iPhone 6 Launch Crazy Lines

Pokemonlover903

Sylveon is love, Sylveon is life
So if you didn't know, the iPhone 6 came out today, and I've been hearing that there were crazy lines n' stuff so I thought we could just discuss about it here, thanks :D.

As someone who didn't and won't buy it, I find it funny. Not unusual or surprising (has happened a lot of times before), but funny. The unresisted urge to get the first shipping... Apple won't run out if of iPhones anytime soon, so why bother with lines from the store to your house? I don't think there's anything people need so badly that the iPhone 6 gives them... the most important thing is to make calls, and you can do it. I understand the reasons why people want the latest piece of technology, but I don't understand the rush.

Chaos Jackal said:
As someone who didn't and won't buy it, I find it funny. Not unusual or surprising (has happened a lot of times before), but funny. The unresisted urge to get the first shipping... Apple won't run out if of iPhones anytime soon, so why bother with lines from the store to your house? I don't think there's anything people need so badly that the iPhone 6 gives them... the most important thing is to make calls, and you can do it. I understand the reasons why people want the latest piece of technology, but I don't understand the rush.

Yeah I know, yesterday I was at Costco getting groceries, and I could even get in!!!!! most stores around me were crowded and it was hard to get in and out of the parking lot!!!!!!! Why the hell do people wait when they could preorder? I'm happy with my iPhone 4s

Seeing videos of the long lines everywhere just makes me glad I have my crappy flip phone...that I barely use anyway.

I saw a video of someone walking out of the store with their brand new iPhone6 and then accidentally dropping it and it just shattering

#WorstDayEver.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
I saw a video of someone walking out of the store with their brand new iPhone6 and then accidentally dropping it and it just shattering

#WorstDayEver.

lol I saw that, I would cry if I got a new phone and I dropped it, people go too crazy over phones, Just preorder them!!! It's crazy to wait in line for such a long time!!!

Chaos Jackal said:
I don't think there's anything people need so badly that the iPhone 6 gives them.

As an iOS Developer (for my job) having the latest devices is key to making sure I am able to keep up with, and ahead of my competition. I realize that I am in the minority of day 1 buyers, but just one scenario where having the phone as soon as possible matters.

As you said yourself, you are the minority... and a rather small minority at that. I heavily doubt that those lines from the store to the bus station are made of iOS developers.

I do not understand the hype for getting the latest phone/gadgets/whatever on the first day it comes out. What is it that people think they are missing? One extra hour of battery? Is that so important? And, why must it be the first day? Bragging rights? The updates are never really that different. I would rather use the potential money spent for the new phone on something more practical or perhaps paying the phone bill, which is crazy expensive these days with internet use. Plus, do people take time off from work for this?

I'm a patient person, so I hardly splurge on something I want until the price is knock way down or unless I'm convinced that it is something I need (and a new apple phone is not one of those things). And, I would probably never wait in line all day for a product. Plus, I'm not really a fan of Apple products (although I use my ipad extensively throughout the day, and still use the original iPod video as my main music player) or new gadgets.

Up until about a year ago, I was content with my Motorola Razor flip phone for many years. I only used it for emergencies or brief texts or calls. I now have a Samsung Galaxy 3S (that I mainly got for foreign travel purposes), and I only use it as a music player, for emergency internet on the road, as a backup camera (great at night, while my camera is not), or for games while waiting at the doctor. If I need to talk with people, I prefer to do it in person. But, perhaps I'm missing the point of having the latest gadgets...

Back