Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Shanghai

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare New York to Isshu. Even though I didn't really like the idea of a region based outside of Japan. But hey, I'm not going to ignore things which are obvious. When comparing these two with eachother they look exactly alike. Who am I to ignore this fact? Let's face it people, yes this time Pokemon is set in New York.

^which is stupid... many people said or it was said that 3rd gen was a reboot of pokémon, but I actually think this gen 5 is THE reboot of Pokémon... older characters, region based on a place not in Japan, and until now, there appears to be no relation between the new pokémon and pokémon from older gens... and this is something I don't like very much but wtv...

TrainerGreen said:
I think it is NYC to because in a description it says In a FAR AWAY PLACE

Not to sound rude, but that is a terrible explanation as to why Isshu could be based off of NYC. People tend to forget that Hoenn was stated as beign a "far away region". But it was still based on a region in Japan.

Furthermore, just because a pokemon game's region may be based on a realistic region in Japan does not mean it, along with the other regions in the Poke universe, have to be close like the real world's counterparts.

Yes, Hoenn is 'far away' compared to Kanto and Johto. Now with Sinnoh revealed the regions are pretty much spread around Japan. Calling a new region 'far away' obviously makes it impossible to be in Japan. We should not want what we wish but look at the facts. And for now New York is still the best possibility. At least, if someone else is going to give me a place in real life which also resembles Isshu. For those too lazy to look it up by themselves, I will post a screen of New York and Isshu and you'll see that Central Park, the two rivers (even a small river on the right), Wall street and the bridges pretty much fit with Isshu.

Nevermind, I found a picture
Isshu_is_New_York__New_Jersey_by_KyogreMaster.png

The shape doesn't match. There is a large mountain area in Isshu that's nowhere to be found in new york. Isshu has a lot of forests, new york is basically only city. Many cities have bridges, parks and rivers, so that proves nothing...

People always look for patterns, it's in our nature. Doors look like Jesus, fish have Mohammad and Allah written in their scales and Isshu is New york. ;)

Wolf616 said:
The shape doesn't match. There is a large mountain area in Isshu that's nowhere to be found in new york. Isshu has a lot of forests, new york is basically only city. Many cities have bridges, parks and rivers, so that proves nothing...

People always look for patterns, it's in our nature. Doors look like Jesus, fish have Mohammad and Allah written in their scales and Isshu is New york. ;)

People are forgetting something huge here.

Look at the map of NY.

Keep looking.

KEEEEEEP looking.

Keep looking until you see a big desert in the middle of New York. ....Yeah, didn't think so. <_<

Well the desert is at the place where the twin towers once stood. Even though it's a kinda weird link I can see one.

Anyway if you don't have any other possibilities to offer us, you cannot deny that New York is, till somebody comes up with a better explanation, still the best option.

Also, you are right, there are no mountains in New York. But is there really a cycling bridge between Celadon and Fuchsia City in real life? Is there a desert in Kyushu (Hoenn)? No, most of the time only the shapes are used. Yes, GameFreak will copy a mountain or volcano now and then, but in the end most of it is designed by them to fit the story-line etc.

Also, Wolf616, this time we do know there is indeed a link between Isshu and a real life place. That is the reason why want to know it, because there is one.

Pokequaza said:
Yes, Hoenn is 'far away' compared to Kanto and Johto. Now with Sinnoh revealed the regions are pretty much spread around Japan. Calling a new region 'far away' obviously makes it impossible to be in Japan. We should not want what we wish but look at the facts. And for now New York is still the best possibility. At least, if someone else is going to give me a place in real life which also resembles Isshu. For those too lazy to look it up by themselves, I will post a screen of New York and Isshu and you'll see that Central Park, the two rivers (even a small river on the right), Wall street and the bridges pretty much fit with Isshu.

In another thread somewhere someone posted another map of shangai which also has two huge rivers running on either side of the middleland. Also I think you are just looking at Hiun City but nowhere else because I don't think there is a huge desert, several mountains and large forest in New York. Anyway it could be based off japan because Tokyo is a big city with large skyscrapers and also there is also a bridge with a loop at the end in Japan like the big bridge on the laft hand side. So there.

I just compaired New York and Shanghai to Isshu, and you would have to be daft to not see it's closer to New York then Shanghai. New York even has that little isthmus at the bottom of the rightmost landmass. Also, wooguru.

doctor conan said:
In another thread somewhere someone posted another map of shangai which also has two huge rivers running on either side of the middleland. Also I think you are just looking at Hiun City but nowhere else because I don't think there is a huge desert, several mountains and large forest in New York. Anyway it could be based off japan because Tokyo is a big city with large skyscrapers and also there is also a bridge with a loop at the end in Japan like the big bridge on the laft hand side. So there.
Neither there is a desert in Shanghai.
True Shanghai also has 2 rivers, but New York is a lot closer compared to Shanghai. New York even has the small rivers connecting the bigger river on the right.

Also, like said many times before. There is no desert in New York, but the desert is located where the twin towers once stood. But neither there is a desert in Shanghai. But is there a desert in real life Hoenn too? No. So that argument doesn't make sense.

tyking16 said:
There was a vid NickMatt07 made that gave a lot of good evidence to support Isshu being Shanghai
Bother to give us the link?

I looked again, and that large island, Chongming I think, that I believe to be the equivalent of the central landmass of Isshu is basically nothing but farmland. And the "southernmost" tip is not a skyscraping port city.

Although Chongming is separated into two separate parts, and the central landmass of Isshu isn't, also the central landmass doesn't appear to be an island at all. But I do get your point. Finally someone who brought in a good argument for the 'Shanghai-theory'

Pokequaza said:

I think it is on NYC because it has a very similarity

Majora_787 said:
People are forgetting something huge here.

Look at the map of NY.

Keep looking.

KEEEEEEP looking.

Keep looking until you see a big desert in the middle of New York. ....Yeah, didn't think so. <_<

Just wondering, I don't know the answer to this but maybe somebody else will.

Is there a desert in the japanese region that Hoenn is based on?

Dizzard said:
Just wondering, I don't know the answer to this but maybe somebody else will.

Is there a desert in the japanese region that Hoenn is based on?
No there isn't one. Deserts don't even exist as far as I am aware. Well there is a place called the Tottori Sand Dunes in the Tottori Prefecture, Honshu. But this is not located in Kyushu (Hoenn). Also this isn't a desert after all. The dunes only cover about 30 square kilometers, which is about 12 square miles if I'm right, so not that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back