Iron Hands ex, Skeledirge ex, Iron Jugulus, Slither Wing, Yveltal, and More from “Paradox Rift!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The English versions of several more cards from Paradox Rift have been revealed!
As posted before, the set will release on November 3rd. It will be a combination of cards from Japan’s Raging Surf, Ancient Roar & Future Flash, and Tera Mewtwo & Skeledirge ex Decks. The latter is still being revealed in Japan right now.

F8BTb1VbYAIMG4D-143x200.jpeg

23-Fuecoco-144x200.jpg

24-Crocalor-143x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The fact that someone came up with Roaring Moon ex + Emergency Jelly and nobody stopped them is hilarious to me. You chalk up Lost Box or Genesect V to lack of testing and lack of foresight, but that's a 2-card combo that someone had to do on purpose.

What is Amp You Very Much even a play on, it doesn't sound anything like 'thank' lmao.
Shoulda called it Amp-Utate or something. Or just kept the Japanese name. Whatever.
from Bulbapedia:
Amp You Very Much's Japanese name is a pun on ごっつあん gottsuan (sumo slang for "thank you"; also spelled ごっつぁん gottsan) and amplify.

from Bulbapedia:
Amp You Very Much's Japanese name is a pun on ごっつあん gottsuan (sumo slang for "thank you"; also spelled ごっつぁん gottsan) and amplify.
I guess it's something that doesn't translate over very well. I was going off the Serebii translation which had it as 'Sumo Surge' (though in reality Amp You Very Much is better than that, even if the pun is a painful stretch).
Amp-le Thanks? Amp-preciation? Gene-ratitude? Iunno

The fact that someone came up with Roaring Moon ex + Emergency Jelly and nobody stopped them is hilarious to me. You chalk up Lost Box or Genesect V to lack of testing and lack of foresight, but that's a 2-card combo that someone had to do on purpose.
Any relevant deck can do 150 damage in its sleep. It's not that big a deal.

Add in the Garnacle that also heals
Plus add in a few of the Gargancl that heal during check up and you've got almost all that damage back. Are there any cards that can stop you from putting on the cabbage in the first place? Like that say prevents damage or lessens damage from attacks by your opponent or yourself?

Add in the Garnacle that also heals
Plus add in a few of the Gargancl that heal during check up and you've got almost all that damage back. Are there any cards that can stop you from putting on the cabbage in the first place? Like that say prevents damage or lessens damage from attacks by your opponent or yourself?
Gargancl is the best choice. You don't want to prevent any damage dealt to yourself, since Roaring Moon ex puts itself on that magical "30" for the Emergency Jelly to trigger. Also you have a superior Welder in Sada because lol and perhaps even lmao.
It really doesn't matter that it might not be competitive in the end. What would you compare it against, Genesect V? Gardevoir ex? tCharizard ex? Electric Generator, Colress's Experiment, other cards that never should have seen print in the first place? It's not much of a flex.

Gargancl is the best choice. You don't want to prevent any damage dealt to yourself, since Roaring Moon ex puts itself on that magical "30" for the Emergency Jelly to trigger. Also you have a superior Welder in Sada because lol and perhaps even lmao.
It really doesn't matter that it might not be competitive in the end. What would you compare it against, Genesect V? Gardevoir ex? tCharizard ex? Electric Generator, Colress's Experiment, other cards that never should have seen print in the first place? It's not much of a flex.
Unless you could prevent the damage altogether like Protective Cube. I'm pretty sure there's nothing like that in standard. Roaring Moon would be beyond broken if a tool existed in standard that negated recoil damage. Especially with Arven being able to search for tools.

Any relevant deck can do 150 damage in its sleep. It's not that big a deal.
There is no argument for printing an OHKO attack without some gimmick, unless someone was purposefully trying to break every rule of good design.

It's... kinda a factor in prize mapping. The decks you are using Frenzied Gouging against, you are expecting Gouging to be an even trade in prizes after all is said and done. But then you have to question what the opponent can put into the active to take a KO on Roaring Moon. This can be a difference between putting up a single prize pokemon or a double prize pokemon.

If Charizard can take those 2 prizes with a Charmander instead of promoting a Charizard, that's a safer play if the roaring moon user is not at 1 prize remaining. That's just one example, but that can apply to Charizard, Lost Zone Tina, Palkia, Bax/Pao decks that tech Palkia, and if you fail to knock off a Bravery Charm Miraidon can take advantage of that safe line of play too.

Rapid Strike Box also can easily abuse Roaring Moon at 30 HP by getting a moderate chance at Yoga Loop between Medicham, Radiant Alakzam, and Intelton VMax. That's probably a scary matchup no matter what.

Most other decks you are just taking KOs with Calamity Storm anyhow, and lesser powerful tank decks might be too linear to have a 1-prize pokemon that can clean up a 30-HP Roaring Moon.

That said, you can still use Roaring Moon as a KO option and not need Emergency Jelly to make up for this, if you design your deck with that prize mapping in mind. This can either be saving Roaring Moon specifically for big KOs and playing a prize-efficient pokemon alongside it, or teching Roaring Moon as a one-of in something and not make it the main focus of the deck, saving only for specific pokemon to knock out at certain points in a game.

You really only need Emergency Jelly if you design your deck's major flaw around needing Emergency Jelly, which would be like playing a devout I-am-only-attacking-with-Roaring-Moon deck.

The factor of being at 30 HP left is more of a big deal than what PMJ is claiming, but the solution definitely does not have to be Emergency Jelly, nor is Emergency Jelly something Roaring Moon players should put on a golden pedestal.

i'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but yveltal and brute bonnet's IRs confirm that we're gonna have around 25 illustration rares with this set. that's double the amount of illustration rares we had in obsidian flames!

This can either be saving Roaring Moon specifically for big KOs and playing a prize-efficient pokemon alongside it, or teching Roaring Moon as a one-of in something and not make it the main focus of the deck, saving only for specific pokemon to knock out at certain points in a game.
So what 1-prize pokemon would pair well with this?

You have Brute Bonnet, which has the same attack cost as Roaring Moon and still works off Sada and Dark Patch.
You have Slither Wing, which only needs 1 energy, still works off Sada, and is fantastic against Miraidon.
You have Galarian Moltres, which puts up 120 damage or more after Roaring Moon is knocked out, and can take bigger KOs later in the game.
And if you really wanted to experiment and were already trying out Brute Bonnet + Ancient Booster Energy anyways, you could try teching Paldea Evolved Sableye as that now hits for 90 damage + Poison with that setup for 1 energy.

You then need to figure out what is consistent, and how much damage you'd need to cover if Roaring Moon does get knocked out by a 1-prizer.

Back