Discussion Is Passimian / Mew Viable?

Ultimo545

Aspiring Trainer
Hello,so as the title asks,is Passimian/Mew a threat?
I'm not speaking for all passimian players out there,but I want to ask,in your area,locals,tournaments,how does Passimian fair for you?
I really think it is an under estimated deck,and has no real bad match up's outside Garbodor( the deck is an item dumpster),and hit's hard and fast,with a great prize exchange.
Since Sun/Moon has come out,I play Passimian/Mew,and tend to go X-1,sometimes X-0!
My locals is very competitive btw,We host ARG's all the time,and the locals is always meta.

Yesterday,for July 4th,my locals had a small tournament to celebrate,and I went X-1 in a 4 round 1 game tourny.(only 12 showed up sadly),my Match ups were(and outcome):
Decidueye (lost)
Metagross GX(won)
Lycanroc GX M form/Drampa GX (won)
Garbodor/EspeonGX (won)

I won't explain the matches,or give a decklist(I'm missing a Lele and Shaymin bc they havent come in and my locals ran out,we had only 2 lele that were pulled out of 20+ players,but feel free for pm to get the list)
Honestly I had NO bad match-up,despite being an item dumpster for Garb/EspeonGx on top of weakness,reason being Pass has enough HP to take a psybeam,and I can ko with mew easily anything in that deck in one turn,revive if Ko'd,and keep swinging,prize exchange in my favor.

If anything I've learned playing,DROP bursting Balloon,I constantly see people using it,but with field blower around,and all the other moves that can bypass it by searching or something,it is useless 90% of the time.I'll give to better tools:Choice Band,or FF belt(my prefered).So a lot of pokemon,especially GX,with HP above 220,take 3 hits,and thats not good unless you get a kukui,it's not good,thats why I partially lost to D-GX in round 1.You always want that extra 10-30 damage.Choice band I get,but for match ups where GX or EX are not present,it is bad.F.F Belt is sooo much better imo,not only does it mean I can take 2 hits from psybeam(EspeonGX) before the 3 knocks my passimian out,or anything else for a first hit early game,mid game,but it saves Mew from being ohko's over half the time,and gives that extra damage,to make that team play 140 damage or 110 with the average dmg,which helps those knock outs so much better!
things do recommend trying:play 2 special charge,with all the energy denial going around,it helps,especially if you have to ditch one early on with a bad hand,which happens a lot.Don't be afraid to retreat!passimian is thoe heart to the deck,without it being alive,you lose obviously(play discard recovery too). And nly play Passimian if you are hitting weakness,or thats all you got,Mew should be the main attacker despite the low health because you get the most out of it.

First post on this site btw,bounce between class and work,but hope this helps Passimian players,or makes you think about the deck and it's standing,as a great player,I think it can top an event if piloted right.

I always really enjoyed playing Passimian, it was a great deck even before SuMo was officially released. Obviously, the meta has shifted to a much slower paced game, now that Garbodor runs rampant.

One tactic I have seen players use is plenty of draw supporters and Oranguru, to avoid going crazy on the items. However, I still play it the old fashioned way. The thing is that Mew is much easier to set up than Garbodor is, and both are 1 prize attackers. The Garb matchup is often in your favor, whether the play Drampa GX or Espeon GX. You hit for weakness on Drampa with Passimian, and for weakness on Espeon with Mew. Decks that are a major problem for this deck include Decidueye, Ninetales, Metagross, and even Solgaleo. These decks can take huge hits and heal back any damage, especially the aforementioned Metagross, with the Max Potion shenanigans. Zoroark/Umbreon also serves as a HUGE threat, especially if the deck plays disruption.

However, I will agree Passimian is nothing to sleep on. The deck itself can really take on the majority of the current meta, with the proper tools.

In higher-levels of play, it is a great meta call when everyone is running Fighting and Psychic weak Pokemon, not so much when high HP Stage 1s and Stage 2 GXs. It auto-loses to any Ninetails build and Metagross because of their extreme bulk, recovery, and minimal KO investment. Combined with the upcoming loss of Sky Field, Teammates, and VS Seeker, it loses too much momentum once Mews/Passimians are continuously KOed.

