Iron Leaves and Walking Wake from Crimson Haze!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Iron Leaves and Walking Wake have just been revealed from S5a Crimson Haze! Crimson Haze will release in Japan on March 22nd. It and April’s Mask of Change will form our Twilight Masquerade set in May.

Thanks goes to Toine L. for the card translations!
Iron Leaves – Grass – HP120
Basic Pokemon (Future)
[G] Recovery Net: Put up to 2 Pokemon from your discard pile into your hand.
[G][C][C] Vengeful Edge: 100+ damage. If any of your Pokemon were Knocked Out by damage from an attack during your opponent’s last turn, this attack does 60 more damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Walking Wake somehow doesn't fit in a deck well rn. It does too low of damage to be run over Kyogre in Bax/Pao, but also has too high of an attack cost to be run effectively in Dino Box.

Iron Leaves is interesting enough given that one power-up from Booster Capsule or Crown ex lets it OHKO Charizard, but getting it set up is still telegraphed from Miraidon. Seems like an ok card to at least test for Future Box vs Zard, but I feel Iron Leaves ex plays much better for game momentum since it can pick up energy from anywhere when it comes into play.

Does it really, because it‘s damage Caps at 180 with self damage and it does not hit weakness on anything in the meta really.
Realistically, everything you said would have probably been fine in most regards given Koraidon hits those numbers too.

Losing health doing so is a bit of a downside when bulking out hits with Ancient Booster can be important depending on the matchup. The 3 energy cost is what really kills this. It can’t be compared with Koraidon given how Sada + energy is how you normally build the Pokémon up. For 3 energy you might as well be using Roaring Moon ex to cover a significantly more important niche, and with Dark Patch available. Mixing together Roaring Moon ex and Koraidon isn’t all that common, and it’s evenly more of a pain introducing Walking Wake.

Did anybody remember when Ancient and Future pokemon it seemed like they were going to have gimmicks? Similiar as how Ultrabeast were about prizes, Ancient were about self damage and Future about move Pokemos positions, they dropped the idea too early and thats so lame...

Iron Leaves doesn't KO Charizard and Walking Wake doesn't deal enough damage to be a good single prize threat. That is all, I will take my leave now

Did anybody remember when Ancient and Future pokemon it seemed like they were going to have gimmicks? Similiar as how Ultrabeast were about prizes, Ancient were about self damage and Future about move Pokemos positions, they dropped the idea too early and thats so lame...
Walking wake literally self damages... Iron leaves also has a pseudo move into active gimmick as well... Not the smartest comment to be making on this particular post...

Last edited:
Realistically, everything you said would have probably been fine in most regards given Koraidon hits those numbers too.

Losing health doing so is a bit of a downside when bulking out hits with Ancient Booster can be important depending on the matchup. The 3 energy cost is what really kills this. It can’t be compared with Koraidon given how Sada + energy is how you normally build the Pokémon up. For 3 energy you might as well be using Roaring Moon ex to cover a significantly more important niche, and with Dark Patch available. Mixing together Roaring Moon ex and Koraidon isn’t all that common, and it’s evenly more of a pain introducing Walking Wake.
We've seen roaring moon ex utilize significant amounts of water energy just for rad greninja. This walking wake can slot well into this archetype and allows you to use a single prizer that hits harder than morpeko. 180 is still solid for a single prizer as you can still roaring moon ex them for 100 or 220 afterwards. However, the strength of morpeko is that it doesn't hinder powering up your roaring moon ex.

We've seen roaring moon ex utilize significant amounts of water energy just for rad greninja. This walking wake can slot well into this archetype and allows you to use a single prizer that hits harder than morpeko. 180 is still solid for a single prizer as you can still roaring moon ex them for 100 or 220 afterwards.
Yeah Chip Richey and Azul GG were talking about (on their podcast) how post-rotation Ancient Box seems to be oriented towards two hit KOs using one-prizes, with maybe a Roaring Move OHKO to take the last two prizes in one fell swoop.

Walking wake literally self damages... Iron leaves also has a pseudo move into active gimmick as well... Not the smartest comment to be making on this particular post...

Thats the point, looked like they remembered for an instant that was ancient gimmick...

And I dont see how Virizion is anything related to move your pokemon, with that logic every single attack is could be related to move your previously benched to active kind of gimmick...

Thats the point, looked like they remembered for an instant that was ancient gimmick...

And I dont see how Virizion is anything related to move your pokemon, with that logic every single attack is could be related to move your previously benched to active kind of gimmick...
your post implied that they gave up in the gimmicks but that's clearly not the case as they revealed these cards.

The knockout condition is like a pseudo move into active condition because when you're knocked out you need to move a pokemon into the active. That's why I said pseudo, it's not a direct move into active condition.

I'm not sure I consider this a massive loss since I think flexibility in card design is also good. I think I like the way things are now, where these gimmicks are more suggestions as opposed to obligations.

your post implied that they gave up in the gimmicks. The knockout condition is like a pseudo move into active condition because when you're knocked out you need to move a pokemon into the active. That's why I said pseudo, it's not a direct move into active condition.

Yes they gave up too quick, Im too lazy to search but pretty sure this is the only self damage ancient Pokemon in a long time and its such a stretch consider the revenge attack a related to move gimmick, even a "Cant attack next turn" will be quite a stretch but we know that mean switch the pokemon to reset, so I could accept it but not a revenge attack

Overall there are like 20 cards from each arquetype and maybe 6 or 7 have their "gimmick", less than the 50%

Last edited:
Back