but here in Brazil things are not going so well... We are doing semi-official tournments because POP just ignore us. And we, who play the TCG here, have to organize and distribute the prizes.
A lot of injustice... :( But I still believe in Pokemon TCG!!:)

just the same as every place beside america / jap. :)
keep paying for the game they wont reward you ;p

lol about the next generation.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_zCAsSc5l0&feature=related
no lol JK and btw Q i think that place you said in kansas city is an excellent idea (and also good for us as well)

Wow that video was hilarious Spire... even funnier than the one I saw where Ash gets tired of Team Rocket following him for 12 straight seasons of the Anime and he gives up his Pikachu to them.

(Lucas checking National Pokedex)

"All right let's see here we got time and space, every human emotion, every natural element, nature itself, life and death...where do we go for next?" - Lucas

"There's only one place left to go, we go for GOD!" - Dawn

"...Oh wait we got that one too..." - Lucas

"Oh." - Dawn

...right. Anyways, POP isn't dying. Its a dumb program that is unreliable, but it is not dying. Regionals and States info was announced for us in MN in like October. Hows that for no info? So yeah. Nationals will be announced soon. They have to book the places and such, it doesn't just happen. Its a big event, and time is needed to make it all happen.

Back