Help Is it necessary to stay till the very end of day 2 at a regional tournament?

SuperTrainerSamYT

Aspiring Trainer
Just a quick question, I am planning on attending Madison Regionals this weekend, and was wondering if it was necessary to stay till the very end of day 2. For example, lets say I played well enough to earn a prize, but not to make top cut. Would I have to stay till the end to receive my prize? Thanks.

Just a quick question, I am planning on attending Madison Regionals this weekend, and was wondering if it was necessary to stay till the very end of day 2. For example, lets say I played well enough to earn a prize, but not to make top cut. Would I have to stay till the end to receive my prize? Thanks.

Hey @SuperTrainerSamYT!

To answer your question, if you place well enough to earn prizes but not to make Top Cut, the event staff will call you up to receive your prizes once the official standings have been finalized. If you do make Top Cut (for instance, Top 32) and you don't continue on into Top 8, then I believe you will be given the prizes once the playing for Top 32 (excluding those who made Top 8) is done. To make this even simpler, once standings have been finalized for a certain ranking, if you are eligible to receive prizes and you aren't going to continue playing in the official event (excluding Side Events and such), then you will receive prizes shortly afterwards. I'm 99% sure that this applies to all age divisions, but I might've missed something along the way. This is the way things work for Seniors (which is the age division I'm in), and so I assume the same applies to both Masters and Juniors (there is a very small chance that it isn't, but I doubt it). If you have any more questions, feel free to let me know!

Hope this helps!
~FrostBiter12

Back