Is Durant Dead after DE?

rileysill32

Aspiring Trainer
With the release of Dark Explorers approaching, does this mean no more Durant in the meta, because of the release of Heatmor?

HOT LICK
{C} - If the defending pokemon is Durant, this attack does 10+50 more damage. (120 because of Durant's fire weakness.)

Only 90HP, level ball friendly, and the use of only 1 of any type of energy.
Durant is no more?

rileysill32 said:
With the release of Dark Explorers approaching, does this mean no more Durant in the meta, because of the release of Heatmor?

HOT LICK
{C} - If the defending pokemon is Durant, this attack does 10+50 more damage. (120 because of Durant's fire weakness.)

Only 90HP, level ball friendly, and the use of only 1 of any type of energy.
Durant is no more?

I've heard too, that Heatmor is gonna be a huge thread to Durant, but I'm just wondering; which decks will actually play Heatmor? I think that the fact, that Heatmor is there is enough to scare people away from using the deck anyways :D

well durant is dead anyway becaue of darkai ex raikou ex groudon ex zoroark that will be released in the same set
also zekeels eats those ants for lunch

sonicboom said:
well durant is dead anyway becaue of darkai ex raikou ex groudon ex zoroark that will be released in the same set
also zekeels eats those ants for lunch

i don't see raikou giving any durants any problems.
but maybe groudon and darkrai

explain at all why these two give durant more trouble than the Ex's that are already out?

raikou snipes for 100 that enough to kill one of those ants
darkrai snipes 30 to two pokemon
and groudon hit very hard too

one of durant weaknesses is sniping

sonicboom said:
raikou snipes for 100 that enough to kill one of those ants
darkrai snipes 30 to two pokemon
and groudon hit very hard too

one of durant weaknesses is sniping

Good Durant players will have Eviolite and Special Metal attached, so Darkrai is pretty much useless against Durant and Groudon will also have a hard time. Only Fire Types and 100+ attackers have Durant eating their hearts out.

Zekeels already has a good matchup against Durant. Zekrom is pretty good.

Dark.dec has a near auto-win. 100+ damage a turn, Energy recovery, and free retreat on everything.

CMT can tech in Heatmor, or Tornadus EX can be an option.

Everything else? Things like Reshiphlosion already have a near auto-win, and others can tech in Heatmor.

Heatmor is completely unnecessary.

If you can deal more than 80 damage per turn, then Heatmor is a waste of deck space. Several decks already have cards that can deal this much damage in one turn, such as Tornadus, Mewtwo-EX, Zekrom, Zekrom-EX, Thundurus, Terrakion, Landorus, and the upcoming Raikou-EX, Tornadus-EX, and Darkrai-EX.

Plus, what if you start with a lone Heatmor up against your opponent's CMT deck and you can't draw into anything? What good will Heatmor do you?

Heatmor will be teched to hell and back at the next competitive event series (Sue me, I don't know the name) in fear of Durant. But once they realize that a lone Heatmor start is absolutely terrible, they'll take it out...you know, because every other Pokemon in the format does at least 80 damage. Which will then increase the popularity of Durant, which will then cause a spike in Heatmor's popularity, then they'll realize how bad a Heatmor start is...and so on and so on.

Will less people play Durant? Yes. Will it die? No, and you're dumb if you think it will die.

don()shinobi said:
Heatmor is completely unnecessary.

If you can deal more than 80 damage per turn, then Heatmor is a waste of deck space. Several decks already have cards that can deal this much damage in one turn, such as Tornadus, Mewtwo-EX, Zekrom, Zekrom-EX, Thundurus, Terrakion, Landorus, and the upcoming Raikou-EX, Tornadus-EX, and Darkrai-EX.

Plus, what if you start with a lone Heatmor up against your opponent's CMT deck and you can't draw into anything? What good will Heatmor do you?

Heatmor will be teched to hell and back at the next competitive event series (Sue me, I don't know the name) in fear of Durant. But once they realize that a lone Heatmor start is absolutely terrible, they'll take it out...you know, because every other Pokemon in the format does at least 80 damage. Which will then increase the popularity of Durant, which will then cause a spike in Heatmor's popularity, then they'll realize how bad a Heatmor start is...and so on and so on.

Will less people play Durant? Yes. Will it die? No, and you're dumb if you think it will die.

Why only 80 damage? lol..
Durant + eviolite + special metal = -30 damage..
So you need at least 100 per turn.

rileysill32 said:
Why only 80 damage? lol..
Durant + eviolite + special metal = -30 damage..
So you need at least 100 per turn.

Oh, pardon, 100 damage per turn. Let's see the cards on my list that can do 100 damage per turn.
Tornadus-EX.
Mewtwo-EX.
Zekrom.
Zekrom-EX.
Raikou-EX.
Darkrai-EX (Not 100 damage to one Durant, but spreads the damage so that the next Night Spear can OHKO the next Durant put in. And besides, it can OHKO a Revive'd Durant regardless of whether it has Special Metal and Eviolote or not).
Landorus (Same reasoning as above)

That takes away a whopping three cards. Oh no, that is SUCH a large amount, especially considering the three cards that can't do over 100 damage per turn are usually techs.

