Pokemon is pokémon still popular

is pokémon still popular where you live???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone said pokemon are not popular then pokemon wont survive untill now,and the next generation are releasing so I bet it would have run for another 3 years.
When i said about pokemon in my place, people will usually said its for kids only and they dunno there are many adults playing all around the world...
All my friend had stop pokemon long time ago and i think if you really like pokemon ,you should not let it go. Why they wont understand that pokemon are not only for kids...

I love pokemon and I will never let it go. Thanks to my friends for getting me into it I would have never liked it because my sister was into itfor about a year and I did not like it at first but when my friends told me about it and they showed me their cards. That was when I started liking it alot after they gave me 1500 cards that was when I really started and I am now getting about 400 cards a year and playing my fire red version and I am also watching the show and as of right now I have 2,734 cards and will get more soon.:)

I definately think Pokemon is still popular. At least the trading/selling part is. Im not sure about the game since I dont play.

People would tease you mercilessly here in OK if they found out. I was able to talk about it freely in elementary, but now, it's like a sin or something. Only 1 of my friends know I like Pokemon, and they like it too, that's a reliefe, but. I have another friend I really like, and he hates Pokemon, so if he found out I liked Pokemon, he would never like me.I guess I wouldn't know that for sure, because a real friend wouldn't judge you on what you like, it doesn;t change who you are. I don;t want to take chances though, of it hindering our friendship.

I like pokemon cards!
IN my country (slovenia) pokemon issnt any more popular like before.
This is make me sad!

Looks like everyone is hiding that they play pokemon.
I just let my cards lay around my house, if someone drops by I tell them that I play it.
I mean everyone needs a hobby ;) and for me that's playing with pokemoncards.

But people like to make fun out of things they used to like, that's a fact, so they'll imitate pokemon and stuff, I think it's funny too, but then I think ;what if they knew I Actually like that game and play it, that's so weird.

RE:  is pokémon still popular

Gir said:
I definately think Pokemon is still popular. At least the trading/selling part is. Im not sure about the game since I dont play.

The video games reach the top of the sale charts every time a new one comes out. So, I guess you could say those are popular.
ShadowSong said:
People would tease you mercilessly here in OK if they found out. I was able to talk about it freely in elementary, but now, it's like a sin or something. Only 1 of my friends know I like Pokemon, and they like it too, that's a reliefe, but. I have another friend I really like, and he hates Pokemon, so if he found out I liked Pokemon, he would never like me.I guess I wouldn't know that for sure, because a real friend wouldn't judge you on what you like, it doesn;t change who you are. I don;t want to take chances though, of it hindering our friendship.

Dude, if your friend doesn't like you 'cuz you like Pokemon, then they're not your real friend. Simple as that. If they can't accept you, don't accept them. Words to live by...

Popular? In the world, yes. In my country, nahhh....
that's why I never enter any tourny,,,coz it's hard to find ANY here...
Whenever I ask someone about poke, they always say: Why the hell, you are still like those Pokemon? grow up, man!
or...something like that... no worries, I AM Pokemon Fans, forever!

I have a small crew (4people) who undertand the game in my school. " of those four still play it. Pokemon isn't popular as a mainstream passtime but if u know where to look I think it still has a loyal following.

Some people moan to me when they hear I still play but then I just say 'I like it, get lost.' And most of the time they do.

Well, ppl here in my country doesn't give a **** if I play or not. Actually, I only play Pokémon in tournaments or leagues.

RE:  is pokémon still popular

Pokémaniac said:
I'm only 10, so it's really popular at school.

Im 10 to but nobody except me and my friend like it sure everyone has base set cards but the only use i can make for that is getting energys.

Nobody has any new cards( Tournament legal cards ) and everbody makes fun of you when they find out that you like it.( They think it's imature and not violent enough):( ? Plus there's only one person i know that still likes it and he ignores me when i try to discuss things:(

Another thing I just can't find a decent place that sells complete boxes besides the Pokemon Center/ Nintendo World, and everywhere you look Yu-gi-oh is the top selling brand, in fact some places don't even bother to keep any other series besides Ex Legend Maker & Ex Holon Phantoms:(

and plus pokemon is oing to keep goinig down the tube unless someone over there thinks of something quick. Everobody i know stopped liking pokemon as soon as they released johto, i heeard a kid scoffing at the fact they made even more pokemon, in fact nobody even knows that they have 386 + 4th generation:(

I've asked some people what will get them to like pokemon again and they wanted it to make it more violent and have[censored]things in it like some other anime shows that they like.:(?

At my school in the CA nobody really hates pokemon but very few
people like it maybe 15/200 only my friends like it and these other girls
. It use to be banned until the new principal came.( But some
of the teachers don't know still that it isn't banned) :(

I am totally open about playing pokemon. Everybody that I know knows that I play pokemon. I find that people usaully make fun of it because they think it is dead. When I explain to someone about all the different prizes you can get, they usually warm up to it a bit. Just becuase pokemon is not the top selling card game does not mean that it is not popular. There are several stores in my area that have a large selection of pokemon cards. Including at least 3 boxes of each HL-HP set. When you think about it, tons of TCG's have come and gone. The fact that pokemon is still in the top three is a huge achievement. In pokemon "hay day" there was not any world championships. As long as Nintendo continues to do a great job, I see no reason to fear for the future of such a great game.:D

I don't hide the fact that I play pokemon, but I don't share it either. It isn't popular in Minnesota, but only the younger kids will make fun of you if you play it. The older people don't care if you do or not, but they will think you are kind of wierd.

RE:   is pokémon still popular

psyblazer_ex said:
Pokémaniac said:
I'm only 10, so it's really popular at school.

Im 10 to but nobody except me and my friend like it sure everyone has base set cards but  the only use i can make for that is getting energys.

I'm also ten too and if you went to my old school (worst place on earth) and someone found out you liked pokemon... Bam, out of the popular league for ever and ever and ever and so on.

The kids there used to call me pokemon freak because I knew so much about it, and god, if I didn't know better, i must of been the first kid in Australia to find out the 4th generation existed!

Anyway, i've been a pokemon fan since it came out and, my friends used to hate pokemon untill i got them hooked three years ago.

However, at my new school, instead of pokemon freak, and being unpopular, it's pokemon God, and the popularist kid in class! Woohoo!

So you can't say that your entire state, country, continent, city, county, town, village or street judges pokemon as 'unpopular' because you'll never know!

One thing I do know though, Pokemon is the most popular TCG, Anime etc in Japan.

Oh yeah, and where i come from, Yu-Gi-Oh is almost as unpopular as I thought pokemon was, that's why they don't have the show on here anymore. Good thing I hate Yu-Gi-Oh! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back