Discussion Is Greninja Break Still Viable post ULP

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Greninja Break has seen a large dip in play, mostly due to a certain giratina (and its also a “stage 3 deck”). Can ultra prism bring it back from the brink of the card abyss?
Cynthia helps, definatley

Last edited:
Greninja Break has seen a large dip in play, mostly due to a certain spoopy boi (and its also a “stage 3 deck”). Can ultra prism bring it back from the brink of the card abyss?
Cynthia helps, definatley

I believe Greninja break is still an excellent deck and may even get more powerful due to ultra prism. Even though the set didn't exactly give Greninja any new tools to work with, they introduced Alolan Dugtrio, which is a viable 60 hp attacker to a strong archetype gaining popularity. Because of Giant Water Shuriken, It seems like this would be a favorable matchup for greninja on paper, though I am yet to do any solid testing myself.

Would you be able to elaborate on who "spoopy boi" is? I don't quite get the reference, and it would help for others who also want to discuss this topic.

I believe Greninja break is still an excellent deck and may even get more powerful due to ultra prism. Even though the set didn't exactly give Greninja any new tools to work with, they introduced Alolan Dugtrio, which is a viable 60 hp attacker to a strong archetype gaining popularity. Because of Giant Water Shuriken, It seems like this would be a favorable matchup for greninja on paper, though I am yet to do any solid testing myself.

Would you be able to elaborate on who "spoopy boi" is? I don't quite get the reference, and it would help for others who also want to discuss this topic.
Spoopy boi is giratina, i dont know why i call it that, i really shouldn’t lol

Lol definately. Cynthia helps allot but only good players can win with greninja and you gotta be lucky the thing tanks like you would not believe

I don't know. Greninja BREAK was designed to fight Pokemon-EX, who have much less HP so you'll one or two more GWS to get a KO, which means having three or four BREAKs in play. Not impossible but XY stuff is just out powered right now. I'm having to drop my Pidgeot-EX deck simply because of how powerful things are.

The main issue I see with trying to play a XY deck that isn't Volcanion in standard is they require one or two more cards to do what S/M decks can do with far less resources. If you want to try to make the deck work, then know you're fighting an uphill battle. You may be better off investing the time in another deck if you want to be competitive without much effort.

Back