Try harder.

don()shinobi said:
Oh, pardon, 100 damage per turn. Let's see the cards on my list that can do 100 damage per turn.
Tornadus-EX.
Mewtwo-EX.
Zekrom.
Zekrom-EX.
Raikou-EX.
Darkrai-EX (Not 100 damage to one Durant, but spreads the damage so that the next Night Spear can OHKO the next Durant put in. And besides, it can OHKO a Revive'd Durant regardless of whether it has Special Metal and Eviolote or not).
Landorus (Same reasoning as above)

That takes away a whopping three cards. Oh no, that is SUCH a large amount, especially considering the three cards that can't do over 100 damage per turn are usually techs.

Try harder.

for some reason you sound mad bro.
and for some reason I think you are overly cocky, you must not have played many tier durants lol. because I don't care what deck you run, durant can beat it if all 4 are in the deck and none are prized.

It is true that a lot of cards can deal 100 or more damage. However, not for ONE energy, and a colorless one at that. Starting with Heatmor is a nightmare if not against Durant, but so are a ton of other cards people put in decks.

The thing is, Heatmor may be unnecessary, but think about Zekeels. Normally you'd have to set up at least one Eelektrik as well as a Zekrom, the earliest that can happen is turn 2, but that's pretty unlikely, especially with them doing everything they can to stop you from doing so. So, which do you think is easier, getting out a Zekrom, or getting out a Heatmor? It can only up your chances of beating Durant.

Cinema said:
The thing is, Heatmor may be unnecessary, but think about Zekeels. Normally you'd have to set up at least one Eelektrik as well as a Zekrom, the earliest that can happen is turn 2, but that's pretty unlikely, especially with them doing everything they can to stop you from doing so. So, which do you think is easier, getting out a Zekrom, or getting out a Heatmor? It can only up your chances of beating Durant.

my point exactly.
people say zekeel is good against durant, i don't doubt them.

but for 1 energy of any type to 1HKO a durant.
no other card is that powerful against durant.

This is what I think: Durant will drop in play dramatically because Durant players may suspect Heatmor. But, you see, Durant can: Devour heatmor, crushing hammer heatmor, catcher stuff, etc. It is highly unlikely that a player is going to start of their 1 Heatmor, so Durant still has a chance. Guys, only play Heatmor if you hate/have an autoloss against durant. I may or may not play heatmor in my ZekEels (still thinking). Heatmor stinks in every other matchup so........yeah, is it really worth it? We'll just have to see at the first couple BRs.....

Also, Durant has the ability to tech in Blackbelt and Mewtwo and DCE. Bye Bye Heatmor.

RogueChomp said:
This is what I think: Durant will drop in play dramatically because Durant players may suspect Heatmor. But, you see, Durant can: Devour heatmor, crushing hammer heatmor, catcher stuff, etc. It is highly unlikely that a player is going to start of their 1 Heatmor, so Durant still has a chance. Guys, only play Heatmor if you hate/have an autoloss against durant. I may or may not play heatmor in my ZekEels (still thinking). Heatmor stinks in every other matchup so.....yeah, is it really worth it? We'll just have to see at the first couple BRs....

Also, Durant has the ability to tech in Blackbelt and Mewtwo and DCE. Bye Bye Heatmor.

Crushing Hammer is lols against Heatmor since it only requires {C} energy so its never going to work. Mewtwo and DCE makes Durant much less consistent and also lets the opponent get two prizes in one turn with their own Mewtwo, which is really bad for Durant. Heatmor is usually going to win the matchup for you unless you lead something with a huge retreat cost like Zekrom EX/Terrakion and get your Switches/Darkrais/whatevers milled/prized or Heatmor itself is prized/milled. It may sound like a lot but really its very bad for Durant. It is pretty much an autoloss.

Dark Void said:
It is pretty much an autoloss.

^ This.

It depends on how much Heatmor played to determine whether Durant is dead, not the usefulness of Heatmor. I have played matches with Durant against people with a DE Heatmor proxy, and it's seriously impossible for the Durant player to win. Unless the person runs no super rod or revive AND has their Heatmor milled away, the Durant player has no chance.

Yeah.

The big thing about Heatmor is that it only needs an Energy. Zekrom gets charged up earliest T2, but most likely T3-5 because of Hammers. When you are killing Durants by T1-2, you have COPIOUS amounts of time getting Switches and the like for your Pokemon that you start with (and that Pokemon could be Tyrogue or another free retreater).

So there is that.

Dark Void said:
Crushing Hammer is lols against Heatmor since it only requires {C} energy so its never going to work. Mewtwo and DCE makes Durant much less consistent and also lets the opponent get two prizes in one turn with their own Mewtwo, which is really bad for Durant. Heatmor is usually going to win the matchup for you unless you lead something with a huge retreat cost like Zekrom EX/Terrakion and get your Switches/Darkrais/whatevers milled/prized or Heatmor itself is prized/milled. It may sound like a lot but really its very bad for Durant. It is pretty much an autoloss.

Play Mewtwo? Against Durant? If they do that, they are crazy. Also, once you KO heatmor, they suddenly can't OHKO your durants so you can either go Devouring or just aggro mewtwo until it dies. And it is pretty obvious Heatmor wins the Durant Matchup. The question is if its really worth playing and if Durant is dead or not. Mewtwo needs a DCE pluspower to KO your Mewtwo, and I've only seen like 1 or 2 Pluspowers ever being played in a deck.

Back