Is anyone else worried about the next few sets?

To be honest I don't see how this turned from an impact on the meta thread to a make-up thread?

Anyway, back on subject, I don't think there will be much space for rogue decks in the new format unless they counter LostGar.

And by the way, does anyone know if people run Vileplume in LostGar?

Don't think so. It's too slow, and can't get a new Gengar set up repeatedly with it out. And it doesn't provide any specific advantage, like with VileGar.

Some times, thats the problem. There are like twenty diffrent LostGar list that are all used. So we can't tech against it. And there is no plain skelton list to work off of either.

^There is ALWAYS a skeleton list, just a small one.
LostGar can be teched against, particularly after you find out which variants/techs people use in your meta. But you can't know this early.
Spiritomb is just standard setup for Stage-2 decks. The Trainer Lock is a bonus.

I think the deck is much better without spiritomb, but I do not think spiritomb is very good. It pretty much a free prize card. With todays super fast meta you should be able to knock it out quickly.

I know I may get yelled at for this, but:

BW TCG is so akin to Base Set it's not funny, much like how BW reboots the games being like RG. What if, in Sep when we have BW TCG2, we have BW on? A TCG reboot as it were.

Not bloody likely, but it's an option.

^obviously when they made SP's they didnt care about the base set. lol. only 2 sets in the meta? that would...well that would be horrible. you would have pretty much 2 decks in the whole meta and barely a sprinkle of rouge. sure it would slow the meta but it would also destroy it too.

It could be an idea but so many players would quit and the game would NOT be fun. I can't see them doing it from the business point of view

Haha, a BW-on format would be absolutely devastating... Call of Legends seeing competitive play for only a couple of months... actually - that would be kind of awesome;)

They would make it CoL-on, so the meta wouldn't be completely desroyed, because we still had PONT, Smeargle, etc. If they did that though I'd sell all my cards and quit.

Whoa, honestly i am less worried about Lostgar than i am about pokemon catcher. Catcher will affect the metagame so much, you will have to choose between giving a free price or use support benched pokemon (like sunflora, nidoqueen, etc)
If they do CoL on or BW on this season, i quit the game honestly. All the money wasted, that is not funny :(

im not to worried about pokemon catcher, vileplume solves it all. vileplume will rise in popularity thus making people use blaziken more...it should be interesting

RR-on, they already said 4 sets. Now stop worrying every one.

Cont of catutie: Wich makes counters to Blazeiken [Toxicroak PL, Water Types, Free Retrteat (Crobat G, Flygon RR)] more popular, and\or make Vileplume less popular. Makeing Catcher more popular. So we have 4 catcher, and Blazeken\Dialga G or Vileplume, with Blazeken[for Dialga G] and Blazeken's counter(s). Bringing up the qustion that defies the logic broadly accepted in today's society:
How can your enemy's enemy be your freind, if he also your enemy.[pardox]

^ @.@ im so confused. so counters to the counter will become popular because they counter a popular thing....i think. and then the counters taht counter the counter get there own counters lol. maybe it will all cancel out lol

I peronally play Magnezone Prime. If LostGar is played a lot I just tech in an Absol Pirme or Absol GX.
Absol GX not only 1 hits Gengar, it disrupts as well.
Absol Prime helps out Gengar, but that's why you only use it at first to slow them down at the begining of the game so you can get set up. It's also a lot easier to tech in.
After that, just be very careful how you play your stadiums so you can get rid of Lost World.
I'm actually looking forward to Catcher. It'll add a completely new depth to the metagame, and it'll completely transform it.

^Absol Prime is not a good idea... every time you OHKO a Gengar, you have to send a Pokémon to the LZ. Doesn't help a whole lot.

glaceon said:
They would make it CoL-on, so the meta wouldn't be completely desroyed, because we still had PONT, Smeargle, etc. If they did that though I'd sell all my cards and quit.

Call of Legends-On will NEVER happen because that would kill the Pokemon TCG, not enough cards to work with and a stagnant metagame would just be horrible. Can you imagine how many currently Modified legal decks that would kill? That's worse than when Yu-Gi-Oh! banhammered all their good old school cards.

It would also cause cards to lose their value that are currently Modified legal or are garaunteed to be Modified legal for another Season, yeah don't worry Play! Pokemon (POP) and PUSA aren't that stupid.
Why did you think they gave us key Staple cards as League Promos?

Scizorliscious said:
^Absol Prime is not a good idea... every time you OHKO a Gengar, you have to send a Pokémon to the LZ. Doesn't help a whole lot.

That's why you either run Absol G Lv. X for Darkness Slugger or Honchkrow SV for Riot...

Back