• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Is Mega Ray Still Viable?

Jonathan Jung

Meta is the Meta
With Zoroark being a big player in expanded, and me being quite out of touch with this format I was curious if this deck would still work, and I'd appreciate some advice on how to make it better.

18 Pokemon

3 Rayquaza EX ROS-104
3 M Rayquaza EX ROS-105
4 Shaymin EX
1 Dragonite EX
1 Manaphy EX
2 Hoopa EX
1 Tapu Lele GX
3 Exeggcute

34 Trainers

1 Master Ball
3 Trainers Mail
3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
4 Ultra Ball
4 Sky Field
3 Mega Turbo
4 VS Seeker
2 Battle Compressor
1 Field Blower

2 Hex Maniacs
1 AZ
1 Ghetsis
1 Colress
1 N
2 Lysandre
1 Karen

8 Energy

4 DCE
4 Water

It's a more powerful and faster zoroark but less consistent but the big thing is it's weak to joltic and is much weaker under item lock

It does not help that everyone is running Sudowodo to counter Zoroark GX by capping bench to 4

With Zoroark being a big player in expanded, and me being quite out of touch with this format I was curious if this deck would still work, and I'd appreciate some advice on how to make it better.

18 Pokemon

3 Rayquaza EX ROS-104
3 M Rayquaza EX ROS-105
4 Shaymin EX
1 Dragonite EX
1 Manaphy EX
2 Hoopa EX
1 Tapu Lele GX
3 Exeggcute

34 Trainers

1 Master Ball
3 Trainers Mail
3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
4 Ultra Ball
4 Sky Field
3 Mega Turbo
4 VS Seeker
2 Battle Compressor
1 Field Blower

2 Hex Maniacs
1 AZ
1 Ghetsis
1 Colress
1 N
2 Lysandre
1 Karen

8 Energy

4 DCE
4 Water

You could just run Sudowoodo yourself if you're worried about Zoroark being to big of an issue for this deck.

You could just run Sudowoodo yourself if you're worried about Zoroark being to big of an issue for this deck.
But OTHER decks are playing Sudowoodo, and That's the problem.
Mega Ray is certainly viable, but not great. Zoroark has a much better time against item lock and Night March, like Aurajackle said. But I was thinking about playing Zoroark in Mega Ray to make the deck more consistent, while having more answers to certain decks. Keep the Karen, but also add an Oricorio. I also don't get why you'd play Manaphy over Darkrai, when it has higher HP, and Darkrai GX to revive itself if your Sky Field gets bumped. But both are bad, you have much better cards in expanded.

But OTHER decks are playing Sudowoodo, and That's the problem.
Mega Ray is certainly viable, but not great. Zoroark has a much better time against item lock and Night March, like Aurajackle said. But I was thinking about playing Zoroark in Mega Ray to make the deck more consistent, while having more answers to certain decks. Keep the Karen, but also add an Oricorio. I also don't get why you'd play Manaphy over Darkrai, when it has higher HP, and Darkrai GX to revive itself if your Sky Field gets bumped. But both are bad, you have much better cards in expanded.

Scenario: (M Ray Vs Zoroark)

Both decks play Sudowoodo, then when they're both in play, that puts on an even playing field for both players right?

Scenario: (M Ray Vs Zoroark)

Both decks play Sudowoodo, then when they're both in play, that puts on an even playing field for both players right?
Well yes, but when I stated that other decks were playing Sudowoodo, I was clarifying what Crownaxe said because it seemed like you misunderstood what he meant.

Back