You could use cards like Turtonator-GX and/or Bisharp from STS with Choice Band to handle those match ups but it heavily deviates from the speed of the deck. Not only that, if you try to fit in tech attackers, it takes up more precious bench space for the Octillery or the Oranguru or the Lele. Bursting Balloon is also an option but it costs a Pokemon on your field and a strong way to draw into the next Mew with a Choice Band/Kukui and DCE.

Passimian/Mew has a lot of potential in the future. Right now, it is a good call since you understand your local scene. Personally, I enjoy the speed of the deck and it can win me a few matches. Someone is always running a Ninetails whenever I go to locals so, not a great idea most of the time.

I decided to give this thread a little bump, perhaps for obvious reasons but I think Marshadow is able to keep this deck around.
DFCNKgpXgAA-lMV.png

Maby just as a 4-2 Passimian-Marshadow line but the set up remains incredibly fast with the likes of Brigette and the Marshadow is a fantastic follow up to the first Passimian, both for him having the attack aswell, having a great GX attack and having that extra HP.

Now I am working on a Fighting deck and considering Passiman as the opening pokemon. I personally do not think he has the durability required to be the solo Pokemon in the deck but I do believe that if you open up with him and maby support him with a Machamp/MachampBREAK/MachampGX line that you have the hard KO's during the first two turns and continue KO-ing with the Machamp during the follow up turns. Still have to test that though :)

I decided to give this thread a little bump, perhaps for obvious reasons but I think Marshadow is able to keep this deck around.
DFCNKgpXgAA-lMV.png

Maby just as a 4-2 Passimian-Marshadow line but the set up remains incredibly fast with the likes of Brigette and the Marshadow is a fantastic follow up to the first Passimian, both for him having the attack aswell, having a great GX attack and having that extra HP.

Now I am working on a Fighting deck and considering Passiman as the opening pokemon. I personally do not think he has the durability required to be the solo Pokemon in the deck but I do believe that if you open up with him and maby support him with a Machamp/MachampBREAK/MachampGX line that you have the hard KO's during the first two turns and continue KO-ing with the Machamp during the follow up turns. Still have to test that though :)

Passimian is supposed to be a deck with a key advantage of using 1-prize attackers. With Marshadow in the deck, you have your main attacker giving up 2 prizes, and only has 150 HP.
Also, I feel like Passimian doesn't hit the right numbers. At best, the attack does 160 (attacking w/ Marshadow + Choice Band and 4 Passimians on the bench.) You will rarely hit OHKOs, and with Marshadow you'll get 1-shotted and your opponent takes 2 prizes. The prize trade just isn't in your favor here.

Passimian is supposed to be a deck with a key advantage of using 1-prize attackers. With Marshadow in the deck, you have your main attacker giving up 2 prizes, and only has 150 HP.
Also, I feel like Passimian doesn't hit the right numbers. At best, the attack does 160 (attacking w/ Marshadow + Choice Band and 4 Passimians on the bench.) You will rarely hit OHKOs, and with Marshadow you'll get 1-shotted and your opponent takes 2 prizes. The prize trade just isn't in your favor here.
Actually even lower one passimism has to be in the discard to use the ability

Also, you're never going to be able to use the GX attack, because Passimian decks only use DCE (and maybe Strong Energy).

What it is supposed to do is win by virtue of rapid and high dmg attacks, prizes become of little meaning if you continue to stay ahead. With Marshadow, as above you can continue and do more as you do not soley rely on Team Play.
It hits the right numbers against Drampa GX, Darkrai GX, Tauros GX and other weaknesses who have incredible set ups which is the whole reason it might be relevant to the meta in the first place.

Lastly one Passiman in the discard vs active doesnt matter at all for Marshadow. But feel free to not use Marshadow GX if you dont want to.

Also, you're never going to be able to use the GX attack, because Passimian decks only use DCE (and maybe Strong Energy).

Your not going to change the deck a card? Again good luck with that.

Back