Pokemon is pokémon still popular

is pokémon still popular where you live???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon isn't as popular as before but it's still being played in my area. In fact, it's no longer a point to make fun of it but an enjoyable thing. Lots of people bring their GBAs to school and play it during class. Although most of my friends don't play Pokemon anymore, we love to joke around and remember the old times of the pokemon craze.

The only trouble is that I can't find a card store or tournament around here. The only times I can actually play the game is when I go back to CA on vacations with my old friends. :(

Hi! I´m from sweden and in my part of the country (Gothenburg) there is unfortunately almost no organized Pokémon TCG play. We do have prerelease tournaments and the current national champ lives here so hopefully there will be a revival of leauge play soon. Lobbying at my local gamesstore may prove to be successfull once the Yu-gi-oh national championchip is done.
The GBA titles are still ranking high in the sales charts and there is some activity at Nintendo´s official pokémon forum.
The Anime series airs regularly on national TV (TV4 saturdays at 8:30 am). The episode aired yesterday was the one with the crazy fisherman god and the huge Wishcash.
Pokémon 5: Pokémon Heroes is still not dubbed to swedish and will probably not be released before 2007.
My guess is that there is lots of "closet Poké-pihlias" kids hiding away, waiting for a new hype...
Me? I´m old enough to be the proud father of six children who loves Pokémon and I play Pokémon TCG with them on the weekends (and when ever there is time!)

pokemon is still popular in the united states of america,why?their having a journey across america tour in the u.s. but most people in my school dont like pokemon, i knew texas was dull -_-, ishould have moved to newyorkcity

I think it's mostly popular with young kids and the die hard fans of either the video game, TCG or both.

Well, where I live (the Central Coast of California) the Video Games are quite popular but as far as I know I'm one of the few people I know about in my town who plays (8 of us I think, I lost contact with half of those people though) Anyway it's sad because we have no Tournaments, Leagues, City Championships, or Pre-Releases... And at school, Pokemon is the last thing that would be considered popular, so I kind of keep it quiet, all my friends know though and some of them are included in those 8 people ^... =)

of course pokemon is still popular.

altough here in portugal i cant see all the episodes nor all the movies since i have internet i was able to see them here in pokebeach.com

In where i live(M'sia), there's lots of friend who knows pokemon!!
Last year i introduced pokemon tcg to them and tcg players here are spreading quickly!! lol . From a few players to almost 10++ trainers!

It feels like i'm doing a big job on bringing on tcg :D:p:cool:

Is pokemon still popular. Not that popular as it used to be but I am glad it is surviving. When leagues and tournament stops in our country in the Philippines, my friends stops playing pokemon and sold their cards altogether. But with perserverance I organized a league and eventually it did grow up. Our local store promoted pokemon again and is now thriving as it was before. My friends start playing pokemon again and I am proud to say that I am going 30 already and still like pokemon and plays a lot. It is a game that bonds me with my brother as well. My colllection is still with me through thick and thin for Pokemon. I am proud of my Pokemon championship trophy displayed with my other card game trophy and is not afraid to talk Pokemon with other card games in here.

Lots of my friends play pokemon tcg such as TyranitarFReak.But others wiil call us noob for spending such big amount of money in tcg.

I come from Germany and at my school Pokemon isn't popular anymore.
And all would laugh, if you said: Pokemon is cool

I think Pokemon is still very popular in America. I see people playing Pokemon every day in their GBA or DS. Also, Kids WB still plays Pokemon, so I think Pokemon is still alive and well!

ShadowX said:
In arizona where I live There are like tons of people that love pokemon.

Really I live in Arizona but at most places they make fun of pokemon.

EDIT:Yu-gi-oh butted in and I started hating it cause everyone was all like pokemon sucks, I HATE FADS!

It's quite popular around where I live, unfortunately there are just so incredibly few people in my area who'll play/watch Pokémon.

I think it's still popular, but mostly with children where I live. I saw a couple of people buying DVDs and GBA games the other day. I don't personally know anyone who is still interested though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back