Discussion Is it Even Possible to Make a Kartana Deck

Nobodyshero2727

Pleaing to Greatness
So I have been thinking about this since the card appeared on pokebeach. I was thinking of trying to do a Alolan Ninetales deck where you use Kartanas attack then send him to the deck and then bring up alolan ninetales to stall and just keep doing that. I just don’t know how how logical it is and would be hard to be consistent. Was thinking about throwing in the new registeel to help accelerate energy and then throw in max elixirs and energy switches to help keep the combo going. Or do a straight up energy denial deck with hammers and team flare grunts and wear them down that way. Once the set comes out I’ll be trying it out and then post a list after. Just wanted to see if anyone else has any ideas

In my opinion, Kartana is only good as a tool. Metagross, for example, could use that ability to take care of Drampa, Geotech System onto Kartana, and use the attack. My honest answer is no. It does have a decent ability, a decent attack, and a far beyond decent GX, but if it has to be it's own defense, definetely not. I think one of the few decks it could be good in is a Wobbuffet deck.

Yeah, I could see it working with a lock/energy denial deck. It may also be a decent counter against Gardevoir GX as it gets rid of the DC's that power him up so fast. Also, if he is not OHKO'd he can make all of the damage on him disappear.

Back